Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
chrismm31

Mikhail Kutuzov tier 8 premium cruiser

107 comments in this topic

Members
121 posts
3,380 battles

Mikhail Kutuzov tier 8 premium Russian cruiser will hit the server on 12/9/15 for testing.

http://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/cbt/patch-alert-0514/                     

image.jpeg

Edited by chrismm31

Members
341 posts
1,820 battles

Just to confirm but it is not being offered for sale on the EU or any other server on the 10th. It will appear in game then for testing purposes only. No one has bought the ship or been rewarded it for actions in the game. The players with it have it to test only.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,373 battles

Looking forward to picking apart Mikhail's stats with the extended tech tree mod.

RIP obsolete Atago :trollface:

Members
121 posts
3,380 battles

that special camo is UGLY..but I like the 100% xp bonus

It really is but I don't mind that 100% xp bonus either . The Mikhail Kutuzov look like it will be a great AA and anti-DD cruiser , if so it may have a place in ranked battles . What do you guys think? 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,373 battles

It really is but I don't mind that 100% xp bonus either . The Mikhail Kutuzov look like it will be a great AA and anti-DD cruiser , if so it may have a place in ranked battles . What do you guys think? 

Granted this is all blatant speculation, but from looking at the Sverdlov-class Wikipedia specs, I'd say it will probably operate like a Cleveland with slightly less (albeit more effective due to Stalinium alloy composition, tovarisch) armor, a flatter gun trajectory, and torpedoes.  

A better comparison would probably be to Mogami, however.  Mikhail will have less broadside alpha due to one less turret, but likely a significantly greater ROF.  The torpedoes may likely be shorter-ranged and less powerful, but travel faster with a more useable firing arc.

Again, all speculation, but fun nonetheless.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sverdlov-class_cruiser

Beta Testers
2,589 posts
8,799 battles

I'll probably pick it up if it ever makes it to the NA shop.... Which will be some time around July if past wait times for NA to get something are any indication. :trollface:

[KTKM]
Beta Testers
4,633 posts
4,076 battles

Looking forward to picking apart Mikhail's stats with the extended tech tree mod.

From the leaks, it's basically Mogami with longer range. Armor doesn't seem too great. 

[WOO]
Members
402 posts
9,180 battles

ATAGO...Forever :honoring: If she is a Sverdlov-class Cruiser, why are they introducing a Post war Cruiser?  Just curious

Edited by Skull_004
  • Cool 1

[IN3PT]
Beta Testers
1,703 posts
6,511 battles

From the leaks, it's basically Mogami with longer range. Armor doesn't seem too great. 

Do the leaks state HE ammo flight time? NavWeaps gives it a Mogami-esque AP muzzle velocity and a Cleveland style (orbital trajectory) HE muzzle velocity which would surely add an interesting wrinkle to playing it. 

Members
1,699 posts
9,031 battles

Mikhail Kutuzov tier 8 premium Russian cruiser will hit the European server on 12/10/15 for testing.

http://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/cbt/patch-alert-0514/                     

:popcorn:looks like a cleveland..

[KTKM]
Beta Testers
4,633 posts
4,076 battles

Do the leaks state HE ammo flight time? NavWeaps gives it a Mogami-esque AP muzzle velocity and a Cleveland style (orbital trajectory) HE muzzle velocity which would surely add an interesting wrinkle to playing it. 

No, but i'll give data mining a go once the update lands.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,373 battles

ATAGO...Forever :honoring: If she is a Sverdlov-class Cruiser, why are they introducing a Post war Cruiser?  Just curious

Because WG apparently has a history of double-standards regarding the era of Soviet vehicles vs those of other nations they are matched with at the same tier. :trollface:

Let's just hope the tier X isn't this beast...

Vuw9OOe.jpg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirov-class_battlecruiser

• Cool 2

[EGI]
[EGI]
Beta Testers
1,243 posts
32,233 battles

A T8 premium .... so the Sverdlov's are proposed to be roughly equal in power to the New Orleans, Mogami and Hipper classes?  When the lead ships were commissioned in 1934 1935 1939 and 1952 ???  I know the reply will be that the initial design work was done before the war but that is irrelevant given that they were not built according to that original design.  The 68bis class ships don't come from the same era AT ALL as the other T8 ships.   I guess this is the latest in a long line of FOTM over powered Russian platforms?  

• Cool 4

Beta Testers
11,668 posts

Yes they did.  With the exact muzzle velocity numbers on Navweaps.  Note, AP shells are faster than the Mogami 155mms, and are only 10 mps short of the Koenigburg's 150mms, which are currently the fastest shells in the game.

Alpha Tester
2,716 posts
4,076 battles

I'll probably pick it up if it ever makes it to the NA shop.... Which will be some time around July 2018 if past wait times for NA to get something are any indication. :trollface:

Fixed it for you

Beta Testers
11,668 posts

A T8 premium .... so the Sverdlov's are proposed to be roughly equal in power to the New Orleans, Mogami and Hipper classes?  When the lead ships were commissioned in 1934 1935 1939 and 1952 ???  I know the reply will be that the initial design work was done before the war but that is irrelevant given that they were not built according to that original design.  The 68bis class ships don't come from the same era AT ALL as the other T8 ships.   I guess this is the latest in a long line of FOTM over powered Russian platforms?  

I was hoping they would introduce the Neustrashimy class for Tier X destroyer.  A real destroyer, laid the basis for the post war Kotlin class of the VMF and the Luda class of the PLAN.  Has a new longer caliber 130mm/57 that shoots shells with significantly higher velocity than the 130mms on the current Tier 10 Soviet DD right now, and with a higher RoF to boot (15 to 13 rounds a minute).  It only has 4 guns in two DP turrets though, with 10 torpedo tubes..

Disappointed they didn't introduce this potentially overpowered platform.  It would have been the T-54/Type 59 of the destroyers, and in spirit, this destroyer was exactly that.

• Cool 1

[WOO]
Members
402 posts
9,180 battles

Because WG apparently has a history of double-standards regarding the era of Soviet vehicles vs those of other nations they are matched with at the same tier. :trollface:

Let's just hope the tier X isn't this beast...

Vuw9OOe.jpg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirov-class_battlecruiser

I would sail her and become king of the ocean.... muhahahahahaha!:trollface:  She has the firepower of 10 yam's at a minimum!

[EGI]
[EGI]
Beta Testers
1,243 posts
32,233 battles

I would sail her and become king of the ocean.... muhahahahahaha!:trollface:  She has the firepower of 10 yam's at a minimum!

I wonder if they would include the realism of having the Project 1144's engines be as fragile as those currently in game in Konigsberg?  Just for historical accuracy of course :trollface:

[WOO]
Members
402 posts
9,180 battles

I wonder if they would include the realism of having the Project 1144's engines be as fragile as those currently in game in Konigsberg?  Just for historical accuracy of course :trollface:

With the range of the Kirov Class BC.... Dead engines means nothing when you can fire over continents..... :B... Wonder if getting hit broadside would be like a nuke going off? :hiding:
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this