You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Compassghost

Torpedo Alley has shown its Final Form, and I WASDed my way around it.

27 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
2,440 posts
8,653 battles

And without popping boost for the acceleration/deceleration boost. Torps into your smoke is one of the scariest things you can see in a Ruskie DD.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,645 battles

oh god... the professional mariner in me cringes SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard at that. If you tried to do that, all you would do is drop your own anchor, and before it hit the ocean floor, the weight of the chain would just rip the thing straight out of the ship, and if you did it in shallow water, you'd either drag it along, or more likely, rip the chain out of the ship and destroy the foc'sle and kill anyone up there...

/cringe

Edited by Captain_Dorja
  • Cool 2

Members
2,680 posts
7,993 battles

oh god... the professional mariner in me cringes SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard at that. If you tried to do that, all you would do is drop your own anchor, and before it hit the ocean floor, the weight of the chain would just rip the thing straight out of the ship, and if you did it in shallow water, you'd either drag it along, or more likely, rip the chain out of the ship and destroy the foc'sle and kill anyone up there...

/cringe

We dun need ur logic here

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,645 battles

We dun need ur logic here

Just comes with the territory. I don't know what trade you might have a lot of knowledge in, but I'm sure you have your moments of movie cringes too. We all have em.
  • Cool 1

[-K--]
Members
3,075 posts
6,658 battles

Just comes with the territory. I don't know what trade you might have a lot of knowledge in, but I'm sure you have your moments of movie cringes too. We all have em.

I like yours. Mine is action films, because explosions do not have fireballs, bullets do not spark, and magazines have finite capacity.
  • Cool 1

[IKEA]
Members
139 posts
3,208 battles

I have to give more credit to the DDs that have to put up with this when they smoke the cap.

Members
4,886 posts

it looks like a touhou game :3

danmaku pew pew

p.s. though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...

psalm 23:4

p.p.s. i didn't really get what kiev secondaries did shoot

Edited by bad_arcade_kitty

Beta Testers
787 posts
1,476 battles

d8pB6hl_zpsrub75ztp.jpg

Ninja level of agility on battleships is the only and best agility a battleship can have!

[KTKM]
Beta Testers
4,633 posts
4,076 battles

it looks like a touhou game :3

danmaku pew pew

p.s. though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...

psalm 23:4

p.p.s. i didn't really get what kiev secondaries did shoot

It looks like the lone pea shooter shot at one of the destroyers. I don't really get why Kiev has secondaries, I find it pretty hilarious though.

Members
4,886 posts

It looks like the lone pea shooter shot at one of the destroyers. I don't really get why Kiev has secondaries, I find it pretty hilarious though.

umikaze stock hull has secondaries

5 x 76 mm guns, equal to tachibana's main battery

p.s. also i wonder if he had the acceleration module instead of the rudder shift speed one

Edited by bad_arcade_kitty

[KMS2]
Members
10,919 posts
4,863 battles

I can't watch Avatar without thinking of how dumb the helicopter in that is.

Beta Testers
56 posts
9,187 battles

Proof that Iowa has a ROF of 400 rounds per minute

WG iowa too OP plz nerf naow dlhohgdohsozhsohfzo!!

lol

Edited by AdellaYukikaze

Members
301 posts

/cringe

Got to love the projectile being rammed into the breech..........without the rammer! And nine guns being loaded with a whole 8 guys on the damn thing...lol

So much of that movie just pissed me off.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

/cringe

WW2 Era ships actually did this successfully, though.

The Japanese called it "emergency combat maneuvering". The seaplane tender Akitsushima is one example, PotC was inspired by her exploits.

[OLDSK]
Beta Testers
431 posts
10,675 battles

So, is that going into the next patch?  Battleship 'E-brake Turn' consumable?

Please cite the source for this, 'emergency combat maneuvering' as it seems interesting if not for the tiny problem that no ship ever built with an anchor system could do so without massive damage when making more than 10 knots of headway.  Granted the ship in question is only 4600 tons, but emergency maneuvering is the capability of reversing propeller rotation in a very short time-frame and is more complicated than simply moving a gearshift from drive to reverse.  Sorry, spend a few years at sea and you get all grouchy....

[KTKM]
Beta Testers
4,633 posts
4,076 battles

So, is that going into the next patch?  Battleship 'E-brake Turn' consumable?

Please cite the source for this, 'emergency combat maneuvering' as it seems interesting if not for the tiny problem that no ship ever built with an anchor system could do so without massive damage when making more than 10 knots of headway.  Granted the ship in question is only 4600 tons, but emergency maneuvering is the capability of reversing propeller rotation in a very short time-frame and is more complicated than simply moving a gearshift from drive to reverse.  Sorry, spend a few years at sea and you get all grouchy....

It's from a Japanese biography book called ライオン艦長黛治夫 (The lion captain Haruo Mayuzumi) by 生出寿 (Oide, Hisashi), page 43 to 47. 

Doubt you'd find a translation of it though, the German/Japanese side of the war isn't typically well researched and studied mostly because they lost.

A lot of information is kept in the native tongue due to lack of interest.

Source: Last paragraph of her Japanese wikipedia page's structure section.

The maneuvre probably didn't snap her hull in half like a twig because she only displaces at around 4,600 tonnes.