You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sinboto

Why is it I never see the T8 RU DD in ranked?

17 comments in this topic

[SVER]
Beta Testers
3,810 posts
10,030 battles

Is the T8 bad? I never see her in my ranked matches, always the T7, is this another cleveland to pepsicola deal?

Members
1,245 posts
5 battles

Maybe not many have her yet.. I hear many on forums say Kiev is so good (even OP) while Tash is just average, so..!

Members
3,243 posts
1,579 battles

Kiev is still destroyer sized, and is maneuverable enough to get the job done.  Tashkent is the second largest destroyer in the game (second to the tier 10 Russian DD), and handles like a small cruiser rather than a DD.  It's a huge target by comparison, so hitting it is much easier especially when it's turning radius and rudder shift are worse.

Edit:  Best comparison between the two is to look at the turret size in respect to the rest of the ship as they both use the same turret.

Edited by Sirus_Patton

Members
4,886 posts

if you check streams you will see a fair share of them

their torps seem more useful for the cap wars than kievs', but their turn radius hurts them too

Kiev is still destroyer sized, and is maneuverable enough to get the job done.  Tashkent is the second largest destroyer in the game (second to the tier 10 Russian DD), and handles like a small cruiser rather than a DD.  It's a huge target by comparison, so hitting it is much easier especially when it's turning radius and rudder shift are worse.

her rudder shift is worse but not that much, with the top hull and the rudder speed upgrade it's 4.9, only slightly worse than gnevny's 4.4

ognevoi and kiev have 3.8 though with the top hull and the rudder upgrade

also tash has a better concealment since she can (and should) have the concealment upgrade and significantly more health than kiev

Edited by bad_arcade_kitty

Members
1,699 posts
9,031 battles

How does the Benson handle in ranked? I'm about 20k xp from getting it

Benson  handle it well in Rank battle..when it comes to close range fight against a Kiev..Benson always dominate..

there is this guy that i always see hes using a benson..hes name starting at Dru.. something?  and hes really good he always get a 3 kills.

Members
2,632 posts
10,276 battles

A good Benson is a monster in ranked. I say this not as a DD captain (my top DD is Mahan), but as a Tirpitz driver that's frequently facing off against Bensons.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

Mahan/Benson seem to be nice DD.  I am tempted to  start US DD back up again  from tier 6.     Hatsuharu is really been underwhelming for me.    Ognevoi is rocking now though and looking forward to kiev.. 

Members
121 posts
3,380 battles

Benson  handle it well in Rank battle..when it comes to close range fight against a Kiev..Benson always dominate..

there is this guy that i always see hes using a benson..hes name starting at Dru.. something?  and hes really good he always get a 3 kills.

Kiev will alway out DPS a Benson . Kiev also has better HE and flatter shooting guns and twice the amount of them, The benson has the advantage in his detection range . For example if both destroyers rush to the Cap at the same time at the start of the match the benson will always spot the Kiev first, allowing it to always get the first shots off . But if both destroyers are spotted the Kiev will always dominate . 

Members
26 posts
4,783 battles

Kiev will alway out DPS a Benson . Kiev also has better HE and flatter shooting guns and twice the amount of them, The benson has the advantage in his detection range . For example if both destroyers rush to the Cap at the same time at the start of the match the benson will always spot the Kiev first, allowing it to always get the first shots off . But if both destroyers are spotted the Kiev will always dominate . 

hehe this is so not true. I have torn-up many Kiev's in ranks in my Benson. Tell me your just kidding, right?

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,021 posts
4,739 battles

Only from ranges above 6km. Anything below 6km is a win for the Benson.

The trick with the Benson is getting the concealment down to 5.8 km. Sneak up on a Kiev and open at knife range always seems to work.

I usually like to try and open up with a salvo right on the main batteries to see if i get lucky in knocking one or two out. 

Members
121 posts
3,380 battles

hehe this is so not true. I have torn-up many Kiev's in ranks in my Benson. Tell me your just kidding, right?

lol you have no idea what fantasy world you're living in dude the Kiev has more HP and more DPS  it will alway win a straight up brawl with the Benson with equally skilled captains. Because you killed a Kiev in your benson does not mean anything . I killed plenty of Bensons in my SIMS does that mean that the SIMs is better then a benson , no it doesn't .

Edited by chrismm31

Beta Testers
447 posts
6,131 battles

Is the T8 bad? I never see her in my ranked matches, always the T7, is this another cleveland to pepsicola deal?

I am using the Tashkent with considerable success.  I chose it over the Kiev for its triple 8k torps.  My detection is 7.4 so there's a bit of a stealth torp window, its tricky, but doable.  It gives me an extra weapon and tactic in my toolbox.  Although I use AFT for randoms, I found Last Stand to be more useful in closing in and pushing other DDs off caps in Ranked.

I think most people stick with the Kiev because its what they know and that's reasonable.

Members
5,165 posts
60 battles

In my Tier V - VI ranked battles, I feel like a champ with my Oggy in most of my today's matches (except one match that I totally screwed up my entire team with my Oggy sunk while nearly winning xP ). My boy Oggy took quite some beatings to the last like a champ, even from BB APs.

Kiev should be doing great in ranked. For Tash, I think it's a bit more doable than Kiev when upgraded with 8.0 km torps.

[5IN]
Members
1,371 posts
33,735 battles

Its good, noticable improvement over mahan but it needs level 4 for captain last stand and level 3 extra smoke. Needs conceal module too or you will always be spotted first and take first hits. IT killed me without that one. Almost forgot hull for the HP for sure, that's a big deal if you can have an extra brawl in you and the boss torp for a lucky one shot on other DD or 2 torps and wreck a CC.

Until you have those three for sure you'll likely just hurt ur team.

It really needs the full upgrade scheme. The fubuki by comparison just needs the long torps and you can manage better by not having to get that close where those other things will save your [edited].

[5IN]
Members
1,371 posts
33,735 battles

I had 2 in same match of fire map. They wrecked me.

From what I hear they just arent better than kiev. As a pair they are devastating. Alone not a big deal.