You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yanyatcheng1

Any 2010+ post world war 3 RP?

12 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
5,719 posts
764 battles

It'll be difficult with all the modern tech and that, things will get VERY, VERY sophisticated, are you sure you want to continue?

If you do not think you have the patience, diligence and time to spend on the game, I would suggest we take a step back and look around first to see if similar games are happening.

Members
3,071 posts
6,734 battles

It'll be difficult with all the modern tech and that, things will get VERY, VERY sophisticated, are you sure you want to continue?

If you do not think you have the patience, diligence and time to spend on the game, I would suggest we take a step back and look around first to see if similar games are happening.

i haven't looked at how the modern RPs on this forum have gone, by what would make it any more sophisticated than WWII RPs? 

naval LARPs are pretty simple i don't imagine text based RPs are much harder lol.

Members
3,071 posts
6,734 battles

Well, considering that we'll be doing a lot of modern tech stuff, very detailed modern tech stuff...

how much detail exactly is needed? you launch missile, does missile hit? 

does the target launch chaff or decoy rockets? do they engage with CWIS/goal keeper (or other similar system)? etc.

it really wouldn't be much more detailed than a WW2 RP...

0 posts

While a modern War Roleplay Would be a degree more complex than WW2 Roleplays, but it is easily doable if given the effort. 

Edited by Fog_Battleship_Roma

Members
3,071 posts
6,734 battles

like i said earlier maybe you guys go way more into forum based RPing than what i did back in jr. high and early high school, but if not, then i'm not really sure how or why you think it would be more complex...

Alpha Tester
5,719 posts
764 battles

Let's say the USA has 100 Abrams Tanks, we need to find out what the capabilities are and what it's capable of in a lot of areas

Then say the USA develops a new tank to replace the Abrams, we then need to find out what the capabilities are and remember next time and simulate likely results with New Tank vs Abrams then New Tank vs rest of world's tanks & other weapons trying to stay within realism as possible, then we have to find out if the USA has the economy to do all this.

Then times that by X amount of players

AND this is just for a single ground vehicle of a single player

Members
3,071 posts
6,734 battles

Let's say the USA has 100 Abrams Tanks, we need to find out what the capabilities are and what it's capable of in a lot of areas

Then say the USA develops a new tank to replace the Abrams, we then need to find out what the capabilities are and remember next time and simulate likely results with New Tank vs Abrams then New Tank vs rest of world's tanks & other weapons trying to stay within realism as possible, then we have to find out if the USA has the economy to do all this.

Then times that by X amount of players

AND this is just for a single ground vehicle of a single player

have you heard of google? are you planning to know the exact specs of every damn thing?

but i guess i interpreted this as a WWIII naval RP

Alpha Tester
5,719 posts
764 battles

It would help to know a lot, and post WWII there's a loooooooooooooooooooot of things

I dunno actually, let's give it a shot anyway?