You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LittleWhiteMouse

Mouse's Quick Summary of Premium Ships

294 comments in this topic

[-MO]
Beta Testers
1,896 posts
10,414 battles

LWM, awesome work with no disagreements

Warspite is by far my favorite Tier VI BB so far

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,219 posts
3,913 battles

As quirky as premium ships come, the Yubari can be very rewarding or exceedingly frustrating to play.

Extremely rewarding! +1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,075 posts
25,710 battles

Very informative,  I can base your reviews/discriptions on the ships I've played and can say I 100% agree with you on those I am familiar with. 

I own triple threat, Murmansk,  albani, fubuki, Arkansas and Aurora. 

Unfortunately for some you are correct.

I wish I hadn't purchased Sims nor Yubari.  Both are very unforgiving ships.

Looking forward to freeing up some cash for those I was on the fence or unsure of, just based upon your views.

Thanks my friend.

Edited by dEsTurbed1

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,008 posts
5,814 battles

+1 very informative.

May I suggest a small addition to Fujin as an interesting quirk. Fujin is actually a Kamikaze class destroyer in disguise.

All WG did was to switch the kanji in her name around from 神風 ('God Wind' aka Kamikaze) to 風神('Wind God' aka Fujin), and give her an orange Halloween paint job.

[MAUS]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
12,970 posts
11,790 battles

Will do, Super_Dreadnought.  I'll put the QE class for Warspite too.  It will become more relevant later (we can hope).

• Cool 1

[KIA-C]
Members
2,360 posts
15,995 battles

+1

My two cents on the Diana, as I'm one of the few with one and play it frequently:

The diana does well at range but is somewhat squishy up close and takes damage easily.  Should be played in such a way to take advantage of that range similar to Aurora.  Arc is cleveland bad or worse.  Not horribly good with AP, so you're best sticking to HE, unlike Albany.  With AFT you can potentially hit out to 13.6km but the rounds go to space and back (12 seconds). 

Alpha Tester
366 posts
252 battles

I will add my thoughts for the Iwaki Alpha, Mouse. It is a fun, upgraded Tenryu-class cruiser that has a personality disorder: It thinks it is a destroyer. With a fastish speed of about 35, she can move around pretty quickly. Guns are alright, though don't count on them to go toe to toe with equal or higher tier cruisers. Where she shines is the fact she has a smokescreen generator and 10km torpedoes. Since the Minekaze lost her 10km torps, this gives the Iwaki an awesome advantage that can wreck battleships and cruisers who do not know your range. All in all, a pretty good, fun cruiser to have in your port if you were an Alpha Tester.

[MAUS]
12,970 posts
11,790 battles

Blysk is a tier 7 now and you missed the Bismarck, which has also never been available on NA.

To my knowledge, the Bismarck isn't available to any players yet and has been limited to Supertesting at this stage.  I'll only be including ships that are in player hands.

Thank you for catching the tier disparity on the Blyskawica. 

Edited by LittleWhiteMouse
  • Cool 1

[KIA-T]
Beta Testers
1,857 posts
6,442 battles

Very nice summary.  I am still hoping the Sims (and USN DD's in general) will get some love for their gun arc.... It is just terribad right now.  Was just a fun ship back in CBT.

0 posts

Very good Post LittleMaus! You did very well on making a quick, and easy to read thread detailing all that is needed :3....

0 posts

Good job!

PS: What's your secret to oodles of upvotes? 

Making long, detailed, and highly informative posts tends to rake in the up-votes, being up-beat and positive tends to help as well sometimes. 
  • Cool 1

[MAUS]
12,970 posts
11,790 battles

Good job!

PS: What's your secret to oodles of upvotes? 

Honestly?  Humility.  Reminding myself of how much I don't understand and hitting "cancel" instead of "post" more often than not knowing that my opinion probably adds nothing.

I mean, it's one of the most wonderful things about this medium is that I can appear to only open my mouth when I have some little tidbit of sagacity to share and not the other 99% of the time when my brain is twirled up mess.

65x5p2.gif

Wheeeeeeee...!

I spend way too much time in a day doing exactly this in my computer chair.

I actually came down on myself the other day for not having posted anything constructive in a while.  Bulgebuster asked me in one of my threads if I could index my guides and that prompted me to take a look at what I had written and what I hadn't written but had planned to.  This was the first article that I knew I had to get done to get back on track.  I now have the next few articles planned out and I hope they'll be well received but they don't have to be.

My inspiration for writing guides, tutorials, reviews and the like comes from the help I received back on the World of Tanks forums back when I was a newbie and about to quit in frustration.  The efforts of players like Lert and Tazilon were very influential on me. Since I've gathered enough crustiness to be considered a semi-veteran,  I've been trying to return the favour to other new players.  My hope is that if this helps one or two players overcome frustration and fan their love of the game, then mission accomplished.

And that's really how I base what to write about.  I look for things that would have frustrated me as a new player and try and spread some wisdom, wit and sometimes a little humour about the whole thing.

Now if you'll excuse me, this chair won't spin itself.

Edited by LittleWhiteMouse
  • Cool 5

[MAUS]
12,970 posts
11,790 battles

WIth the coming patch (nov 19), Ishizuchi will be available through doubloons. 

I'm aware.  I've been debating about adding up and coming promotional sales onto the list, but I decided against it based solely on the work load it would take to keep on top of every little rumour.  I need my own little network of informants and spies before I could make this a reality.  As sales and promotions are presently available, they will be included in the list.  So expect an edit on the 19th!
  • Cool 1

[MAUS]
12,970 posts
11,790 battles

Someone got rank 1 in Rank Battles?

It was made available across the board.  I don't believe anyone on the NA server managed to get a Kitakami (queue times for Ranked Battles were abysmal over here).  Still, it's a ship that's being made available through at least one source.  I won't be surprised if we see it reappear in odd ways in the future.

[KIA-C]
Members
2,360 posts
15,995 battles

It was made available across the board.  I don't believe anyone on the NA server managed to get a Kitakami (queue times for Ranked Battles were abysmal over here).  Still, it's a ship that's being made available through at least one source.  I won't be surprised if we see it reappear in odd ways in the future.

I heard that 9 folks on NA did get rank 1.  I had the rare (mis?)fortune of facing a kitakami division the other day on NA.

[MAUS]
12,970 posts
11,790 battles

I heard that 9 folks on NA did get rank 1.  I had the rare (mis?)fortune of facing a kitakami division the other day on NA.

Ah, see?  There we go.  :)