Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
The_GoDDfather

Separate Servers Should Be Coded To Each Forum

26 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
4,982 posts
6,249 battles

Bit extreme, but...

Our forums are not heard, all other servers have far more influence on our game than we do. 

The ships are buffed and such on the basis of other servers.

I don't care if they have to nerf and buff ships by the server just to them work. AKA Different worlds of WoWS.

It may be extreme, but it is possible to make variations of WoWS. One version for NA, one for EU, one for RU, etc...

Make each server tailor made to that specific audience. If they do this, they will gain numbers in all regions. Best part is that people will eventually go to the best variant, and then they can make an international version.

Weird idea, just came to mind... Discuss I guess?

• Cool 1

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

Our forums are not heard. I don't care if they have to nerf and buff ships by the server just to make them work. AKA Different worlds of WoWS.

It may be extreme, but it is possible to make variations of WoWS. One version for NA, one for EU, one for RU, etc...

Make each server tailor made to that specific audience. If they do this, they will gain numbers in all regions. Best part is that people will eventually go to the best variant, and then they can make an international version.

I can only imagine the amount of extra work this would involve. 

Beta Testers
4,982 posts
6,249 battles

I would think not, as all the servers are already seperate. Hence why some servers have ships we don't.

You would just have to make each server an independent entity. Have each server be coded the way the forums want.

[OJITT]
Beta Testers
521 posts
3,221 battles

Not gonna happen.  To much effort.

It's a exaggeration to say they only make buff/nerf decisions based on the complaints of regional forums and I absolutely do not want to see flavor of the month buffs.

[-K-]
Members, Beta Testers
3,105 posts
10,282 battles

I would think not, as all the servers are already seperate. Hence why some servers have ships we don't.

You would just have to make each server an independent entity. Have each server be coded the way the forums want.

We barely have a marketing or customer service team, do you really think we're going to get our own separate development team just for WoWS NA?

[RRC]
Beta Testers
838 posts
22,935 battles

The only server population they truly care about keeping happy is the Russian server since that is where the bulk of their money comes from. Unless that changes, they will cater mostly to the Russian server population for the foreseeable future.

[SALVO]
Members
28,053 posts
41,635 battles

Bit extreme, but...

Our forums are not heard, all other servers have far more influence on our game than we do. 
The ships are buffed and such on the basis of other servers.
I don't care if they have to nerf and buff ships by the server just to them work. AKA Different worlds of WoWS.

This is a completely unrealistic idea.  I just can't imagine any sane software company trying to continuously develop and maintain multiple versions of the same program in this way.  It seems like total insanity to me.

Beta Testers
4,982 posts
6,249 battles

The only server population they truly care about keeping happy is the Russian server since that is where the bulk of their money comes from. Unless that changes, they will cater mostly to the Russian server population for the foreseeable future.

Yet if they do this, they will continue to have their vodka cow.

The main devs could give less than two sh*ts about us, let the NA and EU get micro devs to cater to us.

[RRC]
Beta Testers
838 posts
22,935 battles

Yet if they do this, they will continue to have their vodka cow.

The main devs could give less than two sh*ts about us, let the NA and EU get micro devs to cater to us.

That would eat into their profits and companies, even companies in Russia and Belarus, only really care about the bottom line. Why would they want to spend double or triple the cost?

Beta Testers
4,982 posts
6,249 battles

That would eat into their profits and companies, even companies in Russia and Belarus, only really care about the bottom line. Why would they want to spend double or triple the cost?

You can't earn a profit without an audience.

Of course some 70-80% of their profits come from RU, so...

Screw us I guess :(

Or they could invest in this idea, get a population, and get even more profits.

[CRNGE]
Banned
3,786 posts
3,406 battles

You can't earn a profit without an audience.

Of course some 70-80% of their profits come from RU, so...

Screw us I guess :(

per capita, Americans spend a lot more on the game than the Russians do

Beta Testers
4,982 posts
6,249 battles

Yeah, even more reason to invest in this idea.

The pros out number the cons  on this one.

[RRC]
Beta Testers
838 posts
22,935 battles

True but the insane number of players there makes that a moot point. We are not even a drop in the bucket in terms of the total amount of money they make from just that one server cluster alone.

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

I guess I always imagined WGNA just pushed play on whatever was sent down from Russia. Does WG do any software development outside of Russia/Belarus.

Beta Testers
4,982 posts
6,249 battles

I guess I always imagined WGNA just pushed play on whatever was sent down from Russia. Does WG do any software development outside of Russia/Belarus.

They basically do, they just wait for patches to come in an download them in.

We have CMs that are supposed to be listening to us, but we're ignored (all of us, not the forumers only).

What good are CMs that can't get changes done due to our relative size.

I'd think we have a few. Maybe.

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

Other servers are catered to more because of larger populations. It looks like NA gets the shaft because our playstyle is no where near as aggressive as EU/RU and the game is being balanced based on worldwide statistics.

[RRC]
Beta Testers
838 posts
22,935 battles

Ever see one of their videos with developer interviews where they didn't have to translate what was being said in Russian?

Beta Testers
4,982 posts
6,249 battles

Ever see one of their videos with developer interviews where they didn't have to translate what was being said in Russian?

No, but that doesn't mean we don't have devs.

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

Other servers are catered to more because of larger populations. It looks like NA gets the shaft because our playstyle is no where near as aggressive as EU/RU and the game is being balanced based on worldwide statistics.

combine SEA and NA...

Members
1,245 posts
5 battles

More likely, the extra amount of money that WG will have to pay for the new employees.. I doubt it will happen.

So far, only Chinese server is independent, because of partnership with WG.

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

combine SEA and NA...

Why would you do that?  SEA isn't even ran by WG.

edit: see below post

Edited by Macabe

Beta Testers
1,031 posts
684 battles

Balancing ships for each server is completely unrealistic. Obviously the OP is not a software engineer. It would be a complete waste of resources. The effort involved would cost WG far more than it would worth. 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this