EdeIweisse

[MOD] Kriegsmarine Mods & Skins - Graf Spee & Hans Lody Added

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

278 posts in this topic

What does 4k res mean?

Whoops, I don't want to cause misunderstandings. What I mean is the screenshot is just in 4k. It's just a high definition screenshot that I thought looked pretty.

Whoops, I don't want to cause misunderstandings. What I mean is the screenshot is just in 4k. It's just a high definition screenshot that I thought looked pretty.

Oh... so I guess re-downloading the skin was unnecessary then? :rolleyes:

P4B1Col.jpg

Based on a Type 23 torpedo boat. I felt the appearance is close enough. Just uploading a 4k screenshot here since the download links are in pretty low res. 

Oh... so I guess re-downloading the skin was unnecessary then? :rolleyes:

As mentioned previously I've been making some updates but I have yet to upload it. 

Flags Updated

Greif Added:

- For the Tier IV V-170. Based on Greif which was a type 23 torpedo boat that shares similarities with V-170.

- Includes a swastika on the forecastle

Edited by EdeIweisse

Lovely!

Not sure if this is intentional or not, but the T-24 download doesn't work.

Whoops forgot to upload it. I'll sort it out.

Hey Edelweisse, you wanted me to keep you updated if I found anything interesting in my new books....

qTVXz9j.png

Looks like according to RAF reconnaissance, while wearing this camo scheme, she had red turret tops on all 15" and 5.9" turrets save for Bruno. (At least they were Red during the exercises undertaken on June 16/17... many have debated weather or not Tirpitz ever had red 15" turret tops but this is the first source I've come across that also has the 5.9" turret tops as being red as well. I myself originally doubted that she ever had red turret tops until reading these books) It also mentions that some colors were copied from the Royal navy (apparently this scheme was supposed to make her look like a Royal Navy Battleship... with a little bit of imagination and maybe some squinting the port side does look sort of like an R-class the way it's painted.) and so some of the splinters on the port side are actually a light drab-olive color (a popular color among Royal Navy camo schemes) rather than the light grey that they were previously thought to have been.

Edited by dseehafer

Hey Edelweisse, you wanted me to keep you updated if I found anything interesting in my new books....

Looks like according to RAF reconnaissance, while wearing this camo scheme, she had red turret tops on all 15" and 5.9" turrets save for Bruno. (At least they were Red during the exercises undertaken on June 16/17... many have debated weather or not Tirpitz ever had red 15" turret tops but this is the first source I've come across that also has the 5.9" turret tops as being red as well. I myself originally doubted that she ever had red turret tops until reading these books) It also mentions that some colors were copied from the Royal navy (apparently this scheme was supposed to make her look like a Royal Navy Battleship... with a little bit of imagination and maybe some squinting the port side does look sort of like an R-class the way it's painted.) and so some of the splinters on the port side are actually a light drab-olive color (a popular color among Royal Navy camo schemes) rather than the light grey that they were previously thought to have been.

Looks interesting. I'll likely mkae a version of it. 

Looks interesting. I'll likely mkae a version of it. 

Shouldn't be too hard to make using your existing Rosselsprung time-frame skin as a template, just some minor differences here and there. The more skins the merrier! Only wish that WG would make all turret textures separate so that you wouldn't be forced to make all turret tops red (or not at all)... would also help for a few of your other skins. Anyways I'll keep you posted if I find anything else of interest.

Question: Would you prefer me to PM you any further notes of interest so as not to clutter up your thread.. or do you want them here for others to see as well? It's you call.

Edited by dseehafer

Shouldn't be too hard to make using your existing Rosselsprung time-frame skin as a template, just some minor differences here and there. The more skins the merrier! Only wish that WG would make all turret textures separate so that you wouldn't be forced to make all turret tops red (or not at all)... would also help for a few of your other skins. Anyways I'll keep you posted if I find anything else of interest.

Question: Would you prefer me to PM you any further notes of interest so as not to clutter up your thread.. or do you want them here for others to see as well? It's you call.

I'm cool with whatever. 

Oh and before I forget; If you ever come across a good picture of a kriegsmarine emergency/aid kit, let me know. 

Flag Update:

- Replaced Christmas flag with Kriegsmarine Admiral flag. 

Tirpitz July Update:

Corrected color of gun barrels on primary battery turrets.

- Fixed camouflage error on the starboard side 

- Fixed several areas that weren't textured correctly

- 105mm guns are now in black

Improved the appearance of light AAA

- Updated specularity map

- Darkened the appearance of the steel decks to bring it inline with the other German ships

- Covers for the portholes and viewing apparatus are no longer painted. 

- The anti-fouling paint has been cleaned up a little and the red has been adjusted

- Emergency aid kits have been given a German appearance (delete CM029_Emergency_Box_a in the common folder if you don't want it on your non German ships)

- Color of the fenders have been adjusted

- Several misc items have been textured (This will apply to all ships that use these misc items) 

- It really is quite a handsome ship right now

- Fixed the door handle for the door to my bathroom (tape was used)

For Your Information Update:

Sorry about the delay on the Graf Smee. I've just been distracted with other things (mainly tirpitz) and I'm a little low in the motivation department.

- Sorry for the lack of German destroyer skins even after saying I was going to do a whole bunch and several fellow skinners so kindly directed your attention to me.

I just don't have the cash to blitz through the tree to aquire them. I'm not a great world of warships player so it'll take a while for me to grind for them and I have very little 

experience with DDs. You may be saying, "Why in God's name do you need to buy them you cretin, just make the skin for me and look at it in the port. Chop chop get skinning!"

Yeah I could do that but I wouldn't get to enjoy the damn thing. Also with all my skins I truly care about the level of detail of all my skins. Often I will find details that could be improved

only in match environments; the LOD details are different in a match and the lighting varies a lot between map. I'm sure this doesn't actually bother many people since literally

no one has approached me about it but it's still important to keep the people updated. 

- If you can speak, read and understand Japanese, you're not an obnoxious weeb and have an appreciation for Japanese military culture and history; then we should totally be friends. Send me a PM.

E1GgULg.jpg

Edited by EdeIweisse

Scharnhorst 1943 Update:

- Repacked to fix load error

Improved the appearance of light AAA

- Emergency aid kits have been given a German appearance (delete CM029_Emergency_Box_a in the common folder if you don't want it on your non German ships)

- Color of the fenders have been adjusted

- Several misc items have been textured (This will apply to all ships that use these misc items) 

Waiting for GRAF SPEE but it will be hand since 11'turrent share with Scharnhorst and I love your work :)

As far as I'm aware Spee does not use the same turret textures as Scharnhorst.

As far as I'm aware Spee does not use the same turret textures as Scharnhorst.

It does. 

It does. 

So the Scharnhorst and Gneisenau plaques have their own textures? Interesting.

Is there a way I can get the Prinz Eugen skins on my Admiral Hipper?

Is there a way I can get the Prinz Eugen skins on my Admiral Hipper?

Unfortunately there's no way for the Prinz Eugen template to work with the Admiral Hipper. Admiral hipper uses two files for the hull and the upper superstructure; Prinz Eugen uses just one file for the entire thing. 

Any projects in the pipe?

Any projects in the pipe?

I'm taking a bit of a break from World of Warships I'm afraid. That condottierri class has me interested though. We'll see what the future brings. 

I'm taking a bit of a break from World of Warships I'm afraid. That condottierri class has me interested though. We'll see what the future brings. 

Burnt-out I presume? Edited by dseehafer

Burnt-out I presume?

Not really. Just got a few new games so I've been playing those in my down time. Also I wanted to try making a skin for World of Tanks. 

OrGTEyf.jpg

.... Didntt know you could make skins for WOT. Then again I havnt actively played in about 2 years...