EdeIweisse

[MOD] Kriegsmarine Mods & Skins - Graf Spee & Hans Lody Added

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

276 posts in this topic

2TgTczK.jpg

PLEASE NOTE, consider all my skins to be complete reskins. Downloads include textures for aircraft, secondary guns, anti air guns, range finders, directors and misc files. The included files are usually only appropriate for the associated skin. Keep this in mind before overwriting files.  

Deutsches Schlachtschiff Tirpitz 

September 1942 - July 1943: Bogen at Narvik, Fættenfjord at Trondheim, and Kåfjord at Alta, Norway

zB1GHhU.jpg

July 1944 - November 1944: Kåfjord at Alta, and off Håkøy at Tromsø, Norway

6avp8bu.jpg

July 1943 - July 1944: Kåfjord at Alta, Norway

WiXCCbq.jpg

Deutsches Schlachtschiff Scharnhorst

February 1942: Brest, Operation Cerberus 

VdNyWaI.jpg

Deutsches Schlachtschiff Scharnhorst

September 1943: Battle of the North Cape

Y5a9tDR.png

Deutscher Kreuzer Prinz Eugen

Spring 1941: Baltic

Ku7Kzca.png

12 February 1942: Brest, Operation Cerberus

gkt2VMr.jpg

22 February 1942: Atlantic

GD6y8mS.png

15 October 1944: Baltic

TMXdOXg.png

Deutscher Kreuzer Hipper

July 1942

9LtZC1U.jpg

Includes Operation Zarin Variant

Deutscher Panzerschiff Admiral Graf Spee

November - December 1939

Spoiler

rv6NTZz.png

Edited by EdeIweisse

Deutscher Kreuzer Nürnberg

1942 - 1943, Norway

g0XMuVW.png

Deutscher Kreuzer Nürnberg

Baltic Stripe Camouflage, Autumn 1941

VzBoh3D.jpg

Deutscher Kreuzer Köln

April 1941: Gotenhafen

AnLmjxj.jpg

Deutscher Kreuzer Köln

Summer 1942: Norway

2hokMhS.jpg

Deutsches Flottentorpedoboot Greif

1942: Atlantic

jr18cFr.jpg

Deutsches Flottentorpedoboot T24

1943: Baltic

nEgpP2m.jpg

Deutscher Zerstörer Theodor Riedel

1944: Norway

vWNsvel.png

Deutscher Zerstörer Hans Lody

1942: Norway

Spoiler

Lrl2sID.png

Deutscher Kreuzer Niobe 

November 1943: Mediterranean 

aa8dYBH.jpg

Camouflaged Reward Crate Ship

A fairly generic German camouflage pattern for the Reward Crate Ship. Loosely based on a German Minelayer with similar appearance. 

4heSjRD.png

HD Flags & Signal Flag Removal

Adds High Resolution textures for most nations. Kriegsmarine flag made specifically for my skins. Replaced beta tester flag with Japanese Admiral Ensign (as seen in World of Warships first trailers) and made all signal flags invisible. Austro-Hungarian battle ensign replaces Wargaming anniversary flag.

AAtXgog.png

No Tracer Smoke Mod

Removes the tracer smoke trails from all guns. The tracers themselves have not been modified.

ysi3Ap5.jpg

Installation 

Extract the 0.6.x.x folder inside the .7z archive into your World of Warships res_mods folder, overwriting the folder. In the case of game updates, move the contents of the 0.6.x.x. into the latest version's folder.

PLEASE NOTE, consider all my skins to be complete reskins. Downloads include textures for aircraft, secondary guns, anti air guns, range finders, directors and misc files. The included files are usually only appropriate for the associated skin. Keep this in mind before overwriting files. Yeah I'm repeating this because I really can't stress this enough. 

Other Kriegsmarine Skins

Click to visit Skinner's post

AkpePKG.jpg?1

815Mpf1.jpg?1

Edited by EdeIweisse

Looking great~! 

Though I would recommend some rust removal for pure aesthetics, since many consider the rust level to be very overdone, but Overall, it looks good~! . 

Nürnberg Update:

- Improved weathering on baltic stripes

- Added HD Kriegsmarine ensign

- Replaced Ar 197 with historically accurate Ar 196 (camouflage scheme is based on the Ar 196 present on the Tirpitz in 1943) 

Tirpitz Update:

Brought overall appearance closer to reference

- Fixed tones on Turret A

- Torpedo tubes are now in black

Added HD Kriegsmarine ensign

- Anchors are now in black

I really wish someone didn't interrupt me when I was making reserve posts

Edited by EdeIweisse

Looking great~! 

Though I would recommend some rust removal for pure aesthetics, since many consider the rust level to be very overdone, but Overall, it looks good~! . 

If anything there isn't enough rust and weathering on German ships. Photos suggest despite constantly repainted and changing camouflage schemes; German ships were quick to rust and weather, especially in the locations they were operating in. 

If anything there isn't enough rust and weathering on German ships. Photos suggest despite constantly repainted and changing camouflage schemes; German ships were quick to rust and weather, especially in the locations they were operating in. 

While that may be true, many skins are created with the intention of making a warship look like very newly made warship with little to no rust on their hulls, though I shall respect your opinion, your skin is your skin :3.  Edited by Fog_Battleship_Roma

While that may be true, many skins are created with the intention of making a warship look like very newly made warship with little to no rust on their hulls, though I shall respect your opinion, your skin is your skin :3. 

mhm yeah, thanks for the heads up. I didn't realize there was such an intention.

I think it's funny that people get so butthurt about the rust. You can chip, prep, prime, and paint steel PERFECTLY, with extremely high quality paints, and it'll have surface rust streaking down it in a matter of days. Look at a cruise ship. When they come into ports, they touch up paint their hulls.

Noob question - How do you install these, and will it still work if you put camo on your ships?

Noob question - How do you install these, and will it still work if you put camo on your ships?

Assuming Edelweisse structures his downloads like my own, download the file, unzip to your HDD then copy the unzipped res_mods folder to your WoWS root folder. As for the camouflages, applying a camo on top will show the camo and make it a bit buggy in appearance, there are mods out there that make camouflages invisible but you get the benefits still

Yeah, not everyone likes to play the game with ships that look like toys however.

I know :D, I'm just saying a few things, I still appreciate your skins for what they are, I might even switch between my current one and these owo. 

Possable bug, it seems like when the fighter for the Ar-197 replacer is destroyed it freezes the screen.

Edited by Sephy_the_OWA

Possable bug, it seems like when the fighter for the Ar-197 replacer is destroyed it freezes the screen.

Does it? I'll investigate.

Yep looks like it does. I never use it anyways so I'll fix the download

Edited by EdeIweisse

Yeah, not everyone likes to play the game with ships that look like toys however.

Ya exactly. I like the ships to have a little life to them. They do get used and abused.

Is there any way that you could apply your Tirpitz camo pattern to the Admiral Hipper? That is an awesome skin!

Not planning on it. 

Nürnberg Update:

- Removed bugged Ar 196

- Changed color tones to better match historical colors

- Fixed Kriegsmarine Naval Ensign

Königsberg Update:

- Changed color tones to better match historical colors

- Fixed Kriegsmarine Naval Ensign

I can't seem to get it to work. I'm still quite new to the game and modding it. I put the Nuremberg.7z file that downlaoded in C:\Games\World_of_Warships\res_mods\0.5.1.2 is this correct?

Thanks!

I can't seem to get it to work. I'm still quite new to the game and modding it. I put the Nuremberg.7z file that downlaoded in C:\Games\World_of_Warships\res_mods\0.5.1.2 is this correct?

Thanks!

you need to extract the contents folder inside the .7zip archive into the 0.5.1.2 folder.