You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Poxo234

fletcher upgrades

6 comments in this topic

[50CAL]
Members
46 posts
3,129 battles

So I am wondering if on the fletcher I should get the torp mod 3 or main battery 3.  I am abit scared of the 50% increase in the torp tubes getting knocked out.  Anyone have experience running with either upgrade?  I would hate to waste 3 mil on both just to test it out myself

Beta Testers
3,000 posts
4,522 battles

Doesn't main battery 3 increase range? Pretty sure you don't need that.

Fletcher does pretty well as a stealth torping DD. Get it if you are used to and intend to primarily use the torpedoes, because the guns sure as hell don't do much haha.

[50CAL]
Members
46 posts
3,129 battles

Doesn't main battery 3 increase range? Pretty sure you don't need that.

Fletcher does pretty well as a stealth torping DD. Get it if you are used to and intend to primarily use the torpedoes, because the guns sure as hell don't do much haha.

You are thinking of fire control 2, that gives 16% increase to range.  Main battery 3 increased fire rate for the negative of turret turn time.

Beta Testers
454 posts
1,484 battles

Just unlocked the Fletcher and am wondering the same thing myself in light of the recent patch.  

The range mod could be nice if the arc wasn't so bad and I like the idea of the reload speed help but I wonder if the turret speed loss in trade makes it worth it?

The torp mod likewise could be worth it but I used my Benson more like a gunship anyway and the idea of running around with screwed up torp launchers isn't a fun thought for faster reload as if they are broken it doesn't matter how fast they reload.  

Thoughts, especially in light of yesterday's patch?

Members
1,383 posts
2,282 battles

Don't worry about the 50% increase chance of torp tube incapacitating , since torp tube rarely ever get knock out anyway, i can count on 1 hand the time my torp tube got completely knock out. I say you got a 1% chance of that happening, so 1.5% chance if you have torp mod 3 on, still lower than detonation chance.

• Cool 1

[APOC-]
Beta Testers
328 posts
4,351 battles

Don't worry about the 50% increase chance of torp tube incapacitating , since torp tube rarely ever get knock out anyway, i can count on 1 hand the time my torp tube got completely knock out. I say you got a 1% chance of that happening, so 1.5% chance if you have torp mod 3 on, still lower than detonation chance.

yup. Permanent launcher knock out is super rare.

Go with the torp mod, it brings reloads to just over a minute. Plus you'll use that for sure on the gearing as it cannot spare the travese speed and shoots fast as hell anyways.

• Cool 1