Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
djredden

low tier battleships worst nightmare

18 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
32 posts
1,293 battles

in my opinion it is the st louse. why you may ask. because it has the just right amount of armor to make ap all but useless (starting to think ap vs low tier cruisers not a good idea) and he no do much ether.

so i ask what do you think a low tier battleships nightmare is.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,837 posts
3,359 battles

Low Tier BB's nightmare is being put into a high tier game. Imagine being in a Wyoming going against Kongo's or New York's. That or going against a bunch of Murmansk.

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

Destroyers, saying the st. Louis has enough armor is far from the truth. Battleships have more than enough firepower to overpen any cruiser. I had a Kawachi overpening the Salem Witch(Des Moines) I was using the other day.

[NBNG]
Beta Testers
1,660 posts
5,010 battles

Low Tier BB's nightmare is being put into a high tier game. Imagine being in a Wyoming going against Kongo's or New York's. That or going against a bunch of Murmansk.

a tier IV BB against tier V isnt that bad. The problem isnt the ships its that players at Tier IV for the most part dont know enough about how to play BBs, they all to frequently show their entire broadside with little to no angling making them easy prey to 14" guns. A wyoming in the hands of a competent player can can beat Kongo's and NY in less skilled hands

1,837 posts
3,359 battles

Destroyers, saying the st. Louis has enough armor is far from the truth. Battleships have more than enough firepower to overpen any cruiser. I had a Kawachi overpening the Salem Witch(Des Moines) I was using the other day.

That's any BB's nightmare. Hail or Torpedoes coming at you is not fun. Especially if they are air dropped Torpedoes.

Members
2,377 posts
16,938 battles

Or NY being put up against Colorados.  I agree.  I think biggest fear might be competant CV captains and/or massed clevelands.

[EGI]
[EGI]
Beta Testers
1,243 posts
32,205 battles

Well aimed manual dropped aircraft torps ?

Or a Derzki popping out from behind an island 1.5km away and dropping 10 torps in your face ?  

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,373 battles

I would say the Umikaze, since most low tier BBs aren't yet used to invisi-torps.

1,837 posts
3,359 battles

a tier IV BB against tier V isnt that bad. The problem isnt the ships its that players at Tier IV for the most part dont know enough about how to play BBs, they all to frequently show their entire broadside with little to no angling making them easy prey to 14" guns. A wyoming in the hands of a competent player can can beat Kongo's and NY in less skilled hands

True but if you have two evenly competent players, one in a Wyoming and another in a Kongo then the Kongo player can easily stay out of your range and shoot you until you die and there is nothing you can do about it. That for me is the true meaning of Nightmare.

[NBNG]
Beta Testers
1,660 posts
5,010 battles

Or NY being put up against Colorados.  I agree.  I think biggest fear might be competant CV captains and/or massed clevelands.

id put Clevelands above CVs, while there may be competant CV captains at Tier IV, they are still largely handicapped by the aircraft they are flying, 1 squadron TB for the Langely and 2 Squadrons for the Hosho. A Cruiser on the other hand, can sit at max range, maneuver around and simply burn the tier IV BB to the ground, ive done it in the Phoenix. 

[NBNG]
Beta Testers
1,660 posts
5,010 battles

True but if you have two evenly competent players, one in a Wyoming and another in a Kongo then the Kongo player can easily stay out of your range and shoot you until you die and there is nothing you can do about it. That for me is the true meaning of Nightmare.

ya, that is true, a Kongo does have a considerable Range and Speed advantage over the Wyoming, and lets face it IMO, the Kongo is the best tier V ship in the game. 
Edited by JSFWRX85

Beta Testers
1,156 posts

Low tier BB's?

EVERYTHING.

Destroyers can just bury you under torpedoes, Cruisers happily burn you to the waterline at their leisure, and the only defense you have against Carriers is the hope that they're idiots.

You're huge, (usually) slow, and clumsy, your main guns couldn't shoot straight if you sent a surveying team out to manually align the barrels before every shot, your secondary batteries are manned by gunners so drunk, they've already died twice from alcohol poisoning, and your ship is "armored" with kerosene soaked rags.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
13 posts
1,375 battles

I will give you a scenario of a low tier Battleships worst nightmare. One i did live.

I was attempting to have a good match in my Kawachi, but the MM had other ideas. In an instant i was thrown into a tier 5 match were the enemy team consisted of 8 tier 5's. 3 Battleships, 3 Cruisers and 2 Destroyers. My team had only 1 tier 5 Destroyer. Within minutes my team was reduced to sinking hulks and i alone stood against 1 tier 5 Battleship, 3 tier 3 Cruisers and 1 tier 5 Destroyer. I did all i could and managed to sink the Destroyer and 2 of the Cruisers, but with no range i had no chance of hitting the Battleship. The enemy team laughed at my attempts at staving off the inevitable. "Poor Little Kawachi" they said, "Sucks to be you" they said, all the while pounding me with shell after shell. In the end i sank just as the enemy Battleship got within my firing range, as you might expect we lost.

Edited by Reblis86

[MAHAN]
Beta Testers
1,605 posts
7,195 battles

I play Kawachi quite a bit. The worst nightmare is being up tiered stupid hard. I used to regularly fight in tier VI matches, which is about as fun as it sounds. I haven't had that happen recently though, so perhaps they ninja patched it. On tier, Umikazes and St. Louises are pretty brutal since it seems roughly 95% of them are high tier players shamelessly seal clubbing.

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

Planes, Planes!!!

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
399 posts
14,061 battles

Most have no AA, so planes, yep - good call Major.

Or DDs, 'cause they are about as maneuverable as mountains.

Someone the other day in a game said the St Louis is the best tier 3 BB there is!  Loved that....

Getting to go against tier 5 BBs in a tier 3 is also a hoot....always good for a laugh and a  sob or two.

-Members-
6,960 posts
10,623 battles

St. Louis has pitiful armor, well, pitiful is normal. What protects her citadel is a massive lump of coal. Coal isn't very easy to put shells through. 

Sign in to follow this