You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Brutalus_Maximus

Murmansk AP vs HE

7 comments in this topic

[GOAT]
Beta Testers
1,523 posts
7,150 battles

Its worth checking out his other guide videos as well.

Banned
3,836 posts

good rule of thumb

long range. HE

if u at "mid range" (what that is depends on when you feel your shots have a flat enough arc.  i tend to find this at 5-8km)

then for shooting at BBs

HE their front and when they angled

AP their flat side and rear (you likely wont citadel them.  but the 33% dmg from pen and overpen shots does more than HE)

for when u shoot at cruisers Cruisers

HE their front

AP their anged, flat, and rear.

for DDs....

HE

for carriers

your a cruiser. spam HE, light fires,  and shut that thing down from launching more planes, yes it takes longer than if u shot AP.  but you wont have to worry about torp planes or bombers point blank!

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,231 battles

Oh, and Murmansk?? well, that thing is a flamethrower so... Mostly HE.... you can AP the CRAP out of Cruisers, once you light them on fire and the Shell arc is so low compared to like, a Koni or Cleveland.... so... I mostly use HE in mine,,,,

Beta Testers
4,007 posts
14,539 battles

I got a citadeld with the Murmanks on a Fuso and Kongo at 15km but i can't pent the Kalsgrue at 6km , that is the ship of any possibilities

Anyway , use Ap under 10km on any cruiser and HE on the rest and over 10km

[13TH]
Members
4,899 posts
9,119 battles

Angle armour... Remember that .. If you fire AP when ships at an angle little damage and most likely it will bounce off .. What I did was use only AP at all times for a few games then check the damage stats at end of game , do the same for HE then just for a few games fire Both but only AP when he broadsides you ,you will quickly figure what works and what doesn't... If your ever on the enemys side ... Just fire HE