Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bad_Wulf

Tier 10 Matches Suck

67 comments in this topic

[TOXIX]
Beta Testers
225 posts
20,010 battles

Yes I said it. And I WON'T push for anything above tier 8 because the games are so lame.

Tier 10 match, 7 on each side. I was in my Fubuki, "North" map, north side spawn.

My team "hived". All huddles up right along the map edge. All afraid of a Midway on the other side. (Never mind we had a Midway also).

I went hunting and managed 1 torp hit before getting plane spotted and focused down. They huddled up and, of course, died. Surprise surprise the red team didn't lose a ship.

Top tier game play sucks. I know the economy is "working as intended". But if this is the results, i wont go there, Tier 8 is highest I'll go for now. And I wont take many lines that high. Thinking Fubuki, and a North Carolina. My Myoko is close, and I know the Mogami rocks, but probably wont buy it.

To many people failed their way to a tier 10, but now can't afford to take damage in them. But that makes in inevitable that they don't do much damage and lose. Losing a crap ton of credits in the process for themselves and their team.

As long as they spend $$$ on gold to convert to credits, they will continue to take out their snazzy Yamato or Montana, but be to afraid to scratch the paint. And pay WarGaming for the privilege to do so. I'll get off my soap box for tonight.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
822 posts
2,258 battles

High tier economy sucks and Midway is super unbalanced.  Makes for bad matches.  People afraid to engage, CV that can literally win the match almost solo, and thanks to the high costs a lot of people don't even try to get there, so it's a super low population.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,837 posts
3,359 battles

Agreed with what OP said

Edited by FallenZulu

[HBK]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,361 posts
16,199 battles

I hardly play my Montana or Yamato just because I know how unlikely it is that I'll get a full match, even at peak hours.  Anything less than 12v12 is a waste of time, in my opinion.  I can run Tier 8 with full matches until we get down to 4500-5000 players online almost every night while running a Tier 10 with anything less than 10k players on will likely result in a 7v7 or some garbage.  

I think Tier 8 is by far the most well rounded tier in terms of pace, reward and quality of gameplay.  

And, again, changing the repair cost will not magically make people be aggressive.  Otherwise low tiers would be the most action-packed matches in the game but really you see the same mentality at low and high tiers:  people just don't want to be shot.  

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

High tier economy sucks and Midway is super unbalanced.  Makes for bad matches.  People afraid to engage, CV that can literally win the match almost solo, and thanks to the high costs a lot of people don't even try to get there, so it's a super low population.

The economy is no different than tanks(just scaled to be bigger) and tanks is still flourishing. The Midway... not going to argue with you on that.

Beta Testers
822 posts
2,258 battles

We'll never see fill population tier 10 matches.  Sorry, but that's the brutal truth.  The economy is keeping people away from tier 10, and the few that do make it rarely run their tier 10's.  As it stands, it won't ever work right.  Just "work as intended."TM

Beta Testers
180 posts
2,572 battles

Yep I agree. Don't know why I tried so hard to get to it. CBT was tons better. The new players are horrible and afraid to actually play the game.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
408 posts
6,981 battles

Economy is working as intended, it's a tactics that force you to buy premium ship to earn credit for T10 battles (A raise in platinum ship earning, right?), unless you are a good player that don't lose much on T10. 

But, together with the current OPness of  Midway, no one should be suprised with the lack of T10 players. Your enjoyment greatly depends on 1 or 2 players only, that's not something everyone like to experience. 

The presence of Midway either mean you all hug together and lose, or go out for a fight and beg the Midway is not targeting me in this strike, for when a Midways want you dead, you are DEAD!

• Cool 1

[FYYFF]
Members
648 posts
16,724 battles

Yes I said it. And I WON'T push for anything above tier 8 because the games are so lame.

Tier 10 match, 7 on each side. I was in my Fubuki, "North" map, north side spawn.

My team "hived". All huddles up right along the map edge. All afraid of a Midway on the other side. (Never mind we had a Midway also).

I went hunting and managed 1 torp hit before getting plane spotted and focused down. They huddled up and, of course, died. Surprise surprise the red team didn't lose a ship.

Top tier game play sucks. I know the economy is "working as intended". But if this is the results, i wont go there, Tier 8 is highest I'll go for now. And I wont take many lines that high. Thinking Fubuki, and a North Carolina. My Myoko is close, and I know the Mogami rocks, but probably wont buy it.

To many people failed their way to a tier 10, but now can't afford to take damage in them. But that makes in inevitable that they don't do much damage and lose. Losing a crap ton of credits in the process for themselves and their team.

As long as they spend $$$ on gold to convert to credits, they will continue to take out their snazzy Yamato or Montana, but be to afraid to scratch the paint. And pay WarGaming for the privilege to do so. I'll get off my soap box for tonight.

Technically we had a Hakuryu not a Midway... and you forgot to mention the Midway was divisioned with two Yamatos.

And the main reason we lost is because a Fubuki and a Montana went off on their own instead of sticking with the cruisers supplying AA support.

But you go ahead and blame everybody else. :-)

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,100 posts
30,874 battles

Kind of pointless to have high tier ships in this game if you're being setback just from entering a match.  The highest tiered ship I possess is a Tier IX Iowa.  She was my goal to get when I joined this game.  Now that I have her, the costs of high tier play doesn't make it worth it.  Should I sink, well, that's even better.  That's not even counting the grind and constant losing of credits during that endeavor should I decide to go for Montana.  I can't imagine the costs for the Tier X CVs and BBs.

The Tier System  & Economy of WoWS is a complete failure.

High tier ships in WoWS are like "Barn Queens," a term we use, at least in US military aviation.  It refers to the aircraft that sit in the hangar doing absolutely nothing for long periods of time for various reasons.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[VVV]
Beta Testers
814 posts
7,968 battles

I've always enjoyed my Iowa, And most matches I rarely get placed with T10's. Though I've researched the Montana, I've yet to buy the ship. And don't plan to for some time, Until I get done with other tree's first. But I would not like 7v7 matches. Very boring.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,100 posts
30,874 battles

I've always enjoyed my Iowa, And most matches I rarely get placed with T10's. Though I've researched the Montana, I've yet to buy the ship. And don't plan to for some time, Until I get done with other tree's first. But I would not like 7v7 matches. Very boring.

It's even better with CVs, actually.

drrcTN2.jpg

"FML," I said.  Tried my best to fight off Essex and not even the Fighter Spec Hiryu I brought slowed down aircraft from a CV 2 tiers higher.  I was the second ship to go down after the Kagero.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
832 posts
5,277 battles

Yup, tier 10 matches suck, I hate being dragged into it. Not only is the match making terrible. Wargaming's tier 10 is an afterthought of balance and fun. 

Seriously these planes have 2000+ HP, I don't know what they are thinking, but a direct hit from 20mm+ gun, let alone any other gun would at least critically damage a fighter based aircraft. 

Tier 10 sucks.jpg

Edited by Merlox

[TSU]
Members
267 posts
3,370 battles

As I sit right now, I could have been in a montana pretty easily by now. I could be in the NC after 2 or 3 days of moderate grinding. I just kind of... stopped giving a crap about getting to Tier X because of both the gameplay style at those levels, and the repair costs that punish players for advancement. So... I'll get there eventually. But I really don't care when.

[SALVO]
6,598 posts
7,430 battles

You're a fool if you think the high tier economy is in any way balanced/fair. 

• Cool 3

[-K-]
Members, Beta Testers
3,105 posts
10,282 battles

I get tired of seeing the same "let's beat up on bad MM" divisions with three tier 10s at all hours of the day.  If I queue solo in my tier 10 during peak hours I see them, and their team usually has 1-2 extra tier 10s.  If I queue my tier 8s during non-peak hours I get pulled up and see them because they've waited in the queue for five minutes.  I get that people want to play with friends, but a few are blatantly abusing the fact that MM just can't handle tier 10 divisions most of the time.

Here's one player's division stats, vs their solo stats for comparison.

Division:

2s7csgy.jpg

Solo:

ilfxns.jpg

Edited by Mesrith

[PSV]
Members
536 posts
22,368 battles

Yeah there's really no way around it - tier 10 is awful right now even in prime time.

I regret busting my butt to get my Yamato. The matches are typically 7 on 7. My last match was 7 on 7, 3 DDs, 2 Cruisers and 2 BBs per side.

Our DDs and Cruisers lost to the other team while the other team's Yamato and I halfheartedly shelled one another at range. Neither of us could move in close because of all the DDs. In the end the other team capped. I think I did 10K damage. The other Yamato would have done about the same.

Hopefully Tier 10 gets better with time as more players reach it. I've had some fun matches with complete team rosters. It just doesn't happen enough right now.

Beta Testers
768 posts

I get tired of seeing the same "let's beat up on bad MM" divisions with three tier 10s at all hours of the day.  If I queue solo in my tier 10 during peak hours I see them, and their team usually has 1-2 extra tier 10s.  If I queue my tier 8s during non-peak hours I get pulled up and see them because they've waited in the queue for five minutes.  I get that people want to play with friends, but a few are blatantly abusing the fact that MM just can't handle tier 10 divisions most of the time.

Here's one player's division stats, vs their solo stats for comparison.

Division:

2s7csgy.jpg

Solo:

ilfxns.jpg

how do you show division stats? O.o

[PISY]
Members
115 posts
5,295 battles

From my experience playing T10 games with my Amagi, the team with better midway wins.

If no CV, then it's up to Yamato and invis fire abusing DDs/cruisers to finish the job...

Beta Testers
425 posts
19,100 battles

I don't bother to play tier 10.   And if I'm grinding tier 8 & 9, I'll game the MM so that it puts me in the "You need a match where you are top tier" mode.   Slows down the grind, but makes it more playable.

Amusingly, I've had tier 10 CV players defend that a 68% win rate is necessary for player sanity.   Too amusing.

Oh, and check the stats of anyone that starts defending the Midway.    Always, their most played ship is the Midway.  Also very amusing.

[BLNCE]
Members
2,293 posts
7,561 battles

Economy is not the problem...I frequently make money with my t9 and t10. At worst you break even between your good and bad games (if you have premium) which IMO if you don't have it you are wasting your time with this game. Plus - is anyone really expecting to make credits at this teir - it is end game - game needs a system to keep lower tiers full - this is it. 

The problem with t10 is lack of objective focus. No one is actually playing the game in a t10 match. They forget objectives exist and expect others to go risk their necks to keep the game alive solo capping - while they hide in the most fortified defensive area they can fit 5 BB's.The only fun map to play on t 10 matches is split spawn hotspot - because the map forces action - and cv's aren't safe the whole game to deal 200k damage automatically. 

[---]
Banned
6,739 posts
10,145 battles

Economy is not the problem...I frequently make money with my t9 and t10. At worst you break even between your good and bad games (if you have premium) which IMO if you don't have it you are wasting your time with this game. Plus - is anyone really expecting to make credits at this teir - it is end game - game needs a system to keep lower tiers full - this is it. 

The problem with t10 is lack of objective focus. No one is actually playing the game in a t10 match. They forget objectives exist and expect others to go risk their necks to keep the game alive solo capping - while they hide in the most fortified defensive area they can fit 5 BB's.The only fun map to play on t 10 matches is split spawn hotspot - because the map forces action - and cv's aren't safe the whole game to deal 200k damage automatically. 

Well you seem to be the exception, and far from the norm, because a grand majority, even some of the better players in the higher tiers, claim that it's damn near impossible to break even beyond tier 9. 

[SALVO]
6,598 posts
7,430 battles

Xeno what ship do you make money in at tier 10?

Sign in to follow this