Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
timmyg1004

something needs to be done!

44 comments in this topic

[SKD]
Beta Testers
278 posts
20,441 battles

The general amount of poor players in this game with no concept of how to play any of the game modes needs to be fixed asap! The core players who have put in loads of time and money to get to a certain point are being let down by the lack of speedy development of certain game modes and features that this company deserves to give its player base! there is no benefit for actual team play,there is no clan system yet there is no unified accounts between all the war gaming games! There is still no tutorial,there is no real report system except for the less than effective chat report! all of these missing items are creating a toxic enviornment that is keeping the core players away from regular game play and eventually going to drive their time and dollars to another game! before any other time is wasted in development please consult the actual players to see what they want next not what a small group of "testers" want! i know i have spent alot of money and my transactions have froze until i get what i want out of the game! and will continue to or i will spend my money elsewhere,i am aware of all the downfalls of a war gaming product and i expect there to be changes in new games! just my thoughts just my words! agree or disagree you are entitled to your opinions as am i

• Cool 4

[DOOM]
[DOOM]
Members
345 posts
11,383 battles

The general amount of poor players in this game with no concept of how to play any of the game modes needs to be fixed asap! The core players who have put in loads of time and money to get to a certain point are being let down by the lack of speedy development of certain game modes and features that this company deserves to give its player base! there is no benefit for actual team play,there is no clan system yet there is no unified accounts between all the war gaming games! There is still no tutorial,there is no real report system except for the less than effective chat report! all of these missing items are creating a toxic enviornment that is keeping the core players away from regular game play and eventually going to drive their time and dollars to another game! before any other time is wasted in development please consult the actual players to see what they want next not what a small group of "testers" want! i know i have spent alot of money and my transactions have froze until i get what i want out of the game! and will continue to or i will spend my money elsewhere,i am aware of all the downfalls of a war gaming product and i expect there to be changes in new games! just my thoughts just my words! agree or disagree you are entitled to your opinions as am i

Part of the problem you are seeing in my opinion comes from the fact that as a Beta tester you played with and against a small core of experienced players.

Since the game went live you have seen a large influx of new players who do not grasp the concepts you picked up in the many games you played.

It is a factor of the herd mentality.... People will conform to the group mentality...

Just as good game play by experienced players breeds more good game play by everyone around them...

Bad game play by inexperienced players breeds bad game play because stupid is contagious....lol...

• Cool 1

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles

I understand but it is free to play and the good players must understand that bad players will always be there to ruin your day.  Always.  This will not change. You just gotta accept that I am not so hot but I try.  Some don't try, some try and fail a lot, some just want to play a free game and don't give a damn about your personal video experience. I feel your pain but anyone can spend $ and get a ship they can't play and ruin your life.  There already exist all kinds of tutorials on how to play on You tube but most never look at them.  This game also has a co-op mode which is kinda like a practice mode.  It's there.  Short of all that I know not what to say to you except I kinda feel your pain but the situation you describe cannot be "fixed".  It's inherent in the game and if you choose to play you just gotta accept this. WG is out to make $.  They must or would not exist.  They want the most players possible spending and they don't much care if they are good or not.  That is just the truth.

Beta Testers
825 posts
7,027 battles

No offense, but this seems to be coming from a mediocre player.  For the really good players we are part of the problem - so its all relative.

• Cool 2

[PEPE]
Beta Testers
231 posts
1,267 battles

Some things to remember:

-Correct me if I'm wrong but THIS GAME IS OPEN BETA... Its a work in progress still.

-The game is new. Of course many people are going to be "bad"...

-I think there should be a dedicated and proper tutorial to show all players the basic mechanics and general tips. I would say like WoT.

-Co-op battles shouldn't be a tutorial per say. It should be for new players, even veteran players, to go practice the game's mechanics in a less competitive environment.

- Veteran players should help new players as much as possible. If you tell a bad player they suck and they should *edited* off and uninstall... What good does that do? You aren't helping them. They aren't suddenly gonna become a godly player just because you insulted them...  Take the time, tell them what they are doing wrong and give them tips. I would like to see a "training room" one day, where players can get 1v1 help. Similar to co-op battles.

As for the other issues... Well. I don't know. I don't see really any major issue with anything you presented... Nothing that really keeps me away from the game...

I mean, lack of speedy development of game modes and features? Uhh, you act like you just hit a button and it instantly creates whatever you want... It doesn't. It takes time to develop different things and then to balance them out and make sure they work. And with a some what small development team (I don't know WG's team size), it takes longer to make stuff.... That being said, just be patient. These things will surely be implemented soon enough. 

I'm sorry you are not satisfied but what can I say. You just have to be patient. I can't stress enough, this game is beta... It was just released to the public only a couple of months ago.

Edited by Sk8er4LifeMD
  • Cool 3

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,106 battles

Some things to remember:

-Correct me if I'm wrong but THIS GAME IS OPEN BETA... Its a work in progress still.

-I think there should be a dedicated and proper tutorial to show all players the basic mechanics and general tips. I would say like WoT.

-Co-op battles shouldn't be a tutorial per say. It should be for new players, even veteran players, to go practice the game's mechanics in a less competitive environment.

- Veteran players should help new players as much as possible. If you tell a bad player they suck and they should *edited* off and uninstall... What good does that do? You aren't helping them. They aren't suddenly gonna become a godly player just because you insulted them...  Take the time, tell them what they are doing wrong and give them tips. I would like to see a "training room" one day, where players can get 1v1 help. Similar to co-op battles.

As for the other issues... Well. I don't know. I don't see really any major issue with anything you presented... Nothing that really keeps me away from the game...

I mean, lack of speedy development of game modes and features? Uhh, you act like you just hit a button and it instantly creates whatever you want... It doesn't. It takes time to develop different things and then to balance them out and make sure they work. And with a some what small development team (I don't know WG's team size), it takes longer to make stuff.... That being said, just be patient. These things will surely be implemented soon enough. 

I'm sorry you are not satisfied but what can I say. You just have to be patient. I can't stress enough, this game is beta... It was just released to the public only a couple of months ago.

Oh no, this game went out of open live full roll Sept 17th.  Open beta is OVER.

[PEPE]
Beta Testers
231 posts
1,267 battles

Oh no, this game went out of open live full roll Sept 17th.  Open beta is OVER.

ahh , I see. I did take a break so forgive me and my error. Regardless. The game is still new so I do stand for the most part on my opinions.

Members
49 posts
11,322 battles

I'm going to agree with SK8 on this...

Edited by merfox
  • Cool 1

Members
27 posts
3,436 battles

No offense, but this seems to be coming from a mediocre player.  For the really good players we are part of the problem - so its all relative.

Are you saying that you are a mediocre player and that's part of the problem or your a really good player and it is?
  • Cool 1

[HLNT]
Alpha Tester
384 posts
1,735 battles

I think he's calling himself mediocre...at least that's my take. 

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

1: People won't know how to play well without in game tutorials. Youtube and forum guides are simply not enough, because people don't seek that kind of thing out. If those things worked, we wouldn't have this problem

2: Even if people know what they SHOULD be doing, if doing something else is more rewarding, they'll do that something else instead of what they SHOULD do. You need to reward good play before people will do it.

The hard way is to implement bonus rewards for every little positive behaviour you want to happen. 

Easy way? Just attach reward distribution to winning. Winning ALWAYS gets you a better payout than losing, no matter how well you did, and since you need to play well to win....you incentivize all good behaviours in one fell swoop.

3: It doesn't matter if you reward players for winning if the punishment for getting sunk, something that happens to someone basically every single game, exceeds the reward.  If the risk for playing well is greater than the reward, then no one will go for the reward. In this game, that means a reduction in repair fees at the bare minimum. Ideally, repair fees would be completely reworked into something that doesn't screw basic gameplay so hard.

• Cool 1

[SKD]
Beta Testers
278 posts
20,441 battles

1: People won't know how to play well without in game tutorials. Youtube and forum guides are simply not enough, because people don't seek that kind of thing out. If those things worked, we wouldn't have this problem

2: Even if people know what they SHOULD be doing, if doing something else is more rewarding, they'll do that something else instead of what they SHOULD do. You need to reward good play before people will do it.

The hard way is to implement bonus rewards for every little positive behaviour you want to happen. 

Easy way? Just attach reward distribution to winning. Winning ALWAYS gets you a better payout than losing, no matter how well you did, and since you need to play well to win....you incentivize all good behaviours in one fell swoop.

3: It doesn't matter if you reward players for winning if the punishment for getting sunk, something that happens to someone basically every single game, exceeds the reward.  If the risk for playing well is greater than the reward, then no one will go for the reward. In this game, that means a reduction in repair fees at the bare minimum. Ideally, repair fees would be completely reworked into something that doesn't screw basic gameplay so hard.

my thoughts exactly and to go a step further there should be a coded in mode of the game that requires you to play a certain number of games to learn "how to actually play" called a tuturial! to use players launching torps behind allies as an example!

[SKD]
Beta Testers
278 posts
20,441 battles

i would like to see your stats after over 3100 games since the wipe # 33 in games played in north america!< and never even thought to pad stats with high tier premium or op ships<

Members
153 posts
4,032 battles

Its not fixed in WOT, nor in WOP...what makes you think it will be fixed here....Never will be in any of them.

[VPMN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
2,095 posts
8,175 battles

Some things to remember:

I agree with Sk8 and issm, there needs to be a proper tutorial for all beginners to use and personally I feel it should be mandatory through tier 2 or 3. 

i would like to see your stats after over 3100 games since the wipe # 33 in games played in north america!< and never even thought to pad stats with high tier premium or op ships<

Let's not get off topic here, yes a comment was made, ignore it and move on. You brought up a good point in your first post, let's continue to have a productive and mature conversation about it.

Members
1 post
93 battles

As to your point number 2, this is part of the problem with this game right now.  Almost every single battle I have been in that was supposed to be PVP (Random Battle) there is at least one AFK bot player out of the teams.  Today it just seems to have been my misfortune to be on that team most of the time.  When they incentivize something they need to make it subtract XP for players that do absolutely nothing and don't benefit their team at all.  I'm even talking about suici-scouting.  These wargaming games need to implement some form or fashion to prevent these bot/afk players from happening.  It's the biggest drawback to these games.  If everyone is at least trying at least there is a chance to win.

Anyway, just wanted to get in that little peeve of mine.  Back to the rest of the post.

[X-PN]
Beta Testers
792 posts
13,513 battles

You do have nearly every high tier and/or OP premium ship in the game (Tirpitz, Atago, Murmansk, Atlanta, Gremyashchy) and some of these have the most games played per type. So what are you saying?
Edited by Bronco

[HBK]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,361 posts
16,207 battles

This thread humors me.  Yeah, you're right in a general, rather easily agreeable sort of way.  However, I distinctly remember you playing your Montana on Ocean saying you were there to "clean up the tirpitz'" and after I said not to get out of range of the cap as they pushed towards it you said that "I can shoot the moon with this range."  

You hid behind our carrier at the blue line at the top of the map and contributed literally nothing to the match and did not prevent them from capping us out as myself and two other ships tried to stop them and died.

If you're going to make a thread like this where you are complaining about how other people don't know how to play then the least you could do is set an example yourself.  Pretty weak words, otherwise.

And no, I don't think this is off topic.  More of a sidebar, if anything.  I have my doubts that a tutorial would do much of anything, though it couldn't hurt.  In a way, the videos that WG produces (Bad Advice, etc) are tutorials even if they aren't forced upon the playerbase.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
145 posts
2,196 battles

The average Closed Beta tester logged something Like 1500 games. And your mad because Player X who has played maybe 100 games isn't as good as you ? Or is it because you have to carry player X to win the battle ? Either way this is like comparing apples to oranges.. Try Ranked battles you should see more skilled players in there. When I see a bad player and I see that he has a low number of games played I try to coach em up..make them better players... sounds to me your slamming some players for not having the benefit of your experience.. There are bad players who will want to get good and those players will seek advice and knowledge but there is no escape from the casual player in any game.  And I do feel your frustration at times but you as an above average player have a choice you can help make this community better or you can slam the players who are not up to your standards.. See you at the top of the Team score card. 

Edited by Master_Chief69

Members
91 posts
1,346 battles

Waiting for magic to happen seems foolish.

What is needed is a "CARRY HARDER" thread, where we can post pics of our 5 kills, 100+ hits, base capture, floods, fires and still get roll stomped. 

They have one at MWO and trust me..it hit 30 pages in a week. A cathartic sort of release for bad teams. A badge of honor actually to have such an outrageous loss you won the Carry Harder medal for that day

Sign in to follow this