Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Wepps

I'd like to comment about Karlsruhe...

34 comments in this topic

[AOH]
Members
984 posts
7,157 battles

I hate this fly infested pile of donkey flop.

The guy that designed this ship should have his brain examined by a mad scientist.

It has all the disadvantages of Kolberg only without the armor and the firing rate. Luckily, it has crappy torpedoes to make up for it. This tier 4 ship should never see anything above tier 3.

My tier 4 a55 was actually owned at my own cap....2 minutes into a tier 6 fight...by a destroyer at point blank range, an Omaha rounding an island at mid-range, and a battleship firing on me from halfway across the map, all the while surrounded by my own guys that hadn't left the slip yet. You'd swear i was the Bismarck I attracted so much attention.

I've decided rather than go on and on about the crappiness of this heaping pile of kraken dump, I will make some comparisons about things I would rather do than to ever bother climbing in this thing again. Nothing is worth this. The German cruiser line is dead in my opinion.

1) I'd rather shave my back with a power sander than ever look down the sights of this torpedo magnet again.

2) My grandmother zombied up from the grave after 40 years for one of her patented sloppy wet kisses. Yep, a legitimate option in comparison.

3) That enormous whale that was caught in the Walmart bathroom humping a Jimmy Dean Sausage....

CLOSE! But yep, I'd hit that rather than be forced to the ridicule of having to suffer the offending cruiser.

You guys should really consider doing one of two things - either A) stop putting sh1tty cruisers in the German line, simply because they're German and you don't like having to find decent ships to put there or B) Might as well add a cheese grater d1ldo to the commander's chair.

oopaloompa, designers

Edited by Wepps
  • Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,231 battles

LM FAO... YOU have 11 for 11 in COOPS with this ship yet you are posting this same silly nonsense that 90% of the players do?>?>
thinking that WG will do more???
Not sure what it means to everyone but with only 24 RANDOM BATTLES AND 1006 Co-op you should re-think your rage...
If you complain about getting beat by bots... then....

But you do have one of the BEST COOP stats pages    LOL

and you dont even have the Konigsberg.... get THAT and play.... against REAL PEOPLE>.. lol anyone can have 95% in that many coop games....

Edited by pmgaudio

[GC]
Alpha Tester
1,103 posts
5,173 battles

1.) What were you doing at your own cap 2 minutes into the fight? That's plenty of time to get away from the spawn and even engage the enemy vanguard coming across the middle.

2.) You were under fire by three ships. Of course you went down fast. Probably they were coordinating their efforts, which is what smart players (and divisions) do.

3.) Yeah, yeah, tiers 3, 4, and 7 are the dogs of the German cruiser line. In other news, water is wet, fire is hot. But the line is not 'dead'. The bad ships are low level and easy to get past. Even the tier 7 isn't that bad, once you learn how to deal with the very slow turret traverse.

--Helms

[AOH]
Members
984 posts
7,157 battles

Nah the rant's over. I have to figure out how this thing is supposed to be played, like I did Kolberg. With that, at least, I was getting 200+ hit matches. With 235 the record for the ship. But this I try all kinds of different tactics, and just does not perform in any way imaginable. Stubborn though. I'll rectumfy this situation.

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,231 battles

seriously though... stop playing crappy ships against BOTS... I mean they are BOTS... if you cant beat THEM... well....
and you are from what I see a CV player mostly..., albeit against BOTS... but... there should be a CO-OP subsection forum for this kind of thing...:trollface:

but again... 11 for 11... what exactly are you complainging about with a 100% WR in that thing.,,,,

,,,,,,,,,, against bots

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,231 battles

Nah the rant's over. I have to figure out how this thing is supposed to be played, like I did Kolberg. With that, at least, I was getting 200+ hit matches. With 235 the record for the ship. But this I try all kinds of different tactics, and just does not perform in any way imaginable. Stubborn though. I'll rectumfy this situation.

against bots

stop it...

The best way to play that ship is.... Konigsberg....

That is all....

(against bots)

:popcorn:

[AOH]
Members
984 posts
7,157 battles

seriously though... stop playing crappy ships against BOTS... I mean they are BOTS... if you cant beat THEM... well....

and you are from what I see a CV player mostly..., albeit against BOTS... but... there should be a CO-OP subsection forum for this kind of thing...:trollface:

but again... 11 for 11... what exactly are you complainging about with a 100% WR in that thing.,,,,

,,,,,,,,,, against bots

It's taking forever to get the hell out of it lol. What have I had in it, 237 fights?

Well anyway, that's what it feels like.

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,231 battles

1.) What were you doing at your own cap 2 minutes into the fight? That's plenty of time to get away from the spawn and even engage the enemy vanguard coming across the middle.

2.) You were under fire by three ships. Of course you went down fast. Probably they were coordinating their efforts, which is what smart players (and divisions) do.

3.) Yeah, yeah, tiers 3, 4, and 7 are the dogs of the German cruiser line. In other news, water is wet, fire is hot. But the line is not 'dead'. The bad ships are low level and easy to get past. Even the tier 7 isn't that bad, once you learn how to deal with the very slow turret traverse.

--Helms

ehhh hemmmm

They were BOTS.....

[GC]
Alpha Tester
1,103 posts
5,173 battles

Karlsruhe is underwhelming, I agree. But it's not as bad as Kolberg is in its tier. Karlsruhe at least has a -chance- (albeit a miniscule one) to citadel something. If you're expecting to hose down the enemy with rapid fire, weak guns, go back to Dresden and stay there.

And bots coordinate their fire, too, on occasion. Especially if you're closer to them than anybody else on your team. They nearly always pick the closest target to shoot at.

--Helms

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,231 battles

It's taking forever to get the hell out of it lol. What have I had in it, 237 fights?

Well anyway, that's what it feels like.

http://worldofwarships.com/en/community/accounts/1005056409-Wepps/#tab=pve/account-tab-ships-pve

and CO-OP

So you will grind forever.... 

again... stop playing CO-OP battles and get much more XP and credits.... 1006 is far more than enough practice

............ against bots

Edited by pmgaudio

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,231 battles

Am I the only one who finds it slightly amusing, although might that sound insulting, that this guy is a CO-OP junkie??? 

[GC]
Alpha Tester
1,103 posts
5,173 battles

To be fair, rofflestomping bots is amusing. Especially in Warspite, which is a MONSTER in co-op games because of its buffed repair ability and can easily sink ships several tiers higher. Having said that, though.... 1000+ games in co-op? Jeez, talk about missing 99% of the experience and fun of the game.

--Helms

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,231 battles

To be fair, rofflestomping bots is amusing. Especially in Warspite, which is a MONSTER in co-op games because of its buffed repair ability and can easily sink ships several tiers higher. Having said that, though.... 1000+ games in co-op? Jeez, talk about missing 99% of the experience and fun of the game.

--Helms

yup

Members
701 posts
3,457 battles

Am I the only one who finds it slightly amusing, although might that sound insulting, that this guy is a CO-OP junkie??? 

no it is kind of hilarious..... he is just making sure that by only playing bots that his grind in that ship will be 5x longer lmbo..

24 actual battles vs 1000 co-op lmbo.... by this pace he will have to play 10k battles to get into a tier 8 ship..... smh

Edited by TASK_FORCE_16

[AOH]
Members
984 posts
7,157 battles

Nah it's just not worth it. German cruisers was a waste of money and time. Maybe they will 'fix' them some day. I doubt it lol.I base that conclusion on the condition of German tanks in WoT. We all know that the 'World of' repertoire of games has less to do with historical accuracy than game play. Nothing wrong with that, until historical accuracy is invoked for the reason all German equipment seems to suck.

That said, rest of the game is too fun to do anything else. It's a GREAT GAME. I just hate to see it ruined over bias. Down the road, I hope it doesn't interfere with that good game play.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

I don't know, I thought kolberg was less painful than karl.   at least it was HE spam machine.   Karl has weapon that is neither good for HE or AP.       still, it is less painful than derpzski.

[ABDA]
Members
258 posts
3,843 battles

I agree with the OP about the Karlsruhe. I have yet to really see the tier disparity between various ships until T4 with this ship. It really lacks against the other ships in the same tier. I don't know how anyone can honestly defend it as being balanced versus the other ships of that tier.

Members
2 posts
933 battles

Nah it's just not worth it. German cruisers was a waste of money and time. Maybe they will 'fix' them some day. 

I also agree  that Karl is really bad for Tier 4 but German Cruisers wasn't a waste of money and time . When u get to Tier 5 Königsberg ,it gets better .

Members
252 posts
1,781 battles

According to Navweaps, list of bursting charges(heaviest listed):
Ex. Karlsruhe:
15 cm/45 SK L/45 - HE L/4,1 nose fuze - 9.0 lbs. (WW2 round)
Ex. Konigsberg/Nurnberg:
15 cm/60 SK C/25 - HE, nose fuze - 8.58 lbs.
Ex. Kuma:
14 cm/50 (5.5") 3rd Year Type - Common Type 0 - 6.3 lbs
Ex. St. Louis
6"/50 (15.2 cm) Mark 6 and Mark 8 - Common HE after World War I - 7.08 lbs.

Realism aside, I don't understand why the Karlsruhe(with a lower ROF) does 'less' HE damage then the Kuma(with higher ROF). The Karlsruhe certainly doesn't make up for it with any armor. (Even though the Karlsruhe has/had thicker belt armor than the tier 5 Konigsberg and the same/similar deck armor)

Edited by Martin_Hessler44

Beta Testers
11,671 posts

According to Navweaps, list of bursting charges(heaviest listed):
Ex. Karlsruhe:
15 cm/45 SK L/45 - HE L/4,1 nose fuze - 9.0 lbs. (WW2 round)
Ex. Konigsberg/Nurnberg:
15 cm/60 SK C/25 - HE, nose fuze - 8.58 lbs.
Ex. Kuma:
14 cm/50 (5.5") 3rd Year Type - Common Type 0 - 6.3 lbs
Ex. St. Louis
6"/50 (15.2 cm) Mark 6 and Mark 8 - Common HE after World War I - 7.08 lbs.

Realism aside, I don't understand why the Karlsruhe(with a lower ROF) does 'less' HE damage then the Kuma(with higher ROF). The Karlsruhe certainly doesn't make up for it with any armor. (Even though the Karlsruhe has/had thicker belt armor than the tier 5 Konigsberg and the same/similar deck armor)

They are trying to compensate it with increased AP damage but with poor penetration, its a complete fail.  They do plan in beefing up AP penetration a bit.  

Note IJN cruisers get better HE damage even over the US ones, despite the US using High Capacity shells.

AP/HE damage in the game is actually a  ratio.  Ship with higher HE damage actually has lower AP penetration or AP damage or both and ship with lower HE damage actually has higher AP penetration or damage or both.

Members
252 posts
1,781 battles

AP/HE damage in the game is actually a  ratio.  Ship with higher HE damage actually has lower AP penetration or AP damage or both and ship with lower HE damage actually has higher AP penetration or damage or both.

That's a bit of a narrow view of naval gunnery/naval shells. But this ratio does make sense. It should be HE damage/AP penetration

However, understandable only in the sense that short barreled(low velocity) large caliber shells would be optimal for HE, rather than AP.

(The lower velocity allowed greater HE capacity since the projectile casing didn't have to be as thick to handle higher velocities. Higher velocities 'generally' means less HE capacity) However, some guns are moderate in both areas when it comes to this. And some are designed specifically with long barrels for velocity, range, penetration, etc

Many medium/large caliber naval guns with low velocities were from late 1800s - early 1900s. Less than '40 calibers(L40)' of barrel length.

By the time of WW1, the major navies were already moving towards longer barreled(L40+) high(er) velocity guns.

Post WW1, AP shell design was improving. Better HE was being developed, etc.

The velocity on the 15 cm SK L/45 was approx: 835mps, not quite a low velocity shell, but not ideal for armor penetration either.

The 15cm on the Karlsruhe should get a huge HE buff, along with a small armor penetration buff. (But not near the penetration of the 15 cm SK C/25 on the Konigsberg/Nurnberg)

The velocity on the 15 cm SK C/25 was approx: 950mps (So the Konigsberg/Nurnberg should also get an HE buff, but have a bit less HE damage than the (buffed)Karlsruhe but with much better AP shell penetration)

Members
43 posts
2,554 battles

In co-op I've averaged 39k damage, 59% hit, and 39% torp hit, and that is heavily skewed by some rounds where I could hardly do anything because of lag. This is what I did in my very first round today, and it's completely consistent with what I've come to expect from the Karl.  Maybe I'm just driving a different ship from everybody else.

shot-15.11.05_16.04.06-0668_zpsvth5qdhf.

Members
117 posts
1,583 battles

Co-Op comments aside, the Karlsruhe is the worst ship in its line. All lines/tiers have their best and their worst...someone has to be the best and someone has to be the worst and the Karlsruhe is in the running for the worst. That said, getting into the Königsberg is a dream. One of the best in it's tier and likely the best cruiser at tier 5. 

If you find the grind slow, I'd recommend random battles over Co-Op. The XP is much better and a loss, most of the time, will net you more than a win in Co-Op.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this