You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BooYeah

This carrier matchmaking issue with Tier 10's needs to be fixed.

36 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
8 posts
11,834 battles

Why is this still acceptable? This sort of thing was supposed to be fixed in a patch a few months ago yet this still happens.  I know that the reason is because the Tier 10 can't find a match and I got lumped in to get him out of the queue but why should the lower tier have to deal with that?  

Make the tier 10 wait out the matchmaker as long as it takes so that either he continues to wait or goes back to port and play a different ship.  Don't force low tier carriers to have to deal with this.

Beta Testers
8 posts
11,834 battles

So then why is it allowed to continue.  Certainly this warrants a fix since low tier CV's are at a massive disadvantage against the higher tiers.  

[BAGU]
WoWS Community Contributors
130 posts
7,809 battles

Its to avoid tremendously long wait times for carriers although the difference in this situation is quite large. The original carrier fix actually did what it had to do but the recent tier matchmaking update has made it so you can get only shipd at most two tiers lower.

[CJN]
Beta Testers
719 posts
9,349 battles

1) There are not a lot of players at T10.

2) There are not a lot of carrier players.

3) Waiting how long it takes to correctly match 2 T10 CVs against each other means you will be waiting a long time which most likely will cause you to make a rage post like this one complaining about the wait time for T10 CVs.

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

So, if your solution is used, when you finally unlock the Midway, you will be happy waiting in a 10 minute queue?

[NFLT]
Members
1,936 posts
10,652 battles

I understand matching one CV with an opposing CV, but why must the tiers match? Artillery in WoT is similar to CVs here and WoT doesn't tier match arty... everyone gets the same 2 tier spread. 

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,598 posts
7,430 battles

the 10,000 complaint threads in this forum alone caused it.

Oddly enough the one fix that most of us wanted, the whole...."drop basically ontop of your deck" was never resolved.

This company has a habit of fixing everything BUT the problem you want solved. 

Alpha Tester
17,510 posts

Oddly enough the one fix that most of us wanted, the whole...."drop basically ontop of your deck" was never resolved.

This company has a habit of fixing everything BUT the problem you want solved. 

because auto-drop is a practical definition of useless

that means to be more effective in any CV than an Erie (bot driven) in tier 10 --  you MUST manual drop.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

I understand matching one CV with an opposing CV, but why must the tiers match? Artillery in WoT is similar to CVs here and WoT doesn't tier match arty... everyone gets the same 2 tier spread. 

aircraft carriers are not at all like artillery. Airborne artillery shells don't shoot each other down.

[SYN]
Members
2,861 posts
10,456 battles

because a CV even one tier lower has no chance against a higher tier CV. Simply put, CV's are way way too tier sensitive to be able to handling fighting even another CV just one tier higher. Only case where one lower tier CV even stood a slight chance against a higher tier one, the higher tier CV is AFK, warbeasty, or back before the IJN CV patch, both where pure strike CV's with no fighters on either one. I actualy faced the third situation, I was in a Ryujo against a Shokaku, neither of us had fighters, and i managed to get the drop on him and sink him in a single airstrike. But barring extraordinary circumstances like that, lower tier CV's are worthless against a higher tier one.

[NFLT]
Members
1,936 posts
10,652 battles

because a CV even one tier lower has no chance against a higher tier CV. Simply put, CV's are way way too tier sensitive to be able to handling fighting even another CV just one tier higher. Only case where one lower tier CV even stood a slight chance against a higher tier one, the higher tier CV is AFK, warbeasty, or back before the IJN CV patch, both where pure strike CV's with no fighters on either one. I actualy faced the third situation, I was in a Ryujo against a Shokaku, neither of us had fighters, and i managed to get the drop on him and sink him in a single airstrike. But barring extraordinary circumstances like that, lower tier CV's are worthless against a higher tier one.

Forgive my inexperience, but it seems to me that CVs shouldn't be fighting other CVs. Just like in WoT it is extremely rare to get counter-arty fire going... and arty in WoT generally just picks a spot and sits there the whole match, at least CVs move. 

When I'm driving a light tank and arty is on the map that arty is my #1 priority and my reason for being. It is my job to stealthily slip through the lines and wreck that arty driver before he can rain havoc down on my team from a safe distance. Shouldn't the destroyers be doing that here in WoWS? Arty, on the other hand, doesn't generally worry about other arty. The heavies, in this case BBs, are high on the target list because they are large, slow moving and generally easy to hit. 

If CVs are fighting CVs and leaving the rest of the team out of the battle I believe tactics have gone awry somewhere.

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

ahem - edited

Ah, thank you. I noticed I was missing a few zeroes.

Members
1,179 posts
1,238 battles

So, if your solution is used, when you finally unlock the Midway, you will be happy waiting in a 10 minute queue?

Yes, in the interest of fairness.

[TMTM]
Beta Testers
35 posts
3,286 battles

Then why not match a Midway vs 2 Shokaku? Could this work?

The dual Shokaku would just stack all their squadrons and one shot the midway, there is just no middle ground. T10 CV's just tilt matches extremely hard. Don't have a T10 CV? GG. No if and or buts.

Members
2,072 posts
2,712 battles

WoT artillery don't mess with each others' ability to do damage.

As far as I've seen here, CVs do.

Alpha Tester
17,510 posts

WoT artillery don't mess with each others' ability to do damage.

As far as I've seen here, CVs do.

taken at face value

"counter battery" will be a very unpleasant shock

[SYN]
Members
2,861 posts
10,456 battles

Forgive my inexperience, but it seems to me that CVs shouldn't be fighting other CVs. Just like in WoT it is extremely rare to get counter-arty fire going... and arty in WoT generally just picks a spot and sits there the whole match, at least CVs move. 

When I'm driving a light tank and arty is on the map that arty is my #1 priority and my reason for being. It is my job to stealthily slip through the lines and wreck that arty driver before he can rain havoc down on my team from a safe distance. Shouldn't the destroyers be doing that here in WoWS? Arty, on the other hand, doesn't generally worry about other arty. The heavies, in this case BBs, are high on the target list because they are large, slow moving and generally easy to hit. 

If CVs are fighting CVs and leaving the rest of the team out of the battle I believe tactics have gone awry somewhere.

Problem is, that CV's are the best and perhapse only hard counter to other CV's. Ballteships, Cruiser and Destroyers are only good at countering CV's if the CV makes a mistake. Otherwise, the only hard counter to a CV is another CV.

[NDA]
Beta Testers
5,251 posts
8,893 battles

mayb remove forced cv mm at tier 9+? *hides*

Edited by Wo9
  • Cool 1