Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ambiroa

I paid ... XP to break up with Karl

XP to go to get rid of Karl  

40 members have voted

1. 1. When did you get rid of Karl?

• All of it / After the first game I knew it was crap
    • 12.000 to go
    • 10.000 to go
    • 9.000 / half way
    • 6.000 to go
    • 4.000 or less to go
    • 1.000 because I thought I could hold it out till the end .. NOOOTTT

31 comments in this topic

[NFLT]
Members
1,936 posts
10,652 battles

One look at the ship's stats in the tech tree and I knew it was free XP time... skipped it completely.

Beta Testers
141 posts
1,538 battles

Am I the only one who actually had fun in most of the games I played in it? Yeah my damage was below what I felt I should've been able to do, yeah the speed in the turns felt almost like the Grand Ol' Lady, yeah I died incredibly quickly if I wasn't careful. I still had fun in the games in it I remember however.

Members
267 posts
1,266 battles

Am I the only one who actually had fun in most of the games I played in it? Yeah my damage was below what I felt I should've been able to do, yeah the speed in the turns felt almost like the Grand Ol' Lady, yeah I died incredibly quickly if I wasn't careful. I still had fun in the games in it I remember however.

Yeah, but imagine the things that happened with Karl, in all the games you don't remember anymore :teethhappy:

Beta Testers
141 posts
1,538 battles

Yeah, but imagine the things that happened with Karl, in all the games you don't remember anymore :teethhappy:

Mostly just dying early or getting 400 or less base XP lol. Although those games honestly felt like they were few and far between, or at least after a few games where I felt I did good, Premium time plus the 50% XP Bonus Signal Flag sure did give me more XP per game though so maybe that's why my experience didn't feel so bad. 

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

apparently yes

Members
267 posts
1,266 battles

Apparently the OP never played the Kolberg.

The Karlsruhe is a dream compared to that stench pile.

Of course I did, it's the ship before it .. duhhh, but that one didn't take long to collect the XP. I am now 3000xp away and still thinking "when is it enough?!" haha :teethhappy:

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

I just couldn't stand it after 27 matches that only netted me 17,793XP.

Beta Testers
141 posts
1,538 battles

Apparently the OP never played the Kolberg.

The Karlsruhe is a dream compared to that stench pile.

The Kolberg isn't that bad though. Tier IV it starts to struggle yeah, but it's an improved Dresden. At Tier III the Kolberg can do pretty good. At least in my experience. 

[SIMP]
Members
1,747 posts

The Kolberg isn't that bad though. Tier IV it starts to struggle yeah, but it's an improved Dresden. At Tier III the Kolberg can do pretty good. At least in my experience.

Well you must have been in a different Kolberg than me then - http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/55188-gott-im-himmel-what-is-that-smell/

:(

Beta Testers
141 posts
1,538 battles

Well you must have been in a different Kolberg than me then - http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/55188-gott-im-himmel-what-is-that-smell/

:(

Maybe I just got lucky with MM in the Kolberg and ended up in mostly games that I enjoyed. Though I was annoyed with the low earnings I got. The matches themselves weren't bad most of the time.

[5IN]
Members
1,371 posts
33,735 battles

i kept playing it for days and kept thinking well that was a bad match well try again. After the first few matchs I new it was bad. Alternating between the karlsballs and the ruski boats I made it through 4 tiers on those before I made 4000 credits in the meat tub and I hadn't started the the borsht bins until after I got the balls.

total crap line until the burgs then they seem good.

[-K--]
Beta Testers
4,829 posts

I skipped T4 just because i hate the tier.    

Up to T3 is fine as you rarely see a T5.

Once you hit T4, you see from T3 up to T6 in matches and it becomes painful no matter what tree your in.

Members
1,112 posts
1,111 battles

I think I made it 2 games and quit it. My first game was actually decent as it was a Salem Witch game. I was able to torp a SC and kill two DDs. My next match I died from a Phoenix just straight sniping the piss out of me. I think I hit the damn thing 4 or 5 times.

0 posts

Don't have enough ship slots to spare space for the cruiser line, saddening, but it has to be. 

Members
267 posts
1,266 battles

Don't have enough ship slots to spare space for the cruiser line, saddening, but it has to be. 

Well, you only need that one slot you got with the Hermelin. Sell everything till you have the Konigs. ;)

Members
43 posts
2,554 battles

I play standard PVE because of my poor connection...and I actually like Karl.  Through my first 9 battles (no upgrades) I averaged 37.6k damage, 60% main hit, and 42% torp hit.  My 10th battle would've been my best yet,  but my connection betrayed me.  

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,094 posts
30,874 battles

I don't see this option in the poll:

"When starting the German Cruiser line, I looked ahead at the Tier IV ship's stats and instantly realized how bad it was.  I skipped it completely without even buying the damn ship."

I played Tier I, II, III -> V

[A-D-F]
Members
7,877 posts
43,391 battles

After about 7 battles, I saw it for what it is, and forked the Free XP. First battle in Königsberg, what a difference!

I knew the Köni from the rental days, so I knew to play from distance as she is not a brawler. First battle, 3 kills and 84k damage. Not bad.

Köni is probably a keeper (I have not played anything higher up the KM line, but I doubt they are as good).

I still prefer the Omaha/Murmansk/Furutaka (all my cruiser keepers at T5), but this one is fun too.

WIth skills and upgrades for propulsion protection (Last Stand comes next),  Königsberg can set BBs on fire while running from them, with no problem. A little zig, a little zag, when they fire, while you keep doing the BBQ dance.  

Sign in to follow this