Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Jumaei

Bots and bad ways to make them competitive

5 comments in this topic

[ULS]
Members
1 post
6,226 battles

So your out cruising that brand new DD.  Ever wonder why you can't really playtest it against bots? Are you getting chain engine/rudder sniped?  Honestly, is the best way to make bots competitive is to have them aim for this critical zone?  Is it fairly implemented? It is of course not.  BB's do not suffer chain critical hits to engine/rudder because the bots actually aim different than at cruisers and DD's.

Things that bother me about bots:

1. First shot engine/rudder critical.

2. Ability to repair engine/rudder out of proportion to human players ( I have crit engines on DD 6 times over 30 seconds to watch it repaired entire time.)

3. The ability to 1 shot alpha strike. I have been 1 shot( by gun) on first shot to me T3 Russian DD from the T3 Russian DD 5 times.  Main gun fires 1 shot and I go boom.

4. Planes that take off and land on burning decks ...

Do not get me wrong.  I really did not like the bots at first because they were stupid.  No one wants to play against stupid.  So to fix stupid bots they have given them the ability to screw over certain ship classes. Being engine hit EVERY battle in a DD more than once per battle and normally 5 seconds after repair of first is quite annoying fro ma gameplay perspective.

Any thoughts?

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
812 posts
7,455 battles

yeah most of the real players cant aim as good

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

I try(relative) to aim for the tail end on DDs, it's the weakest spot and making anything DD or otherwise use it's repair is good. Save your smoke for this as a dd...

Sign in to follow this