You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Brutalus_Maximus

Which Camo for Russian DD?

8 comments in this topic

Members
225 posts
791 battles

On my DD if I use camo I have used the Detection camo.  However my Russian DD, as gun spammers, are detected a lot more and I often am simply using speed and movement to avoid fire rather then ambush and smoke to avoid detection.  Considering using the accuracy one instead.  What do you use?

[WOLFG]
[WOLFG]
Members
990 posts
9,588 battles

I've been considering this too. I just unlocked the Gnevny and became painfully aware that even with Advance Fire Training, stealth fire is almost impossible, with such a small window to work with. I think I'm going to switch to the fire evasion camo and see how it goes. 

Members
185 posts
2,427 battles

Use detection for being able to fall out of detection faster when you have to make a run for it. Use it for getting further into range. Use it for easier times being the one who sees an enemy before they see you. 4% harder to hit really isn't much unless you're taking way too much fire.

• Cool 2

[SVER]
Beta Testers
3,811 posts
10,101 battles

I've been using the concealment one but honestly it doesn't seem to do much on my T5, thinking about trying out the other one since as a russian DD you spend most of the match with your

guns going.

[TCAL]
Members
1,227 posts
12,840 battles

Think about how much of the time your DD is detected verses hidden during combat. With short ranged torps you have to get too close for the small change in detectability to help. At lower tiers,the chance of staying hidden is very small while firing guns with a low or mid level commander. While it isn't much, a 4% reduction in enemy hits looks better, to me.

• Cool 1

Members
707 posts
6,036 battles

Hit reduction is more useful from what I can tell. The 3% detection range is pretty useless, doesn't really do anything meaningful. RN DD's are designed to be engaged in long range gun fights anyway so you're always going to be detected more often then not. Hence the higher armour and health. The key is to keep a smaller profile/target and make yourself a more difficult target to hit. Tried both camos in my Iyza and have way more success with hit reduction.

[RUSS]
Members
552 posts
4,391 battles

Evasive fire camo.

Reason: You need to stay at the maximum range and shoot. Torps are useless. As you will be spamming enemy with your 4.5s shots, you will be noticed and fired upon. The reduction in hits helps. Torpedo DDs need hiding camo, Rus Dds got nudz and go into battle.

Edited by xtcmax