Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
bad_arcade_kitty

why isn't 'izyaslav' named 'karl marx'?

27 comments in this topic

Members
4,886 posts

i mean, izy was renamed to karl marx after the revolution and since she sails with an early soviet naval ensign (doesn't it look like the rising sun btw) she should be named karl marx since she is a soviet ship now, not an imperial russian one

-Members-
6,960 posts
10,623 battles

What kind of logic is this? She was built for the Imperial Russian Navy, not the Soviet Navy. According to your logic, ships of the Kaiserliche Marine should have the flag of Nazi Germany, same goes for Spain. 

Members
4,886 posts

What kind of logic is this? She was built for the Imperial Russian Navy, not the Soviet Navy. According to your logic, ships of the Kaiserliche Marine should have the flag of Nazi Germany, same goes for Spain. 

you seem to misread my post

izy has a soviet ensign in the game

why does she have her old name then?

with that name she should sail with the st. andrew flag

[KTKM]
Beta Testers
4,633 posts
4,076 battles

Arcade kitty is referring to this wikipedia page which states that she was eventually at some point renamed to Karl Marx.

As for why she isn't named as such in the game... I think the devs want some sort of authenticity to their design document, rather than their history.

But that leaves some issues like Nagato's upgraded hull is flat out partially from the wrong era and Kongou is actually Hiei's hull. Which makes it to be debated if they are actually going for that angle.

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,231 battles

no...

Just NO

and EVERYONE misreads your posts because your posts.....

OMFG YOUR POSTS!!!!!

STOP!

just STOP!!

PLAY MORE POST LESS...

-Members-
6,960 posts
10,623 battles

Because WG can't get some flags right, such as Kaiserliche Marine ships not having their flags. They are either too lazy or the eons old game engine can't handle it.

[KTKM]
Beta Testers
4,633 posts
4,076 battles

Because WG can't get some flags right, such as Kaiserliche Marine ships not having their flags. They are either too lazy or the eons old game engine can't handle it.

Probably the latter.

The engine is currently already puking up ten billion memory leaks, people've been begging for a complete makeover for a while on the WoT side of things.

-Members-
6,960 posts
10,623 battles

Probably the latter.

The engine is currently already puking up ten billion memory leaks, people've been begging for a complete makeover for a while on the WoT side of things.

The BigWorld engine is from the late 90s, and despite it being an in-house engine which they bought outright, they aren't improving it. Going to a new engine means screwing their own engine and then spending a lot of money on conversion and buying usage rights. 

Seriously though, can't you just attach a flag file to the ship file and you're fine?

Members
4,886 posts

Arcade kitty is referring to this wikipedia page which states that she was eventually at some point renamed to Karl Marx.

As for why she isn't named as such in the game... I think the devs want some sort of authenticity to their design document, rather than their history.

yeah, that's fine, but it doesn't explain why she has a soviet flag together with her pre-revolutionary name...

and an unique one flag too, it seems i have to attach a pic, since some people on this thread already began to discuss that the game engine doesn't allow different flags for one line etc, izy has an unique flag, from left to right, st. andrew flag on derzki, an early soviet flag on izyaslav, the later soviet naval flag on gnevny

UfWrak0.png

-Members-
6,960 posts
10,623 battles

yeah, that's fine, but it doesn't explain why she has a soviet flag together with her pre-revolutionary name...

and an unique one flag too, it seems i have to attach a pic, since some people on this thread already began to discuss that the game engine doesn't allow different flags for one line etc, izy has an unique flag, from left to right, st. andrew flag on derzki, an early soviet flag on izyaslav, the later soviet naval flag on gnevny

UfWrak0.png

I believe your "early Soviet flag" is the flag of the Provisional Government of 1917 which replaced the Tsar but preceeded the October Revolution of 1917.
  • Cool 1

Members
4,886 posts

I believe your "early Soviet flag" is the flag of the Provisional Government of 1917 which replaced the Tsar but preceeded the October Revolution of 1917.

no it's not

it's an early soviet naval flag from 29.08.1924 to 27.05.1935

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_USSR_navy_flags

the white army etc used the st. andrew flag

izyaslav was renamed to karl marx in 1922 btw

Members
701 posts
3,457 battles

I have yet to come across one post or comment by the OP that isnt some kind of complaint or whining about generally trivial things in a VIDEO GAME... you do know this is a game right? Not a company of scholars and professors trying to educate the world on war and government history.... you seem kind of confused about the notion honestly.

[CMFRT]
Alpha Tester
9,364 posts
26 battles

Kongou is actually Hiei's hull

Hiei is a Kongo-class, so your point?

such as Kaiserliche Marine ships not having their flags. 

We've been over this before: Several German states requested WoWS does not use the flag. 

[CMFRT]
Alpha Tester
9,364 posts
26 battles

i mean, izy was renamed to karl marx after the revolution and since she sails with an early soviet naval ensign (doesn't it look like the rising sun btw) she should be named karl marx since she is a soviet ship now, not an imperial russian one

Except the class was still considered Izyaslav even after the name change. Thus, your point is worthless.

[DRACS]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
879 posts
4,851 battles

We've been over this before: Several German states requested WoWS does not use the flag. 

cdf.jpg

[CMFRT]
Alpha Tester
9,364 posts
26 battles

I know, I'm noting how everyone seem to be missing that contrary to the claim of that post, St. Petersburg is going by the entire class

cdf.jpg

Find it for yourself.

[CMFRT]
Alpha Tester
9,364 posts
26 battles

Don't need to, since I'm not the one making the claim.  Source?

Apologies that you don't have the capability to understand the difference between fact and claim. But I suppose it is my duty to enlighten the ignorant.

- The reason there's no  Keiserliche marine flag is because the organization considered radical and is banned in "several German lands!

Follow that post for the specifics.

Members
1,247 posts
6,540 battles

I know, I'm noting how everyone seem to be missing that contrary to the claim of that post, St. Petersburg is going by the entire class

I could be wrong, but the ships in the tech tree are usually the first ship in their respective classes. Incidentally, these first ships usually carry the name of the class. In the case of the Izyaslav, its name changed while the class name didn't.

While I don't really care about which name they pick, other than Karl Marx would be easier for me to pronounce and remember, OP raised an interesting question. The name was changed at some point, and the flag in the game indicates that it was at a point where it should have the later one. 

It's a small anomaly, like the Kongo/Hiei thing, that doesn't really impact anything though. Not like anyone stopped playing over this. I know it didn't affect me anyway~

• Cool 2

[KTKM]
Beta Testers
4,633 posts
4,076 battles

Hiei is a Kongo-class, so your point?

I brought it up because I stated

Which, if it were true for every ship then the designs would be accurate to the lead ship, which in a few select cases isn't the result such as Kongou/Hiei.

I debate, I don't argue. If there are flaws in my points I will bring those to the table as well.

In a way I made a point and shot it down immediately for the sake of validity. Which is what makes me agree to your point of the ship actually referring to the class rather than the namesake ship.

Edited by IKU19

[DRACS]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
879 posts
4,851 battles

Apologies that you don't have the capability to understand the difference between fact and claim. But I suppose it is my duty to enlighten the ignorant.

Follow that post for the specifics.

So interesting that the flag is in the game files alongside the Weimar Republic's Reichsmarineflagge.

The simple fix, then, is to modify the Kaiserlichemarineflagge as was done to the Reichskreigsflagge.  Probably modify the Kaiseradler in the center as was done to the swastika on the KM flag.

[CMFRT]
Alpha Tester
9,364 posts
26 battles

So interesting that the flag is in the game files alongside the Weimar Republic's Reichsmarineflagge.

It's part of the files as a legacy.

The simple fix, then, is to modify the Kaiserlichemarineflagge as was done to the Reichskreigsflagge.  Probably modify the Kaiseradler in the center as was done to the swastika on the KM flag.

We'll see, they should be discussing the specifics for a more satisfactory implementation.

Sign in to follow this