Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DoublelHelix

Finally made it!

4 comments in this topic

Members
7 posts
109 battles

Hey gang,

I've been wanting to check the game out, and recently some co-workers just started playing... I finally broke down. After struggling with some limitations, I set about making it happen last night. I'm a seasoned tanker on the XBOX version. Not a great player, but I do ok... Point being, I already have a good understanding of some fundamentals, some of which translate well to WOWS, such as situational awareness. Other aspects of the game simply don't apply, but I'm pretty comfortable in the WGN universe as a whole.

My first battles have been somewhat of a success. I avoided some of the typical newb behaviours by doing my homework... Training videos, and some great newb guides here in the forum. I've done 8 battles in tier 1, with a pretty decent 75% win rate (I know; it's as much lucky matchmaking as individual skill), but I feel like I get the basics. It hasn't been entirely derp-free though; it the 8th battle I was surprised to have been fined for team-damage. I think I unloaded a good number of shells on a teammate thinking it was an enemy. Gotta work on some of the visual cues, I guess...

One thing is certain. Much like WOT, success comes from knowing and doing your job. IMO, this is one of the most important aspects of any WGN title.

A preemptive apology for the likely collisions and team-damage I might inflict upon you as I learn my way around a bit more.

See you on the field!  (Sorry; force of habit)

Alpha Tester
697 posts
8,544 battles

Great to have in you in WoWS. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

[TCAL]
Members
1,227 posts
12,840 battles

Welcome - and don't feel like the Lone Ranger - I can get tunnel-vision and run into team-mates with the best of them!

Like this: Very Bad Navigating :hiding:

Edited by DarthDon49

Sign in to follow this