You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
UnSuccessFulNOOB

Crappy Players Doing Nothing But Capping

62 comments in this topic

Members
53 posts
978 battles

I'm on a [edited]streak today, I know... but I can't be the only one feeling pissed off with these crappy players going straight for caps. I have been doing AWESOME in my rounds and raising my exp per game and damage per game average... all while lowering my win ratio cause I have been doing this, while losing 90% of todays rounds. The only reason im losing too is because of these carebears doing nothing but capping!

Anyone else having a tough time with these scrubs? Or am I just getting super unlucky with my teams today?

Extra thought: I hope they remove these cap based game modes... you shouldnt be able to win just cause you went around people and avoided a fight for a cap... that's just dumb. Give me some Death Match modes please.

• Cool 1

Members
4,274 posts
4,649 battles

If they're only capping, why are you losing? If you're being capped, why don't you defend cap?

• Cool 8

[KIA]
Members
1,856 posts
7,765 battles

Same way around where all the players go ship hunting rather than capping. 

• Cool 1

Members
208 posts
1,408 battles

Mad cause ignored objectives and lost to players who played the objectives. Seriously? Then say they are the crappy players because they are playing to win, while you're clearly just playing for kills. No I am not mad at players who play the objectives as that's the whole point of objectives. I do get mad at players who ignore cap for kills and cause us to lose, aka players like you.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
583 posts
7,478 battles

If they're only capping, why are you losing? If you're being capped, why don't you defend cap?

^^

Members
53 posts
978 battles

Cant defend all the caps, plus I like my BB, and you dont always get cap defense hits, sometimes you hit and it doesnt reset the cap time... ive tried, believe me I have tried. But you get 2 or more of these ***** in there and there is nothing you can do... never mind your doing 100K+ damage a round, they just run around in the little cap zones until they win.

Of course I am mad at them for this, what is the point in going up the teirs if all your using your ship for is to go from point A to point B... NONE! Use your guns, try killing me, its kind of fun!

[content moderated - profanity]
~DiscoRaptor

• Cool 1

Members
1,247 posts
6,540 battles

try killing me, its kind of fun!

Try winning, it's kind of fun too! :child:

More seriously, the goal is to cap/get more points/kill all enemies. Whatever the means, they beat you even if they didn't fire a shot.

If the enemy always go for cap, why don't you defend it? You will get kills and they won't cap. If you push and people outcap you, don't blame people winning, but blame the lack of defense.

Beta Testers
371 posts
24,635 battles

I'm on a [edited]streak today, I know... but I can't be the only one feeling pissed off with these crappy players going straight for caps. I have been doing AWESOME in my rounds and raising my exp per game and damage per game average... all while lowering my win ratio cause I have been doing this, while losing 90% of todays rounds. The only reason im losing too is because of these carebears doing nothing but capping!

Anyone else having a tough time with these scrubs? Or am I just getting super unlucky with my teams today?

Extra thought: I hope they remove these cap based game modes... you shouldnt be able to win just cause you went around people and avoided a fight for a cap... that's just dumb. Give me some Death Match modes please.

As far as my experience has been, it's VERY rare for a game to end quickly due to capping (Once or twice since I've started playing back in April.). Don't blame your team mates, blame the other team for letting that happen! I believe that you cap when you can, because.....there are wins, there are losses, and then there are......DRAWS. Draws that are caused by players that pass up a chance to cap to go CV chasing, or to go fight a ship they have no business fighting.....either getting sunk in the process or drawn far away from the cap, and no other team mates are close enough, or fast enough to cap the enemy base.....and time runs out. As I always try to remind my team mates, caps before kills, because if the enemy is close enough to get back to defend their base....you'll have plenty of fighting on your hands. 

Edited by LieutenantJebStewart

Members
4,274 posts
4,649 battles

Cant defend all the caps, plus I like my BB, and you dont always get cap defense hits, sometimes you hit and it doesnt reset the cap time... ive tried, believe me I have tried. But you get 2 or more of these shitters in there and there is nothing you can do... never mind your doing 100K+ damage a round, they just run around in the little cap zones until they win.

Of course I am mad at them for this, what is the point in going up the teirs if all your using your ship for is to go from point A to point B... NONE! Use your guns, try killing me, its kind of fun!

If someone's capping, a flank has probably fallen. If you notice a flank's fallen, you should probably go HELP that flank. Winning isn't just about killing people, you have to actually PAY ATTENTION. Don't blame the rest of the team if you can't be bothered to help defend the cap. If you could do something and you don't, then that's your fault the team lost and hence you deserve have your win rate go down.

Members
23 posts
608 battles

I understood, from my WoT experience, that winning by achieving the strategic objective, capping, nets you more, exp and loot.  Has that changed?

• Cool 1

Members
4,274 posts
4,649 battles

I understood, from my WoT experience, that winning by achieving the strategic objective, capping, nets you more, exp and loot.  Has that changed?

Winning generally does, but the more people your team kills, the more reward the team gets.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

what is the point in going up the teirs if all your using your ship for is to go from point A to point B... NONE! Use your guns, try killing me, its kind of fun!

The point is, the enemy is supposed to try and stop you going from A to B.....

Edited by Skpstr

Beta Testers
88 posts
618 battles

I can certainly relate to this thread as I had just won a game by capping. Both teams had their flank fallen, I start capping alongside an Aoba, but the carriers started bombing us to reset.The Aoba eventually sank and for quite a while I was alone desperately trying to keep cap points and avoiding planes. I had no idea what the other team was doing as they were already on our side but not capping. They had so many chances to cap unopposed. Friendly Colorado and Hiryuu then arrive and started blowing planes out of the sky. I got reset so many times that they had almost 7 minutes to cap us out but instead they were doing who knows what on our side of the map for those 7 minutes.

[_CIA_]
Members
371 posts
5,428 battles

I fully believe in capping, when doing so safely, without costing us ships. Capping = winning as far as i'm concerned. It also means all my gain in the battle is going to count for more. Losing sucks and lowers the value of all the damage and kills I caused, so cap away, safely.

Members
53 posts
978 battles

I fully believe in capping, when doing so safely, without costing us ships. Capping = winning as far as i'm concerned. It also means all my gain in the battle is going to count for more. Losing sucks and lowers the value of all the damage and kills I caused, so cap away, safely.

So just so you know, I'm still gaining nearly 2k exp a loss, and my win loss ratio today is like 1:10...

When you play a Nagato, you move like a Nagato... meaning 25 knots when moving in straight lines... most of my games end up with me going in a straight line, getting halfway to the cap zone, and losing cause a DD or fast Cruiser is already in ours... I can try to shoot them but I will probably miss cause the Nagato spread is pretty substantial.

Sometimes neither side actaully falls, its simply that one guy who slips around... If a side falls I'll go back and try to stop them, but between poor accuracy and 30s reloads, not a whole lot I can do unfortunately. If the game was like it was a month ago where capping is just for points over time instead of winning for owning all points, then there would be no problem and I would be happily shooting the foolish destroyers who get too close to my 41cm guns... but instead they arent getting close... they are base capping for easy wins...

I HAVENT EVEN DIED TO TORPS YET TODAY! DDs arent doing their jobs (if this was realistic... sorry but if this was war I would give a rats [edited]that your in a certain section of the sea...)

Alpha Tester
1,997 posts
2,336 battles

He might be losing because his team blobs the cap too early in the match and gets torn apart from two sides by the enemy that was still close enough to defend? I've seen that a few times myself. I think my desk has a permanent dent from where i pound my face into it. 

Members
1,211 posts
4,330 battles

If I see OP's name in any game I'm going for cap, baby!  :playing:

Yesterday I got a cap without firing or receiving a shot because none of the destroyers ventured or guarded the gap up the middle between the islands.  I never saw a ship the whole time I was in the cap zone.  Tick, tick tick...  The enemy was way ahead in ships killed, and they lost.  HAHA!!!  :medal:

[YARRR]
Members
735 posts
5,955 battles

The point being missed here is that an early win by capping flies in the face of the reality of the in game economy, that is, you make more money by doing damage and sinking ships, than you do just for a win without doing damage to the enemy. And we all know that you need to make in game currency to advance up the tiers.

This is my problem with people capping early for the win only.  Wins alone don't make money, and this game is all about making the cash to advance.

Wins don't pay, damaging the enemy does.

If you want to see this kind of behavior stop, the first thing to do is get rid of stats, or change the in game economy so that winning actually pays more than damage farming.

Members
208 posts
1,408 battles

if this was war I would give a rats [edited]that your in a certain section of the sea...

If you we're in a real war and your fleet was in port and the enemy fleet was blockading said port, you might care where in the sea the enemy ships were. Just saying, there are strategic places for fleets and ships to be.