Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
suleiman71

Have I misread or misunderstood the definition of a Devastating Strike?

11 comments in this topic

-Members-
6,960 posts
10,623 battles

So from my understanding, you get the "Devastating Strike" achievment when you lob half or more of the health out of an opponent in one salvo. I did 22k damage in one salvo to an Atago last round, which is over half the HP of the ship, but did not recieve the achievment.

Have I misread the definition?

-Members-
6,960 posts
10,623 battles

I think you have to have a Critical Citadel hit to achieve it.  not just half the HP.

I double citadeled the Atago.

[-LMS-]
Beta Testers
396 posts
11,578 battles

I had a in game notification and award symbol at game end for a "Devastating Strike"  and a "Double Kill".   I received the flags for the Double Kill, but not for the Devastating Strike.   I watched to see if it would pop up later, but nothing came up.   I believe it tallied the achievement, but no flag.   

Perhaps it recently was broken or nerfed.

Alpha Tester
1,635 posts
9,525 battles

I had a in game notification and award symbol at game end for a "Devastating Strike"  and a "Double Kill".   I received the flags for the Double Kill, but not for the Devastating Strike.   I watched to see if it would pop up later, but nothing came up.   I believe it tallied the achievement, but no flag.   

You can only get the flags once per day IIRC

And as others have said, the ship must die for devastating strike.

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

You don't get flags for Devastating Strike.

Beta Testers
659 posts
3,518 battles

The enemy must be sunk in a single salvo of shells or torpedoes to be a Devastating Strike. 

And with a minimum of 50 % damage dealt of total shipshealth

Sign in to follow this