You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Henry_J_Gloval

Is there a penalty for TKing a pink?

13 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts

I got pinked for tking recently. I admit I lost my cool and broadsided a friendly. So, i accepted the penalty and that was it. Couple of games later, without incident except for a collision on my fuso and a BB which is still considered attacking a team mate, a friendly DD torped me at the start of the game and I didn't even do anything. My question will the DD get penalized for TKing me or is being a pink fair game to anyone without penalty.

Beta Testers
408 posts
2,508 battles

A TK  in any form is penalised. As a pink player you might gain unwanted attention, don't get mad and ride it out.. 

Edited by Patriot_games_1
  • Cool 1

[KTKM]
Beta Testers
4,633 posts
4,076 battles

think it contributes to your team damage count so if you do it enough you'll eventually become pink as well, but I haven't had time to confirm or deny this yet.

Not that I see many pinkies, I saw one in my entire WoWS experience since CBT. I saw TKers and I've been TKed but usually those get sunk by teammates fairly quickly.

Members
113 posts
1,120 battles

If you shoot a pink enough, you turn pink as well. I recall a game where a couple of moron St. Louis players shot at each other until both were pink, and eventually one sunk himself with reflected damage.

[NHK]
Alpha Tester
114 posts
9,267 battles

Unlike in Tanks, where shooting/killing a player on your own team who has turned Blue (their version of turning Pink) merits NO TK penalty, killing a player who has turned Pink on your own team in Warships DOES come with the same penalty as shooting/killing any other member of your own team. 

[SALVO]
Members
28,053 posts
41,602 battles

My suggestion for a player who turns pink would be to go play some games in co-op mode until you've no longer pink.  There might be less chance of getting TK'd yourself, and getting out of pink status might be easier.

[A-D-F]
Members
7,877 posts
43,391 battles

So, TK is blue on blue fire?

Yes, Team Killing.

Bad form.

[WGARC]
Members
3 posts
1,751 battles

I played a match the other day where a 3 member team were all pink.  I was glad they were on the opposing team.

Members
204 posts
4,698 battles

What about those who do it on purpose? I got torp'd at startup buy a guy in pink, his name was teamkiller<something>, almost seems like he's bragging about it. I think he is doing it on purpose, not by accident or just losing his cool one time.

[Edit to add/explain] I know there is still a penalty, what I am asking is if anyone does anything about players like that.

Edited by grogh

Alpha Tester
17,510 posts

What about those who do it on purpose? I got torp'd at startup buy a guy in pink, his name was teamkiller<something>, almost seems like he's bragging about it. I think he is doing it on purpose, not by accident or just losing his cool one time.

[Edit to add/explain] I know there is still a penalty, what I am asking is if anyone does anything about players like that.

send replay to AlsoRobots

Members
204 posts
4,698 battles

send replay to AlsoRobots

Thank you for answering.

I googled up how to send a replay and discovered i needed to enable replays first. I did so and I'll forward a replay if I run across it again.

Thanks again!