You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Captain_scarlet_1961

asia server for WoWS is stuffed

23 comments in this topic

Members
27 posts
28 battles

Well the asia server has ignored the feedback and now there are very little toons on.

Just b4 I left I had 16 losses in a row which is what made me jump and one match with 4 afk just on my team - have the pics if anyone is interested

So the Aussies are leaving in droves and starting accounts on the NA servers where we are told there are less bots, afk's and just plain useless toons

the bots on asia are better than a lot of toons

take my advice and stay away

• Cool 1

[AA-DS]
Members
979 posts

Suffice it to say the grass is NOT always greener on the other side.

Edited by daffy678

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

Yeah the game hasn't seemed to of done so well on that server, NA could use more players so I for one welcome any and all. Especially from down under.

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
17,510 posts

So the Aussies are leaving in droves and starting accounts on the NA servers where we are told there are less bots, afk's and just plain useless toons

we have many posters who would take exception with your sources :trollface:

Members
96 posts

Sadly to tell you that Asia Server had lot of pre stuff and premium stuff you all don't have in here. Also with lots of Premium codes.

Regards.

A patriotic WoWS players from ASIA.

[BLACK]
Beta Testers
30 posts
7,312 battles

Sadly to tell you that Asia Server had lot of pre stuff and premium stuff you all don't have in here. Also with lots of Premium codes.

Regards.

A patriotic WoWS players from ASIA.

Thats ok I would rather have less bots and afkers and better fights than stuff we cant get here(yet)

[SYN]
Members
3,775 posts
25,424 battles

I play on the Asian server and happily haven't had the same experience that the OP has had, Rarely have AFKer's in a game, however I have no idea how to recognise a bot so can't comment on that.

Was thinking of starting on NA server as chat seems a lot livelier than asia from what I've seen on youtube (not a criticism this is just due to the large contingent of non English speaking players). Not looking to switch but run both.

[-JEDI]
Alpha Tester
2,667 posts
8,151 battles

Well the asia server has ignored the feedback and now there are very little toons on.

Just b4 I left I had 16 losses in a row which is what made me jump and one match with 4 afk just on my team - have the pics if anyone is interested

the bots on asia are better than a lot of toons

take my advice and stay away

By any chance is Asia Server for WOWS merged with Mainland China server for WOWS, if yes then I can see how it can drive the Asian playerbase in WOWS Asia server mad

Members
289 posts
756 battles

It might be that with the special event running, we need two separate clients to play on NA server.

The client versions are out of sync (both are 0.5.0.3, but I get a "Server version is older than client" error).  I WANT to play in the event, but don't have the capacity to download a second game version.

Beta Testers
297 posts
3,568 battles

YEah i moved over here was in Beta test on that server and NA server Asian server the worse gaming server i think i've ever played on and thats incudling tanks as well.

At least people use team work on NA!!!

Asian server like a freaken boat show with headless chickens

and don't get me started on Blueliners

Edited by stickdeath1980

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

By any chance is Asia Server for WOWS merged with Mainland China server for WOWS, if yes then I can see how it can drive the Asian playerbase in WOWS Asia server mad

I'm going to guess no. Probably same as WoT, where a Chinese company licenses the server for use in China only. They get some different stuff on there. They have (or had) a gold-plated buffed Type 59 that costs $200 equivalent, if I remember the price correctly. Apparently, even the Chinese hate that much pay to win, and were TKing them whenever they appeared in matches lol.

-Members-
6,960 posts
10,623 battles

I'm surprised SEA can still get 15k peaks. Let's welcome the good people coming from there though. 

[NFLT]
Members
1,936 posts
10,652 battles

I suggested a quick fix for bots and chronic AFKers in WoT a long time ago that would also work against really terrible players, but nobody ever listens.

Institute a "no activity, no reward" system. If you go through a match with no damage, no spotting and no cap points then you get no XP and no credits. You didn't take any action to help your team achieve victory so why should you be rewarded? Yes, this will occasionally punish some unlucky soul who was obliterated in the opening seconds of the match, but it's a small price to pay to keep the bots and baddies away.

Members
96 posts

That will be impossible, WoWS Asia server is in Singapore not in Mainland China, there maybe a chances that Mainland China will be getting their own server since

there lots of request been implemented.

I'm surprised SEA can still get 15k peaks. Let's welcome the good people coming from there though.

We just reach 17k peaks just now.

YEah i moved over here was in Beta test on that server and NA server Asian server the worse gaming server i think i've ever played on and thats incudling tanks as well.

At least people use team work on NA!!!

Asian server like a freaken boat show with headless chickens

and don't get me started on Blueliners

Not all Asian Naval Commanders are sux you need to know who you are playing with and who to division with.

I play on the Asian server and happily haven't had the same experience that the OP has had, Rarely have AFKer's in a game, however I have no idea how to recognise a bot so can't comment on that.

Was thinking of starting on NA server as chat seems a lot livelier than asia from what I've seen on youtube (not a criticism this is just due to the large contingent of non English speaking players). Not looking to switch but run both.

Depend sometime we have AFK or even Bots but that happen mostly during midnights where most of the Naval Commanders doze of during in battle.

Regards.

A Patriotic WoWS Players

Edited by captain_mikes

Beta Testers
297 posts
3,568 battles

That will be impossible, WoWS Asia server is in Singapore not in Mainland China, there maybe a chances that Mainland China will be getting their own server since

there lots of request been implemented.

We just reach 17k peaks just now.

Not all Asian Naval Commanders are sux you need to know who you are playing with and who to division with.

Depend sometime we have AFK or even Bots but that happen mostly during midnights where most of the Naval Commanders doze of during in battle.

Regards.

A Patriotic WoWS Players

Yeah the team work involed was go to Blueline shoot,talk in funny boxes and poi

Members
96 posts

Yeah the team work involed was go to Blueline shoot,talk in funny boxes and poi

If you watch KC [Kancolle Collections] you will know what the meaning of POI, as for the Box on the chat, there are other languages not a box you wanna know simply go to game launcher before start the game switch to Chinese or Japanese and you will see what they type inside when you enter the game for the blueline yes i argree either there no teamwork or just blueline like skilleless at all!

Regards.

A Patriotic WoWS Players

Beta Testers
297 posts
3,568 battles

If you watch KC [Kancolle Collections] you will know what the meaning of POI, as for the Box on the chat, there are other languages not a box you wanna know simply go to game launcher before start the game switch to Chinese or Japanese and you will see what they type inside when you enter the game for the blueline yes i argree either there no teamwork or just blueline like skilleless at all!

Regards.

A Patriotic WoWS Players

Poi in my part of the Land means Ball so them saying Ball Ball at the start of a game if really fucken werid let alone the amount of time's i've played tryed talking to team and nothing comes out stop defending that server bro it's one of the worse i've ever played in my life and i've played alot of game's my man.

THERE IS NO TEAM WORK OR communication on that freakn server if you enjoy it good on ya but alot of my Clan and friend's have moved to NA because there's a thing called team work and communication at a start of a game

Beta Testers
408 posts
6,981 battles

For those curious about Mainland China server... I frequently post in a very popular China Website so I could tell something about it.

They would be like private server just as Mainland version WOT, with their own economy and own premium ship and such. Even the version would lag behind the WG official server. I don't know the english name of that licensed company, though the mere name of that company can irritate many China players. There are a lot of funny history regarding the WOT China version.

Most of the Mainland players only choose to play on the Private server because their network is too bad without purchasing a VPN services. Most of them actually prefer to play in Asia server if the connection is acceptable for them.

But then some IT pro just found some evidence (or lack of it? Not an expert in the field) showing some MYSTERIOUS FORCE FROM THE EAST are manipulating the connection from China area to SEA server...who knows? Nothing is impossible in the Great China. 

And regarding the Asia server, from what those China player said, most of the high tier battle are packed with Chinese...or at least Chinese speaking players. If you type Chinese in the chat channel asking who is Chinese most likely you will get feedback from over 70% of both team players. Blueline hugger sounds more severe there, and some people actually DEFEND this tactics saying it's totally acceptable and reasonable to hug the blueline. (As a side note, the Mainland licensed company actually say it in the official site that Blueline Hugging is a great tactics to avoid enemy fire and torps). Players always complain, especially in the high tier battle, that BB rarely push the line and just shoot each other from 20km, and the CA who dare to get close for a fight would quickly draw the fire from most BB, effectively deleting him before he can react. Well that could explain the much lower ave. damage of CA on Asia server.

But Bots and AFK? As far as I know they are not on the frequently complaint list. mostly it is about TKer, blueling hugger, arguing like eighth-grade child, and teammate just won't cooperate and push the line.

Anyway, the more I read the post in Chinese forum, the more I believe I've made the wisest choice when I was facing the option of joining Asia server or NA server.

Members
1,210 posts
3,527 battles

SEA sucks, I left all my tier 6 and 7 ships there to rot and moved to NA. Less lag and bots, gameplay slightly better.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
3,775 posts
25,424 battles

Just a general question in relation to comments, how can you tell if a ship is a Bot?

Members
96 posts

Just a general question in relation to comments, how can you tell if a ship is a Bot?

You can different shape a bot by seeing it main batteries just move only instead of aiming and shooting it.

Regards.

A patriotic WoWS players from ASIA

Edited by captain_mikes

Members
96 posts

Poi in my part of the Land means Ball so them saying Ball Ball at the start of a game if really fucken werid let alone the amount of time's i've played tryed talking to team and nothing comes out stop defending that server bro it's one of the worse i've ever played in my life and i've played alot of game's my man.

THERE IS NO TEAM WORK OR communication on that freakn server if you enjoy it good on ya but alot of my Clan and friend's have moved to NA because there's a thing called team work and communication at a start of a game

Yes i enjoy on being there, but also sometime will get frustratrated due to noobs, blue line and afk  anyway i am enjoying there.

Regards.

A patriotic WoWS players from ASIA