Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DarthDon49

Weekend Bonus - Advice for Thursday night

13 comments in this topic

[TCAL]
Members
1,227 posts
12,840 battles

Again, the NA server shorted me. I got 2 X for only two of my ships today. I should know by now, don't play on Thursday night after 7:59 PM. You have been warned!

• Cool 1

Members
185 posts
2,427 battles

Again, two of your ships wound up with four opportunities for an x2 game during a three-day event. If by chance I don't play Thursday night, he extra x2 is nice. Otherwise, I'm going to get more xp and (especially) credits by playing my ships than by holding off for an additional x2. You aren't being cheated out if anything, and the phenomenon is well-known.

[-K-]
Supertest Coordinator, Alpha Tester, WoWS Community Contributors, Wiki Editor
6,528 posts
28,456 battles

I've gotten into the habit of playing my favorite ship only on Thursdays.  It's kind of a nice change of pace, at the expense of possibly not finishing the other x2's (I don't get home until 1 hour before reset Friday nights)

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

Again, two of your ships wound up with four opportunities for an x2 game during a three-day event. If by chance I don't play Thursday night, he extra x2 is nice. Otherwise, I'm going to get more xp and (especially) credits by playing my ships than by holding off for an additional x2. You aren't being cheated out if anything, and the phenomenon is well-known.

The problem isn't the extra exp, it's that WG is using a retarded system of implementing the bonuses. They should either give a double bonus (Normal one at Thursday reset + a 2x at whenever that starts) or just have the even start at a reset, instead of this crap.
Edited by issm

[-BWS]
Beta Testers
1,896 posts
13,918 battles

Yesterday(Thursday) was a weird night. One battle to Phantom CVs resulted in a loss when the chips were down the Phantom ran into the middle, then the other one. wthphantom Drivers in our game were not good. They did not concentrate the trop and bomber strikes at all, sent them out willy nilly. Also there were like 15,000 on last night. but after the patch the LAG was not as bad

Beta Testers
95 posts
1,198 battles

I play a little at night not knowing what time if I'm able to play during the day the next day. And the reset always screws me because I play on the ships I want to play at night right after reset.

I never understood these wacky time WG likes to reset everything for us NA players. It's illogical.

[A-M-F]
Beta Testers
578 posts
3,090 battles

Cheated out of .5 extra modifier on exp....  play a match and you make up for that. This really is a first world problem.

• Cool 1

[TCAL]
Members
1,227 posts
12,840 battles

If that is true, then, if any of your ships still have a bonus after around 7 PM, don't play them so they will get an extra 2 X. Just play your other ships. The fact that the Friday 2 X starts for them in the AM (It was not there at 11 PM Thursday), and not the others is messed up.

[TCAL]
Members
1,227 posts
12,840 battles

Cheated out of .5 extra modifier on exp....  play a match and you make up for that. This really is a first world problem.

It is the principle of the thing, just like with being short changed at the market.

Alpha Tester
1,178 posts
4,895 battles

But if its activating at the correct time listed by wargaming then they did nothing wrong and it was advertised as such. If you want to work the system.to get an extra 2x go ahead thats your perogative. I myself have given up on such activities by have 30+ vehicles in tanks as it would take all day to get thos done leaving no time for fun. Im already close to 20 ships.

Members
185 posts
2,427 battles

It is the principle of the thing, just like with being short changed at the market.

They advertised a weekend event with bonus xp modifiers for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. One per day. That's three for the weekend. Why people come on and complain that they get extra bonuses only on some ships is beyond me, I guess. "Fixing" the server reset times or bonus activation times as complainers requestwill result in fewer opportunity ities for an x2 game, which is counterproductive to their desire.

Members
892 posts

Again, the NA server shorted me. I got 2 X for only two of my ships today. I should know by now, don't play on Thursday night after 7:59 PM. You have been warned!

Will it strike again!!!!

Beta Testers
180 posts
2,572 battles

Utoh you brought up the topic again. There will be butthurts all over. The real problem is that bonuses don't start at the time stated. They start at now 8pm EST. The people that always cry when people bring this up are the ones that have learned to cheat the system to get 4 bonuses on a weekend. The ones that cry about the .5 difference are just morons, since there have been up to x5 events in the past. Lest I forget about the other group; the 'I don't have a problem with it'. The mid week x3 bonus was available after the 8pm EST reset. The stated time was 12 hours earlier. If you logged in and had the times 3 bonus then you simply didn't win a match since the reset the night before. That is where people are playing the system to get the extra bonuses on the weekends. Instead of having an entire day to achieve the bonus, NA server is crippled into having to do it after the 8pm reset. 

I've stopped trying to bring this up due to all the forum trolls.

Sign in to follow this