You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kitsunelegend

A break is needed...

20 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

I think I've reached the point where I've gotten burned out on this game... I'll hope into port and just....sit there looking at my ships but not really have the urge to play them.... (staring at the ships is actually somewhat enjoyable for me though because they look so pretty. :) Thank you ship modelers!)

So yeah....pretty much think I need to take a step back for a while and not play this game for a bit, at least until WG gets off their @$$ and releases the Mikasa. :sceptic: (and here is where everyone says they aint gonna miss me lol)

Anyone else feel like this lately...? I mean, I know we just got new ships, and I honestly thought it would renew my urge to play this game, but I just cant barely bring myself to hit the battle button.... Maybe its the lack of map and game mode diversity (seriously, I've been getting North and Solomon islands almost every single time I play....do they disable maps at certain times of day or something? Wth? )

Anyway, just thought I'd write something and see if any of ya'll are feeling the same way....

• Cool 1

Banned
3,836 posts

Considerign the type of game WG games are (for the Achievement hunter/killer player type crowds -full explanation in video)

burn out is normal.

it happens often.

so take a break and i'll look for when you return =)

• Cool 2

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles

Play other games.  I got that other game that will go unmentioned and I like to fly in it and oddly I do pretty dang well in that game for an old f#rt.  I got WoT but I am pretty much burned out on it.  Not because of the game....it's because many of the players over there I honestly think are nuts. 

Go to the library.

Take a walk in the rain.

Hike across the country

Ha...whatever.  

Life is more than damn video games.  

[Y0L0K]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
621 posts
12,447 battles

Nope. It's called over-saturation. Marginal gains. If you eat one piece of cake, you enjoyed it more that your fifth piece.

Members
341 posts
1,820 battles

I got burned out on it to. Went played other games for 2 weeks and then came right on back lol. Hopefully we see you again soon to. And hopefully with a shinny new Mikasa in your port!

[Y0L0K]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
621 posts
12,447 battles

Considerign the type of game WG games are (for the Achievement hunter/killer player type crowds -full explanation in video)

burn out is normal.

it happens often.

I can't agree with this more.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

Don't you have other games to play?

Not until Fallout 4 gets released! ;D

But yeah I have a few. Just stating I was getting burned out on this game as I'm sure some other people might be as well. (which this forums is for)

burn out is normal.

it happens often.

Very interesting video.... I can kind of see WG's game being more like the way he said CoD was....which makes even more sense as to why I got burned out lol

I'll probably still stalk lurk the forums but probably wont boot the game up unless for a major update or something.

Lol I wish I had the free time to get burned out....

I have barely any free time as well with work and family stuff, however, I've been playing this game since about the second quarter of the CBT, and I'm just now getting burned out on it, so you might still get there yet lol

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

My kids have me on a Minecraft Story Mode kick, but yeah I feel you.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

My kids have me on a Minecraft Story Mode kick, but yeah I feel you.

Minecraft Story mode? Oh you poor poor soul... :(

Banned
2,229 posts
11,923 battles

Healthy to take a break.  Not as healthy to always be thinking of what next game to play that can provide a higher entertainment value which I'm not saying the OP would do (not pointing fingers), but many players do.  The universe works in your favor the more you work toward balance.  I always encourage players to make sure they are incorporating physical and mental fitness activities, face-to-face social interaction, and skill-based self-improvement to make sure you stay economically viable.  Just like the more you play the game and climb up the tiers you will experience diminishing returns, likewise will a person's quality of life experience diminishing returns the more they invest in entertainment.

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,598 posts
7,430 battles

I got to the Hipper, love it...it's the rest of the game and it's problems that are turning me off.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

I have barely any free time as well with work and family stuff, however, I've been playing this game since about the second quarter of the CBT, and I'm just now getting burned out on it, so you might still get there yet lol

For sure I will eventually. Just will take awhile, and when I do, well, there's always WoT and WT :)

Alpha Tester
17,510 posts

For sure I will eventually. Just will take awhile, and when I do, well, there's always WoT and WT :)

if you have a cuttin edge or better rig

consider

Elite Dangerous

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,338 posts
23,708 battles

I tend to have a main game with several secondary games and reserve games. Rotate the main game and you will avoid burn out. It also helps to have plans for future games.

Right now my active games are:

Main:

World of Warships

Archage

Secondary:

Armored Warfare

World of Tanks

Star wars Battlefront.

Reserve:

Ultimate General Gettysburg

and many others.

Future:

Dreadnaught

Star Citizen

Total War Arena

Helliborne

So any way play a secondary game at least once a week. Play a reserve game at least once a month.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

if you have a cuttin edge or better rig

consider

Elite Dangerous

FX-6300, 2Gb HD7790 and 4Gb RAM? I'm thinking not lol.