You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

Hermelin or Orlan?

18 comments in this topic

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles

In the crazy world of tier 1 do you prefer the Hermelin or the Orlan?

I call it crazy cause I just played it in the Hermelin.  We lost.  I had 1 kill and was #1 in damage but only 1 other ship on my team got a kill and the rest did under 100 in damage.  Stomp fest!  Dice roll at that level but can be fun sometimes.  I got a team that thought they were the Light Brigade.....charge!  Cannon to the right of them.  Cannon to the left of them. Cannon in front of them.  Volleyed and thundered. There's not to reason why.  There's but to do and die!  Ha

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles

Both are good. I liked both equally well. sorry no help.

Well that says something actually.  You like em both.  That's helpful.  I am leaning toward the Hermelin. Seems a bit more potent and she can REALLY turn fast.
Edited by dmckay

Members
267 posts
1,266 battles

Between those those, I would chose the Orlan, simply because I hit more with the same amount of shells fired.

Alpha Tester
697 posts
8,544 battles

I lean slightly to the Orlan. The Hermelin is to easy to citadel. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,373 battles

Between those those, I would chose the Orlan, simply because I hit more with the same amount of shells fired.

Agreed.

In addition to the slight speed advantage, the shells seemed to hit a LOT harder and felt more accurate as well.  Only downside was that it seemed to take damage more easily than any other tier 1, so it's best to treat it as a glass cannon.

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles

For fun and all I kinda like to play tier 1@2.  I got the Erie pretty well upgraded and she is good.  Just trying to figure out if there is another tier 1 that can do well against both tier 1 and 2 ships.  Ya, I do notice those German gunboats go down pretty easy but they seem to maneuver very well. 

Members
56 posts

Agreed.

In addition to the slight speed advantage, the shells seemed to hit a LOT harder and felt more accurate as well.  Only downside was that it seemed to take damage more easily than any other tier 1, so it's best to treat it as a glass cannon.

Beat me to it, also agreed. 

Members
2,632 posts
10,276 battles

I lean towards Orlan, because I erased a Hermelin with 3 citadels once and haven't been able to match that in the Teutonic party barge.

Members
5,165 posts
60 battles

For fun and all I kinda like to play tier 1@2.  I got the Erie pretty well upgraded and she is good.  Just trying to figure out if there is another tier 1 that can do well against both tier 1 and 2 ships.  Ya, I do notice those German gunboats go down pretty easy but they seem to maneuver very well. 

Erie with the 6" guns, right?

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

I used AP with both and lvl'd out in 3 games for both.     multiple kill in each game.   ton of citadels.   can't say which I favor since I lvl'd out so quick.    I believe the orlan was better, but pretty close.

Beta Testers
132 posts
2,945 battles

Id say the Hermelin, because this happened:

tQzHqYb.jpg

Od7YEmW.jpg

Nidy3Up.jpg

Yeah...   So this thing and AP lets me kill another Herme or Orlan in about 2 salvos....

On paper the Orlan is just as good, but i find the Hermelin gets more citadel penetrations.  Call it anecdotal if you want.

Members
5 posts
1,531 battles

I like the Orlan a whole lot more. I feel like it is more agile. I just played a round with the Orlan, got 4 destroyer kills. dodges torpedo with ease, and the cruisers can't hit me.

[BKB]
Members
1 post
5,508 battles

It is a tough call, but prefer the Orlan once you have enough points to increase the range of the guns by 20%. Stand off by 10KM and start dodging while returning fire. You be surprised how long one can last with 4 ships firing at you. 

Members
3,352 posts
3,059 battles

The yacht is better, has more armor.

I have IFHE on both now that Tier 1 ships only have HE now.