Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
baxter_105

Carriers launching planes when under close bombardment

5 comments in this topic

Members
500 posts
2,381 battles

Hi all, 

I have only 50 battles so I may not understand what the game play is regarding carriers and launching planes.

The other day, I was astern of a carrier and blazing away. I was dropping HE on the carrier's flight deck. I was hitting the deck with almost every shot and the carrier as on fire; yet, I am pretty sure it was able to launch torpedo bombers.

Is this correct behavior for a carrier under close attack from a cruiser?

Edited by baxter_105

Supertest Coordinator
7,223 posts
14,450 battles

Any aircraft in mid-launch when the fire occurs (actually taking off) will take off. Any further take offs and landings will be stopped until the fire goes away.

Members
1,817 posts
9,029 battles

Any aircraft in mid-launch when the fire occurs (actually taking off) will take off. Any further take offs and landings will be stopped until the fire goes away.

But I've also seen several times when carrier is set on fire (even x2), her squadron still managed to land.

They came after she was set on fire and she didn't use her consumable

there might be a possibility of bug

Supertest Coordinator
7,223 posts
14,450 battles

The landing sequence once they start landing cannot be aborted either.its 10 seconds in reverse.

[X-PN]
Beta Testers
792 posts
13,541 battles

Yup, seen this in action several times and its a part of the game. Just keep doing what you were doing and keep it on fire. It you come across 2CVs, remember to cycle between the two of them to effectively take them both out of the fight. I've lost many battles because one of our remaining ships comes across the opposing CVs but focuses on only one while the other launches a squadron or 2 and takes him out. Play smart ;)

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this