Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
headbraker

New Mexico opinion

57 comments in this topic

Members
8 posts

Hi all,

I wanted to say its total trash and toilet ship compared to same lvl bb's . Fuso for example - 10x better guns . I've been playing against them and they just rip away easily my all hp, and it doesnt matter that im in 60 degree against him . Still pens and takes tons of hp . I have my mexico maxed and my AP's fly like shorties shotgun bullets . They just doesnt hit anything . HE's do something but still trash compared to fuso's AP's . im not gonna even say what happens when i need to play against some VII,VIII bb's which happens a lot . I even think that New York is tons better than Mexico . I managed to get like 31k dmg from AP's with new york with full broadside (personal vid- /watch?v=6Pu96JGnwz0 (1:05) ) . It's srsly better . 

Please buff New Mexico in some way because it SUCKS right now :)

Edited by headbraker

Members
191 posts
5,565 battles

I do not play BB's a lot but I did well in mine at the time. It didn'the seem underpowered, it did seem under armored a bit. Cruisers can tear them up pretty good with HE, but if you play properly you can sink a couple of them before they get you. 

Members
8 posts

believe me, im not that terrible noob . I was feeling awsome with new york. Had tons good matches and it was fine all the time but with New Mexico its jsut opposite . The guns...they feel so bad on mexico . 

Edited by headbraker

Members
10 posts
3,429 battles

New Mexico is a great ship!  All you have to do is get in the enemy's face and punch him in the nose.  If you are hanging back at max range in the Mex, you will likely die a fiery death.  Get up close, take hits...or bounce them...take out the enemy BBs support cruisers, then face hug the enemy BB to death.

Members
348 posts
591 battles

Mby it is close quarters ship , idk . Dont worry , i play on other acc .

Name it and I'll believe you.

Members
892 posts

Get some more captain skills and upgraded she's a dream boat, I've been so close to selling her since I'm on NC now to pay for some other ships but just cannot press that button. My best games normally 100k+ damage my worse games maybe 40k but it's the 21kts speed where you have to make a commitment or disengage that can be a big difference. She is beastly though and a brawler, I've had many a DD skipper close on her just to get one shot from a turret or two using AP plus secondary's, Cleveland's also seem to think your good firewood than BOOP...deleted LOL, love that ship...:izmena:

[OLDSK]
Beta Testers
431 posts
10,675 battles

Wait, going from tier 5 to tier 6 where players might be more experienced and play better is harder?  With the New York, most of your games were heavily salted with tier 4 ships with players who had very few games.  At tier 6, however you are facing your first taste of veteran players who have begun reaping the benefits of the skills they have honed from the previous tiers.  The New Mexico is a better ship, but you are facing better opposition as well, something to keep in mind.

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,230 battles

well I would LOVE to help with my opinion, but A- I only have the NY, and B>> I cannot find you on the stats server or warshipstats.com, so I cannot compare your NY to Mex stats....
weird huh.....

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,230 battles

FlaSher102 .

EU player...

http://warshipstats.com/eu/player/FlaSher102

OK but you have a better WR in that than in the NY>???  so.....

Better base defens but not a better survival rate.... all other stats are close enough to disregard... What you are doing wrong, I cannot say... but perhaps play it a bit different... at max range that will get eaten up....

Edited by pmgaudio

Members
348 posts
591 battles

i play on WoWs EU

Then I have one question: you felt the need to share this on the Americas forum...under a pseudonym...and went straight into a rant...why?
  • Cool 2

Members
8 posts

i just went in the first forum i saw in google and im not rant . Im totally relaxed . OK , sorry that i went in the wrong forum but still , does it matter that much to care ?

Edited by headbraker

Members
348 posts
591 battles

i just went in the first forum i saw in google and im not rant . Im totally relaxed . OK , sorry that i went in the wrong forum but still , does it matter that much to care ?

When troll posts happen all the time here? Yes, it does. Not gonna say anymore, you go about your business. But there's much meaner people around here than me, so careful.

[WPS]
Members
4,181 posts
9,619 battles

I love the New Mexico. 70k average damage for my last 15 or so rounds in her.

Read this thread  - http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/52725-so-i-dont-feel-horrible-in-the-nm-but-my-stats-kind-of-disagree/ 

Edited by enderland07

Beta Testers
2,580 posts
4,750 battles

I'm still fairly new to it, haven't got the top hull yet but I'm fairly sure I'll enjoy it.

Somehow it feels quite a lot more sluggish than New York, not sure why since it has same speed...

Dispersion at range does seem worse but the shells are also much faster/flatter, seems to get citadels better.

Its nice having turrets where you can realistically actually shoot them all while under fire.

Members
8 posts

About the mexico - I agree that there is more experienced players in mexico's lvl but its not all about how they attack me , but how i can attack them . Usually when i attack with ap's , the bullets dont hit or if they do , damage is small . My aim is descent or avarage so..i guess ill try to get in close with enemy .

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,115 posts
30,885 battles

New Mexico is widely considered to be one of the better USN BBs in the game.  Well armored, average speed for a USN BB (slow).  However, she packs a lot of guns compared to Tier V New York and even Tier VII Colorado.  Colorado has stronger guns but only has 8 of them.  Tier VI New Mexico has 12 guns but smaller caliber.  You are more sure to hit something with the amount of shells you send flying.  And her guns are powerful enough for the tiers she fights in.

Her turret arrangement is favorable compared to New York which can't use it's middle turret without exposing a lot of her sides, risking penetration & citadel hits.  All her guns are arranged in 4 triple gun turrets and lets you fight decently while angled.

Her Tier VI IJN counterpart, Fuso, has excellent armament and superior speed and handling.  However, as someone that's played both BB lines, Fuso has definitely weaker armor.

In short, I loved New Mexico because she was an all around, capable BB.  The only thing she lacked was speed, and that's something every USN BB suffers until Tier VIII.  Except for that speed issue, I felt NM had no glaring weakness.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Sign in to follow this