Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
xtcmax

Ognevoy's gun rotation speed is too slow

12 comments in this topic

[RUSS]
Members
548 posts
4,023 battles

24 seconds turret rotation on Ognevoy, that is where you ,guys, majorly dropped the ball.

Edited by xtcmax

[RUSS]
Members
548 posts
4,023 battles

But i want to play Russian DDs.

The reason for my outcry:

Since we get very short torpedo range, pur Dds need to rely on the gun and maneuverability. The turrets can not keep up with the turning even with the + gun rotation mod. Therefore we are crippled in battle and most of the time we are forced to use only 2 guns. Even if we wiggle, to avoid enemy fire, our guns can't keep up. 

The counterpart Nicholas has 12s rotation. The DD before, Izyaslav, has 12-13s rotation and, even though it is slow on the turn, the ship's batteries can keep up.

Even if we try to do long range battle, the guns are still too slow when we evade. Give us more turret turning speed please.

Beta Testers
4,982 posts
6,249 battles

But i want to play Russian DDs.

The reason for my outcry:

Since we get very short torpedo range, pur Dds need to rely on the gun and maneuverability. The turrets can not keep up with the turning even with the + gun rotation mod. Therefore we are crippled in battle and most of the time we are forced to use only 2 guns. Even if we wiggle, to avoid enemy fire, our guns can't keep up. 

The counterpart Nicholas has 12s rotation. The DD before, Izyaslav, has 12-13s rotation and, even though it is slow on the turn, the ship's batteries can keep up.

Even if we try to do long range battle, the guns are still too slow when we evade. Give us more turret turning speed please.

They have a good gun arc for a reason, they are sniping DDs. That's why their turrets and torps suck. They're not meant for close range brawling.

[A-M-F]
Beta Testers
578 posts
3,090 battles

Play ijn dd's for a bit, then tell me Russian guns are slow.

Members
4,886 posts

note that nicholas has a much worse shooting arc... it's much harder to hit stuff at ~10-11km with nicholas than with ognevoi at ~11-12km, i played both

the turret rotation captain skill is mandatory i believe...

Members
5,165 posts
60 battles

Early tier torps are for trolling. Mid-tier torps work better at ambushing and flanking. High-tier torps are more align with USN's yet still emphasize on up close and personal combat but further away from secondaries range. Khabarovsk will offer you a choice to play like Shimakaze.

[RUSS]
Members
548 posts
4,023 battles

People, talking about high tier ship, will I be able to play those with more or less breaking even silver wise, or they are designed for premium players like high tier tanks in WoT ?

Beta Testers
2,580 posts
4,750 battles

24 seconds turret rotation on Ognevoy, that is where you ,guys, majorly dropped the ball.

Its not 24secs though...

They got [edited] over but not in turret rotation.

331kuu9.jpg

Edit: forum filter is broken?

Edited by hoom

Beta Testers
435 posts

Sounds like this ship is a pack hunter, like a Lion.  Needs something to distract the target (aka lions chasing one out of a herd) so another can ambush it with torps, upside it has guns to shoot at range (which I can think of like a bird diving into water to grab a fish).  Just doesn't work in a video game that well with the view range and stealth visibility.

Sign in to follow this