Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Prothall

Free Day at high tiers

13 comments in this topic

Members
919 posts
14,852 battles

Everybody complains about how expensive the higher tiers are. Many say that cannot play the ships as much as they want from lack of funds. I suggest a promotion to get people playing those higher tiers.

How about a "No Cost Monday" or some such. You could allow all tiers that reasonably cost more money (8-10?) a chance to play with no repair/replenish costs (except for camo and flags). You could also set it up so they wont generate coins (fair is fair). This would allow people to dust off the high tier ships. It would also allow people struggling with tier 8&9 a day to just play their ships.

Maybe if they had this free day people might play more aggressively at the higher tiers and there could actually be some fun match ups. I wouldn't make the free day across the board, as at the lower tiers is where people make their coins.

Discuss

[-BMV-]
Members
763 posts
5,344 battles

Pretty simple strategy to always be able to afford playing my high tiers. 1 game in whatever ship i want to play followed by a game in my Tirpitz. Rinse and repeat. It's a bonus that i love playing the Tirpitz as much as i do with how many credits it prints.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,997 posts
2,336 battles

Its an interesting idea. to be sure. 

But i regularly see aggressive high tier matches. Only a few maps like island of ice generally devolve into camp fests with BBs poking around icebergs. The key is reading the map well, then taking initiative and leading the push on the weak point if no one else will. Once the enemy has no choice, a healthy brawl gets underway. 

[KTKM]
Beta Testers
4,633 posts
4,076 battles

Daily free repairs + resupply instead of Daily x1.5 bonus would be more likely, not sure how it would be recieved, though.

[H0PAS]
Members
710 posts
14,949 battles

My Yamato is like my Ferrari. Expensive to maintain and but fun to drive so I use it on rare occasions.

I don't own a Ferrari.

[KTKM]
Beta Testers
4,633 posts
4,076 battles

My Yamato is like my Ferrari. Expensive to maintain and but fun to drive so I use it on rare occasions.

​My Shimakaze is like my Aston Martin, I don't own one.

I would probably play couple of matches with her every time I log in even with the costs.

punchlines

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,090 battles

Really just need to bring the space battleship gag back for a weekend.

[-BMV-]
Members
763 posts
5,344 battles

Easiest solution? Reduce the maintenance and repair costs of high tiers a bit. It's pretty atrocious. I get that it's a mechanism to keep the mid tiers populated, but even during prime time hours there's often a long wait or games that aren't full at 8+. I'm sure a reduction in cost would alleviate some of that.

[KTKM]
Beta Testers
4,633 posts
4,076 battles

Ah man, that'd bring me back to a few good Space Battleship Yamato memories.

[SOLOH]
[SOLOH]
Beta Testers
4,320 posts

One day playing my Murmansk Marblehead and Warspite earns enough silver I can play what ever I like the rest of the week

[_XXX_]
Beta Testers
1,974 posts

I'm for that ...with those 5 free ports slots you get :P
  • Cool 1

[-K-]
Supertest Coordinator, Alpha Tester, WoWS Community Contributors, Wiki Editor
6,524 posts
28,454 battles

Definitely a neat idea...

Sign in to follow this