Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
rabidrabit

Nagato.... C hull worth it?

21 comments in this topic

[Y0L0K]
Members
378 posts
25,389 battles

The only upgrade listed is 6 AA guns.  Are there other unlisted benefits?  I'm not sure 6 AA guns are worth 1.8 million credits..

[---]
Banned
6,739 posts
10,145 battles

The only upgrade listed is 6 AA guns.  Are there other unlisted benefits?  I'm not sure 6 AA guns are worth 1.8 million credits..

What does it do for the AA rating?

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

If you are just grinding to the next tier and don't want it then don't get it, If you are going to play Nagato a lot cause it's a great BB then buy it.

Edited by slak96u

Alpha Tester
2,599 posts
5,205 battles

It is never not a good idea to get the final upgraded hull if you will be playing Nagato often.

4kPxIvw2_zps6lmioiye.png

Edited by Fleet_Admiral_Kolchak
  • Cool 5

[KNOTS]
Beta Testers
174 posts
2,199 battles

I actually got to the Amagi before they added the the B hull or rather made the B hull the C hull and added another B hull. But I kept mine and like everyone said if you plan on keeping the ship its a good investment.

[2GOOD]
Members
941 posts
23,012 battles

While the hull only shows an increase of 6 to the rating, you need to compare the AA on hull B to hull C. Hull C generally will either increase the range of the existing guns or improve their DPS, it's not just a case of you getting 6 more AA guns for your money.

[KIA]
Members
1,856 posts
7,765 battles

You will have to unlock it using EXP though. You don't have to buy it.

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,377 posts
29,412 battles

Usually the AA guns are different too, and more effective.

Like all cannons instead of shorter range  machine guns. 

Sometimes soft stats are improved along with rudder shift times and more hp.

[HLNT]
Alpha Tester
384 posts
1,735 battles

Click it once and look at the stat bars on the right. It will show all enhancements to the stats. Open the drop down for the ones that change and look at improvements and unimprovements 

[SWFSH]
[SWFSH]
Volunteer Moderator
2,629 posts
7,415 battles

It is never not a good idea to get the final upgraded hull if you will be playing Nagato often.

4kPxIvw2_zps6lmioiye.png

That's a nice Nagato you've got there, Jesus.  It's a shame our Nagato is missing a few AA guns and range finders on its turrets...

Beta Testers
156 posts
1,506 battles

That's a nice Nagato you've got there, Jesus.  It's a shame our Nagato is missing a few AA guns and range finders on its turrets...

You are my hero, for keeping up the good fight.

Alpha Tester
3,710 posts
1,392 battles

nagato is a wonderful ship you should fully upgrade it and keep it for your mid tier battleship entertainments

[KNTAI]
Beta Testers
1,293 posts
12,457 battles

Daily reminder of the Nagato's plight.

[ECOM]
Members
203 posts
5,299 battles

I'm also using B hull.  I'll keep this ship and upgrade it eventually, but there's so much other stuff on the horizon that I need credits for that it's going to be awhile before Nagato gets that last bump to her AA.

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

Daily reminder of the Nagato's plight.

WG really should take the current Nagato and make her Mutsu proper, then give us the actual Nagato.  Then do the same for the current Kongou being turned into Hiei and then giving us Kongou proper.

Since both are not using the actual final forms of the name-class (someone mentioned other ships not actually following the final design upgrade, but I only recall Nagato is using Mutsu's model and Kongou is using Hiei's model).

[SWFSH]
[SWFSH]
Volunteer Moderator
2,629 posts
7,415 battles

You are my hero, for keeping up the good fight.

6 months in, past CBT, OBT, and release... It's too late to pull out now.

:izmena::honoring:

[WPS]
Members
4,181 posts
9,619 battles

I've been debating this, since not having premium credits are really rough - I don't think it's worth 1.8M credits at all in a game where the only real benefit is very close range (3km) AA benefit.

Maybe if more people play non-fighter load out CVs...

Beta Testers
1,115 posts
10,065 battles

I've been debating this, since not having premium credits are really rough - I don't think it's worth 1.8M credits at all in a game where the only real benefit is very close range (3km) AA benefit.

Maybe if more people play non-fighter load out CVs...

I've been seeing a return to the bomber heavy load outs, but still not what it used to be.

The C hull does increase the AA rating by almost 25%, but puts the bulk of the damage into the close range guns.  It's going to be more of Revenge AA than Preventative AA.  

[---]
Banned
6,739 posts
10,145 battles

Looking at the AA, it's worth it to go the C hull. you go from 66 DPS in the close range 25s to 120+ in the close range 25s. 

0 posts

4kPxIvw2_zps6lmioiye.png

I would recommend getting the hull if you wish to enjoy the Nagato longer, if you wish to go on, skip it, and move to the Amagi. 

Beta Testers
1,821 posts
10,838 battles

Nagato's C hull is definitely worth it. I wouldn't say top priority, but the AA is a worthwhile investment.

To all saying its close range revenge AA, the Japanese 25mm guns give IJN ships very respectable in game (contrary to real life). They make up for their average damage in numbers, and have 3km base range. That's 1km more than the AA on the oerlikon, which is the bulk of USN BB AA. With AFT, that's a respectable 3.6km.

Alone they won't do much alone, but if you have support it can and will kill planes that linger too long. I shot down 7 taiho planes with my Nagato the other day. 2 to 3 torp bombers shot down 3 attacks in a row. A CA handled popped defensive fire each time and the damage was minimal.

Of course, without a CA I would be dead, but with him I barely took 1/3 damage from 3 attack runs.

Sign in to follow this