Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
alanbay

rank battles

10 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
498 posts
35,135 battles

it would be nice if rank battle were at tier IV ,,, if so I think more player would play. a 1 to 5 mins. wait is just to long .lol

[CT393]
Beta Testers
37 posts
1,585 battles

They need to do something, I want to play ranked battles, but why wait forever to play when i can do random in a matter of seconds.

Boomo

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

Hopefully they tier the tiers, something like 4-5, 6-7 etc. Tier 5 would be OK just by itself honestly, and would be a blast.

Members
1,726 posts
14,962 battles

Tier IV-V Ranked battles would be terrrrrrrrrible. It would completely shift to DD/CV gameplay. There is no AA at that tier that can even hope to match a halfway competent CV, and it would be 2-3 Minekazes per team sending a continuous stream of torps in all directions.

VI-VII is far and away the most balanced two tier spread in the game, because most of the ships have a purpose. Obviously not an Aoba, Mutsuki, or tier VI CV, but the rest of the ships can all hang and all have their uses in ranked.

[NDA]
Alpha Tester
1,658 posts
6,794 battles

I think it's just a question of better incentives.  Flags are great, but they're not enough drive for a lot of people.  If there was port slots, doubloons, credits, XP, or dare i dream, a free ship at the top rank (even if it was a seal clubbing tier 2 or something) then people would i think be a lot more interested in it.

For me it's my most enjoyable game mode.  I love the no-nonsense brawling that goes on in ranked.. that is, whenever i can get in a game which is never.

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

Tier IV-V Ranked battles would be terrrrrrrrrible. It would completely shift to DD/CV gameplay. There is no AA at that tier that can even hope to match a halfway competent CV, and it would be 2-3 Minekazes per team sending a continuous stream of torps in all directions.

VI-VII is far and away the most balanced two tier spread in the game, because most of the ships have a purpose. Obviously not an Aoba, Mutsuki, or tier VI CV, but the rest of the ships can all hang and all have their uses in ranked.

wait more terrible than the current terrible? Or a new kind of terrible?

Members
1,726 posts
14,962 battles

wait more terrible than the current terrible? Or a new kind of terrible?

I honestly don't know what people think was so terrible about it. I had a blast in Ranked before I ranked out. The games are infinitely better than Random. It just needed a bigger player base, and they need to combine the brackets so there are only 3 levels instead of 4 to help reduce queue times for the playerbase we do have. And there are ways to do that, if anyone from WG wanted suggestions some of us do have them to help the next season run more smoothly.

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,762 posts
16,839 battles

I honestly don't know what people think was so terrible about it. I had a blast in Ranked before I ranked out. The games are infinitely better than Random. It just needed a bigger player base, and they need to combine the brackets so there are only 3 levels instead of 4 to help reduce queue times for the playerbase we do have. And there are ways to do that, if anyone from WG wanted suggestions some of us do have them to help the next season run more smoothly.

They seem to ask for suggestions that never go anywhere.

I played Ranked to 15.. then couldn't get in a damn game under 15 minutes.  Stopped and haven't gone back to it.

Sign in to follow this