You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CritaCorn

WG math 3+5= fair

54 comments in this topic

[PXP]
Beta Testers
30 posts
959 battles

American CV, 3 squads of planes. 2x fighters 1 bomber

IJN CV a joke, 5 squads of planes. 3x fighters, 1 bomber, 1 torpedo bomber

Great Job with that WG, honestly, you really make the American Teir 6 so much fun. Really brilliant, oh please buff DD and Cruiser AA even more, b/c that makes it even more fun, no wonder no one plays carriers, just call it world of battleships. 

"Go sit back above a cruiser with your fighter planes" people say

Sure and let my team die to bombers and oh the IJN's ability to give sight while im sitting back doing nothing. 

The hell is wrong with WG to think this match up is fair? 

Members
348 posts
591 battles

Great Job with that WG, honestly, you really make the American Teir 6 so much fun. Really brilliant, oh please buff DD and Cruiser AA even more, b/c that makes it even more fun, no wonder no one plays carriers, just call it world of battleships. 

Sure and let my team die to bombers and oh the IJN's ability to give sight while im sitting back doing nothing. 

...you noticed how many planes per squadron that Japanese CV's get right? And sitting above AA-gifted ships works only if you do so in a way that your fighters can protect whatever is also protecting them. It works well that way, and you can still provide a defense for your allies. And then your bombers can sneak away from the preoccupied fighters and do some damage.

[BOTES]
Members
741 posts
5,248 battles

I got an idea for you...

Dont be a worthless sky cancer player. 

So sick of CV matches. They control the fate of the game whenever they are in the game. I hate them for one reason...they are low rate scum when they see a low health bb thats already being shot at  and instead of weakening ships they want to steal a quick kill and make their planes useless for about 4 minutes. 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
408 posts
2,508 battles

I got an idea for you...

So sick of CV matches. They control the fate of the game whenever they are in the game. I hate them for one reason...they are low rate scum when they see a low health bb thats already being shot at  and instead of weakening ships they want to steal a quick kill and make their planes useless for about 4 minutes. 

A damaged ship can fire, a dead one can't..

• Cool 2

[PXP]
Beta Testers
30 posts
959 battles

I got an idea for you...

Lets all be BB's and call it World of Battleships then! It will get boring, and the game will die, your brilliant! 
Edited by Deranged_Fruitloops

Beta Testers
435 posts

I got an idea for you...

Dead ship is one less firing at you.  DD and torps miss more often with good avoidance, while shells take time to reload or can miss.  But would you prefer being shot at by a low hitpoint ship or the ship completely burned down to the water line, because last I checked it is still possible to put full salvos at 1% health into other ships.

[-K--]
Beta Testers
4,829 posts

Yay lets do numbers!

2x USN Fighter squads = 12 planes

3x IJN Fighter Squads = 12 planes

USN Had better fighers last time i saw.. so unless they changed it.

In totals

3x USN Squads = 18 Planes -More Durable-

5x IJN Squads = 20 Planes -Slightly Weaker-

Its more of a X tier CV is better than X tier CV.

Just like Tier 9 and T10 USN CV's are best right now.

Edited by Spyde

[BOTES]
Members
741 posts
5,248 battles

holy jesus the CVIDF is out. 

You clearly didn't read beyond the first sentence. 

CV's attacking weak ships with full torp squadrons is just dumb. It wastes an entire attack and time. Especially when its on a 2 cap domination map and we need a CV to reset the cap to stay in the game. 

Also I stated they do this crap while other ships are attacking the weak one aka poaching kills not for strategic purposes but for the sheer fact they want a kill. 

Don't even deny that this doesnt happen. CV's job is to weaken ships so that they are much easier for other cruisers and bb's to kill. Not the other way around. 

-Members-
6,960 posts
10,623 battles

I got an idea for you...

You're the cancer people want out.
  • Cool 5

Members
1,179 posts
1,238 battles

Lets all be BB's and call it World of Battleships then! It will get boring, and the game will die, your brilliant! 

Not really

People are loving the lack of carriers currently.

[BOTES]
Members
741 posts
5,248 battles

You're the cancer people want out.

Oh no, I don't think I could ever recover from that one. 

[BOTES]
Members
741 posts
5,248 battles

Nobody who uses the term "sky cancer" has any standing to also use the term "worthless" unless referring to themselves.

Cancer isn't an insult, it's a horrific disease. Sweeping generalisations of other players don't make your post any more convincing either. Grow up.

Wahhhh, a common term used regarding the way planes are in this game is used, wahhhh. 

Cancer is also a zodiac sign. You going to cry about that too? 

• Cool 1

[NBNG]
Beta Testers
1,660 posts
5,010 battles

CV's attacking weak ships with full torp squadrons is just dumb. It wastes an entire attack and time. Especially when its on a 2 cap domination map and we need a CV to reset the cap to stay in the game. 

Also I stated they do this crap while other ships are attacking the weak one aka poaching kills not for strategic purposes but for the sheer fact they want a kill. 

Don't even deny that this doesnt happen. CV's job is to weaken ships so that they are much easier for other cruisers and bb's to kill. Not the other way around. 

so combing fire to sink a ship is stupid? Not sure if serious. And remember this, just because your teammates are shooting a ship doesnt mean they are going to kill them. BBs are extremely dangerous up until the point hey are sunk. Remember that. A battleship with 1 health point remaining, can 1 salvo almost any ship it will probably see in a game. Quickly dispatching BBs is smart play. 

Beta Testers
268 posts
4,323 battles

Cvs will attack any isolated BB just because if they head into an AA ball their planes will be shredded.    Isolated BBs tend to already be picked on.  I think this might just be a case of confirmation bias.  

[BOTES]
Members
741 posts
5,248 battles

so combing fire to sink a ship is stupid? Not sure if serious. And remember this, just because your teammates are shooting a ship doesnt mean they are going to kill them. BBs are extremely dangerous up until the point hey are sunk. Remember that. A battleship with 1 health point remaining, can 1 salvo almost any ship it will probably see in a game. Quickly dispatching BBs is smart play. 

Could you strawman that any more? 

If you are going to hold other cruisers and bb's to a higher standard, let's do the same with cv's shall we? 

CV's are not guaranteed kills. In that situation I would much rather the torp bombers come in on an attack approach to get the bb to turn exposing his broadside to other ships to give a better shot. Then after its dead it still has its torps to drop on another ship. 

[K-9]
Beta Testers
73 posts
7,742 battles

Positives of having a good CVs on your team killing the weak.

A. Less guns in play is a good thing.

B. Plane based torps do less damage but are far harder to avoid.  DDs are smart to let the CV handle a BB than waste time closing on a fleeing BB to get into torp range. Planes are faster!!!

C.  Once ANY ship sees it is targeted by torp bombers it is far harder for that ship to fire at your allies.  They pour most of their attention into changing course rather than firing their guns.

D. There is no kill poaching. EVER.  You either killed it or you didn't.

-Members-
6,960 posts
10,623 battles

Wahhhh, a common term used regarding the way planes are in this game is used, wahhhh. 

Cancer is also a zodiac sign. You going to cry about that too? 

Quit being a smart-[edited] and grow up. Cancer is most often referred to the disease and for somebody who has had multiple close friends and relatives pass away from it, I do not find your statements or the same stupid statements others made valid or logical.

Edited by ShermanMedium
  • Cool 3

Members
1,817 posts
9,029 battles

I got an idea for you...

Go ahead and play IJN CV and USN CV both to argue

My argument to understand CV and CV balance is to play CV and BOTH

oh yeah, not t4~5 ones where ships even don't have a reasonable AA Defense

play from t6 up to t7~8

you will notice how much a CV player puts an afford

and OP, pls go ahead play IJN CV, how WEAK THEIR PLANES ARE

They are more in number, but generally they have less durability and less loadout

[BOTES]
Members
741 posts
5,248 battles

It's not a common term at all. It's merely frequently used by a small subset of players who have never experienced cancer directly and therefore think it's fine to compare other players to it.

Cancer is indeed the name of a sign of the Zodiac. But if you're going to try to imply that when you use the term "sky cancer" you're really referring to this, you're going to get laughed out of the thread.

If you can't form a coherent argument against CV players that does not involve inaccurate sweeping generalisations and kindergarden level insults you can't really expect anyone to take you seriously.

Its not my job to adhere to your personal views on a subject. I have had family members who have experienced cancer and it doesn't change what I said about CV players. 

Not all CV players are bad. But the majority of them do exactly what i described and I think its a cheap tactic that is loosely defended on the weak argument that regular ships are incapable of killing a wounded BB. 

-Members-
6,960 posts
10,623 battles

Its not my job to adhere to your personal views on a subject. I have had family members who have experienced cancer and it doesn't change what I said about CV players. 

Not all CV players are bad. But the majority of them do exactly what i described and I think its a cheap tactic that is loosely defended on the weak argument that regular ships are incapable of killing a wounded BB. 

You haven't had any family members that have experienced cancer. A sane human being does not joke about it if they've had relatives that have experienced it.

[CJN]
Beta Testers
719 posts
9,349 battles

I got an idea for you...

[BOTES]
Members
741 posts
5,248 battles

You haven't had any family members that have experienced cancer. A sane human being does not joke about it if they've had relatives that have experienced it.

So now you presume to know me? That's funny because I don't seem to recall telling you anything about me. 

Newsflash: Not everyone has to think the same way you do. 

Jesus you sound like a total baby.

• Cool 1

Members
207 posts
1,260 battles

I got an idea for you...

Where is my down vote button.  I stopped playing CVs generally, and I don't think CV's are where they should be in the game currently, but to insult their players is in poor taste.

[BOTES]
Members
741 posts
5,248 battles

I am truly amazed at how much of a hug box this place is. Its almost as if you have to get a vasectomy to come on here. 

But hey, sometimes people don't like hearing a hard truth about CV players and their tactics.