You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jmt256

No torpedo lead indicator

9 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
2,153 battles

I've got 150 battles so far and really enjoying the game but..... I have been struggling with torpedo's.  I'm sort of getting the hang of them but today i saw that other people seem to have a grey lead indicator.  This has never ever been displayed on my game.  Is there a setting i'm missing somewhere or is it supposed to be automatic?

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
307 posts
1,695 battles

You won't see a torpedo lead indicator unless you have a ship targeted (with the X key to lock on to a ship).

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
841 posts

You won't see a torpedo lead indicator unless you have a ship targeted (with the X key to lock on to a ship).

Also, ensure that you have torpedoes(3) selected as well.

Members
2 posts
2,153 battles

Thanks for the replies guys.  I'll try to get a screenshot next time i play.  I regularly use X to swap targets when using guns.  Do you have to press it again after you switch to torps to get the aim indicator?  I'm using the "alternative battle interface" mode to keep the distance and time for shells displayed.  Anyone know if this will affect the aim indicator?

Members
2,632 posts
10,276 battles

Thanks for the replies guys.  I'll try to get a screenshot next time i play.  I regularly use X to swap targets when using guns.  Do you have to press it again after you switch to torps to get the aim indicator?  I'm using the "alternative battle interface" mode to keep the distance and time for shells displayed.  Anyone know if this will affect the aim indicator?

It does not. As long as you have a target locked, the indicator should display when you switch to torpedoes.

[RRC]
Beta Testers
838 posts
22,896 battles

Just because you get a lead indicator, doesn't mean your torpedoes will reach the target either. Keep that in mind once you do get the hang of getting the indicator to show up. I cant count the number of times I have been killed by one of my own because he thought that having a lead indicator meant he had a valid shot at that guy 18 kilcks away with his 5k fish. The indicator will come up even for targets way beyond your range so keep this in mind.

[O_O]
Members
7,891 posts
22,041 battles

I could have sworn there was a setting that allowed you to enable/disable suggested torpedo path, but I sure can't find it now.

*Edit:  This tutorial says "X" also activates/deactivates suggested torp path:

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/36029-list-of-mouse-and-keyboard-commands/

Edited by desmo_2

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles

You good torpedo guys...do you just shoot by instinct?  Rely on your own judgement kinda like shooting sheet?