You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GravyDave1

To new players from a old one.

63 comments in this topic

[POW1]
Members
5,078 posts

I have been in WoWs from Alpha to now. Here is a small list of things not to do in this game.

1 Do not use WoT tactics. As Veteran player I love this when new players do this. Your a easy targets.

2 Do not stop and go backwards. You become a easy target. Sunk many a ship this way.

3 Work as a team. The side that works as a team best wins.

4 BB players move with your team. Do not just set back.

5 CV players keep your CV moving. Try to stay with team. For faster plane reloads and fighter support from other CV TB's and DB's.

6 Cruisers and DD's watch your torpedo launches. Make sure you are not going to hit your team mates.

Well is just 6 for now. If have a questions please ask and I will do my best to answer it. Please be positive not negative. Be Cool Have Fun Guys GD1

Edited by GravyDave1
  • Cool 9

Beta Testers
297 posts
3,568 battles

7.German tree is broken and rushed they are made out of paper.

He is broken,there Armor is a joke

Edited by stickdeath1980
  • Cool 1

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles

I did a rant yesterday about players who sit back "camping" as it's called in WoT until most of your team is dead and then finally enter the fight waaaay after it is too late.  BBs are the worst at this generally but I do understand prudence and intelligent play....however sitting back on your azz until it is too late drives me crazy.  Have lost way too many games because you have to play short handed and this is a prescription for defeat against a good enemy team. You get beat in detail. They might as well be dead sitting at the back of the map.  Now I am still playing the lower tiers but as I move up I sure hope I do not see this kinda passive play as much.  I have been losing a lot lately and I am not very good but I fight.  I really get irked at players who don't fight and do not grasp the concept of bringing numbers to the fight.  I am not calling for mindless yoloing just fight smart....BUT FIGHT DANG IT.

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

7.German tree is broken and rushed they are made out of paper.

He is broken,there Armor is a joke

*their
  • Cool 3

[POW1]
Members
5,078 posts

great points I only started to move my BB in and I am more effective with it now

Just be smart when you move with your team. If cruisers and DD's playing with team effort you will do great.

Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles

8.  There's this thing on the bottom right of your screen called a "minimap".  This will give you important information, such as where the rest of your team are going, where spotted enemy ships are, and (very important) when the only two ships who bothered to cover the west side of the map just got sunk and there are multiple enemies heading to capture your base so maybe you should think about turning around instead of looking in corners for the enemy carrier.

• Cool 1

[POW1]
Members
5,078 posts

I did a rant yesterday about players who sit back "camping" as it's called in WoT until most of your team is dead and then finally enter the fight waaaay after it is too late.  BBs are the worst at this generally but I do understand prudence and intelligent play....however sitting back on your azz until it is too late drives me crazy.  Have lost way too many games because you have to play short handed and this is a prescription for defeat against a good enemy team. You get beat in detail. They might as well be dead sitting at the back of the map.  Now I am still playing the lower tiers but as I move up I sure hope I do not see this kinda passive play as much.  I have been losing a lot lately and I am not very good but I fight.  I really get irked at players who don't fight and do not grasp the concept of bringing numbers to the fight.  I am not calling for mindless yoloing just fight smart....BUT FIGHT DANG IT.

Basically that is it. 

[POW1]
Members
5,078 posts

Good tips, sadly many won't read this.

That is why I keep making new post about it. Some are getting it and are making the effort.

[-BMV-]
Members
763 posts
5,344 battles

Also if you are a CA captain STAY WITH your BB's. Don't turn tail and run the moment you see the enemy. Focus fire with your BB.

[KMS]
4,045 posts

Stopping and backing up works.  Maybe you should try it.  Oh wait I play a DD not BB.  Congrats on playing since Alpha.

[POW1]
Members
5,078 posts

8.  There's this thing on the bottom right of your screen called a "minimap".  This will give you important information, such as where the rest of your team are going, where spotted enemy ships are, and (very important) when the only two ships who bothered to cover the west side of the map just got sunk and there are multiple enemies heading to capture your base so maybe you should think about turning around instead of looking in corners for the enemy carrier.

Correct I use mine all the time and I enlarge mine. To help keep a idea of where ships are. Same for planes. As soon as I see planes heading my way. I start making moves to counter them. Be proactive in this. This will help out on being Torpedo spammed and sunk.

[POW1]
Members
5,078 posts

Stopping and backing up works.  Maybe you should try it.  Oh wait I play a DD not BB.  Congrats on playing since Alpha.

Sunk a many ship that.

[KMS]
4,045 posts

Sunk a many ship that.

Guess I will have to show you when to do it and not to....  If you doing it the wide open ya.

Members
42 posts
6,922 battles

Sunk a many ship that.

you have to be careful of course but I have had good success with reverse.  Of course that's never in the open.  Almost always with an island on at least one side.  Backing up saved me from having to get out in the open and presenting a broadside target to superior numbers.

[POW1]
Members
5,078 posts

Guess I will have to show you when to do it and not to....  If you doing it the wide open ya.

you have to be careful of course but I have had good success with reverse.  Of course that's never in the open.  Almost always with an island on at least one side.  Backing up saved me from having to get out in the open and presenting a broadside target to superior numbers.

Well have to get back to event see you on the waves.

Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles

Sunk a many ship that.

It can work if you are head-on vs. the ship firing at you.  If you're offering up any kind of an angle, it might save you from one salvo but yeah, it'll get you killed.

And yeah, if it's the only quick way to get into cover, that's probably better than trying to make a U-turn in open water.

Beta Testers
447 posts
6,131 battles

I have been in WoWs from Alpha to now. Here is a small list of things not to do in this game.

1 Do not use WoT tactics. As Veteran player I love this when new players do this. Your a easy targets.

2 Do not stop and go backwards. You become a easy target. Sunk many a ship this way.

3 Work as a team. The side that works as a team best wins.

4 BB players move with your team. Do not just set back.

5 CV players keep your CV moving. Try to stay with team. For faster plane reloads and fighter support from other CV TB's and DB's.

6 Cruisers and DD's watch your torpedo launches. Make sure you are not going to hit your team mates.

Well is just 6 for now. If have a questions please ask and I will do my best to answer it. Please be positive not negative. Be Cool Have Fun Guys GD1

For every rule there is an exception 2)... When DDs lay smoke its advisable to maintain motion inside the screen (if u keep moving forward u will extend beyond it, if u turn u will slide out of it).  So stopping to go backwards unto the edge then moving forward again works very well.  Also, slightly angle your ship towards your targets to help evade incoming torps from blind shots into your smoke.  A still, broadside DD is a dead DD, even in smoke.

[KRAK]
Members
36 posts
10,386 battles

I don't play BB's but I wish they would not go to the edge of the maps.  Battles shift around the map.  BB's way out on a map edge are then out of position and are to slow to get in the battle.

[_CIA_]
Members
371 posts
5,428 battles

Thanks for this Gravy. I needed to see that even to remind me at times. Why do people put down the German line for weakness, it has it's strengths.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

Also if you are a CA captain STAY WITH your BB's. Don't turn tail and run the moment you see the enemy. Focus fire with your BB.

Although it's not a bad idea, if you're getting fired at, to run away past the BB, then swing back into the battle once the heat is off.