Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
xtcmax

How does experience per battle gets calculated?

6 comments in this topic

[RUSS]
Members
548 posts
4,023 battles

I just noticed that in a so-so game I got 1k+ experience. I didn't do very well. Comparing to other games, where I have 100+ hits and 5 ships sunk for only like 800 or so experience, this seems a lot.

I wonder what did I do right? No cap. 1 sunk ship, 23k damage, 5k fire damage.

thanks in advance.

[O_O]
Members
7,893 posts
22,061 battles

If your team wins the game, you get more XP.  If it is your first win of the day in that ship, you get x1.5 XP (assuming you already know that).

I asked how XP was awarded several months ago.  I would think it would be tied to damage inflicted, planes shot down, citadel hits, caps and defends...but as you stated, that does not always seem to be the case.

[ANKER]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,115 posts
7,282 battles

WG won't release their exp calculation formula as it could then be "gamed" but the general idea seems to be more damage and kills against a higher tier = more exp.

[RUSS]
Members
548 posts
4,023 battles

Thank you for the replies. I think i was too tired yesterday and my exp per battle is fine.

[BAKED]
Members
918 posts
12,366 battles

it also depends on how many percent of an enemy's hp you do.  Doing 10k on a destroyer gets you a lot more than doing 10k on a battleship.  The final kill awards points but not as much as taking 80% of a target's

Edited by Dodgy_Cookies

Sign in to follow this