You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mr_Alex

Should Admiral Makarov ex Nurnberg CL be in WOWS?

25 comments in this topic

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

As I like the Nurnberg +1. Soviets don't throw anything away....

Members
148 posts
12 battles

Maybe. But currently there is Soviet T8 cruiser in the plans (likely either Sverdlov-class CL or Adm. Hipper-class CA). The new ship currently in texturing stage.

Alpha Tester
1,879 posts
21 battles

It may happen but most likely as premium. We'll see especially since i don't kmow if the Soviets bothered changing anything

[SALVO]
Members
28,053 posts
41,604 battles

I have found some photos of the Admiral Makarov ex Nurnberg CL in Russian navy service, not sure if she should be in WOWS as a premium CL?

http://www.navsource.narod.ru/photos/02/098/index.html

Seeing as how the Russians already have a tier 5 premium cruiser, I doubt that WG will be in any rush to add a tier 6 premium cruiser, not when they'd probably get more bang for their buck from adding a premium BB or DD, or a tier 8 premium cruiser.  When you get to the point of being willing and able to add in premiums that are only one tier above an existing one, I'd say that they almost certainly would have a multitude of premium ships already available for that nation.  Just look at WoT and you'll see what I mean.

Beta Testers
11,668 posts

I expect the Soviet Union to get a lot of potential premiums:

Novorosisyk --- Former Italian battleship Gulio Cesare, Conti de Cavour class.  Pretty attractive looking battleship.  12" gun dreadnaught, expect a Tier 4.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_battleship_Giulio_Cesare#/media/File:Novorosiysk-1950-Sevastopol-2.jpg

Kerch --- Former Duca d'Aosta, class of the same name.  Italian light cruiser.  Tier 5 material.

Arkhangelsk --- Former Royal Navy Royal Sovereign, battlesthip.  Tier 6 material.

Admiral Makarov --- Ex Nurnberg, Tier 6.

Talinn --- Former German Lutzow, Hipper class  Tier 8

Verniy --- Former IJN HIbiki, Akatsuki class, Tier 8

Alpha Tester
1,879 posts
21 battles

I expect the Soviet Union to get a lot of potential premiums:

Novorosisyk --- Former Italian battleship Gulio Cesare, Conti de Cavour class.  Pretty attractive looking battleship.  12" gun dreadnaught, expect a Tier 4.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_battleship_Giulio_Cesare#/media/File:Novorosiysk-1950-Sevastopol-2.jpg

Kerch --- Former Duca d'Aosta, class of the same name.  Italian light cruiser.  Tier 5 material.

Arkhangelsk --- Former Royal Navy Royal Sovereign, battlesthip.  Tier 6 material.

Admiral Makarov --- Ex Nurnberg, Tier 6.

Talinn --- Former German Lutzow, Hipper class  Tier 8

Verniy --- Former IJN HIbiki, Akatsuki class, Tier 8

I think you placed the Italian ships a tier too low considering their stat lines.

Beta Testers
11,668 posts

I think you placed the Italian ships a tier too low considering their stat lines.

I don't think so.  8 gun light cruiser with 60mm or 70mm belt armor, with an 8 RPM RoF, is clearly Tier 5 material.  12" gun dreadnaught is clearly where the Wyoming is, Tier 4.
Edited by Eisennagel

Alpha Tester
1,879 posts
21 battles

I don't think so.  8 gun light cruiser with 60mm or 70mm deck armor, with an 8 RPM RoF, is clearly Tier 5 material.  12" gun dreadnaught is clearly where the Wyoming is, Tier 4.

Those are eight guns going at 36.5 knots and her protection is superior to the one on Nurnberg. Granted her firepower is weaker but she can easily do DD hunting(which was the reason why the Condottieri-class was created in the first place).

Giulio Cesare was rebuild pretty much from the ground up in the '30s. The WWI form can stay at tier IV, the rebuilt on the other hand is undertiered since she can easily stay at tier V.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

It may happen but most likely as premium. We'll see especially since i don't kmow if the Soviets bothered changing anything

They didn't change anything in the Murmansk and yet it got upgraded stats.

Alpha Tester
1,879 posts
21 battles

They didn't change anything in the Murmansk and yet it got upgraded stats.

Now Murmansk and Omaha© are equal(plane excluded). It's true however that for quite a while she was superior to Omaha

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,784 posts
5,102 battles

The guns are what make the rebuilds outgrow T4 not necessarily anything else. They are going to have to dance like a battlecruiser at the periphery of an engagement instead of getting stuck in. And even then they will be facing T7 behemoths. 

D'Aosta will only hit that speed because everything else is given optimal speed. So in a way such speed is really negated. 

Alpha Tester
1,879 posts
21 battles

The guns are what make the rebuilds outgrow T4 not necessarily anything else. They are going to have to dance like a battlecruiser at the periphery of an engagement instead of getting stuck in. And even then they will be facing T7 behemoths. 

D'Aosta will only hit that speed because everything else is given optimal speed. So in a way such speed is really negated. 

Perhaps but then again i don't think DDs would be pleased to have a cruiser capable of going almost as fast as they do(if not faster in some cases) chasing them. Moreover overall they weren't half bad against other cruisers since they actually had protection rather than some sheets of paper like Da Giussano and Cadorna :D
Edited by Demon93IT

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,784 posts
5,102 battles

Perhaps but then again i don't think DDs would be pleased to have a cruiser capable of going almost as fast as they do(if not faster in some cases) chasing them. Moreover overall they weren't half bad against other cruisers since they actually had protection rather than some sheets of paper like Da Giussano and Cadorna :D

Oh trust me I have visions of Pantelleria dancing in my head. :izmena:

NDjiUaa.jpg and they say Padovani are only gran dottore. :trollface:

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
7,898 posts
27 battles

They exchanged radars and fitted Russian twin 37mm V-11 in place of all the Bofors and single/twin 20mm C/38, going by what the Wargaming wiki says.

Alpha Tester
7,898 posts
27 battles

First time I read that Cesare was re-engineered by the Russians, it sounds pretty crazy if true.

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,784 posts
5,102 battles

That's for Nurnberg.

In any case from what Navypedia says she got quite a lot of 37/70 :teethhappy:: http://navypedia.org/ships/russia/ru_bb_novorossiysk.htm

Which is why Stalinium NBerg will oooonly be rating 67 with 15 second cool down defensive fire. :honoring: