You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SPRTN116

Cleveland vs. New Mexico

37 comments in this topic

[KILL2]
Members
11 posts
1,083 battles

This is not a "hate the New Mexico" post but more an observation and questionnaire. When I play my Cleveland and there is a New Mexico on the opposing side I get deleted ~80% of the time. No other ship seems to do this with that frequency lol. Anyone else have a "nemesis ship" that just never fails to delete you?

[KILL2]
Members
11 posts
1,083 battles

It's funny because most people would say the Cleveland.

Haha. I dont think i have ever had an enemy Cleveland insta-gibb me. Must be that I was fated to be fodder for NM's...

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,405 posts
29,497 battles

The pure joy of a full salvo hitting a cleveland citadel is bliss....

But invisible destroyers just burning me down...aarrggg.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

The pure joy of a full salvo hitting a cleveland citadel is bliss....

But invisible destroyers just burning me down...aarrggg.

My New Mexico is the only matching tiered ship I have that can even manage that, and it is oooohh soooo goood... :hiding:

I dont count my Derpitz because I tend to citadel just about everything with that thing... I can pretty reliably get at least one or two citadels per match. It scares me sometimes... :amazed:

To OP...my arch-nemesis ship is the Atago while sailing in my Derpitz....for some reason...whenever I go up against that ship, I always seem to derp extra hard and get double-torp-tapped by the Atago...of course, I mostly always tend to get him back by my own torps but still lol 

Members
892 posts

Midway in my Derptiz....Like there is a scent of blood when he gets pulled into a T10 match, double torp screaming in at perfect arming distance Boop :hiding:, I see them on the list first thing is FULL RIGHT RUDDER LOOK FOR A Bmore or DM or something HELP ME SAVE ME HA...

Beta Testers
804 posts
696 battles

For me, in my Cleveland, I can never seem to shake Omahas. Like I'm carrying around a juicy steak next to a hungry dog.... They just seem to follow me. And Atlantas too...

Beta Testers
88 posts
1,325 battles

For me, in my Cleveland, I can never seem to shake Omahas. Like I'm carrying around a juicy steak next to a hungry dog.... They just seem to follow me. And Atlantas too...

Load AP and wreck them. The Omaha is a floating citadel and you can easily outrange Atlantas.  

I'd have to agree, in DDs I very much dislike seeing more than 1 Cleveland on the red side. One can be avoided easily enough, but multiple?  Yeah not so easy when they split up and cover multiple areas.  Although it brings me extreme joy to torp them and float away with a big grin on my face. It's rare but does happen from time to time.

Members
288 posts
5,547 battles

Well, yeah. Given the Cleveland's horrible arc, one of my favorite things to do with an Omaha is stay above 10km and duel. My shells perform better, so with proper dancing I can avoid the great majority of the Cleveland's fire. And while it too can dance, it has a harder time dodging the Omaha's fire. 

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,200 posts
30,952 battles

This is not a "hate the New Mexico" post but more an observation and questionnaire. When I play my Cleveland and there is a New Mexico on the opposing side I get deleted ~80% of the time. No other ship seems to do this with that frequency lol. Anyone else have a "nemesis ship" that just never fails to delete you?

Against BBs, angle your ship to present a smaller profile and keep the distance.  The Cleveland may be hard to citadel but IMO, side shots are easy against them because they're pretty damn big as a CL.

The Cleveland's guns suck at range with their awful arcs and shell hang times.  However, BBs, especially Tier VI and below, to include the Tier VII Failorado, are slow and not as nimble ships.  Especially USN BBs.  Those Cleveland shell arcs and hang time won't be as bad dealing with BBs.

As a Cleveland, in "World of Burning Warships" your eyes should light up like a kid waking up Christmas morning when you see a BB.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
103 posts
2,081 battles

Some may say it is a bliss, but I think for me, by biggest nemesis is ignorance

Members
78 posts
631 battles

Fire damage from multiple clevelands tends to annoy me the most, but I also tend to wreck them if they dont have a numbers advantage over me in my new mexico.

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

The Atlanta and every single ship in the game. It's like wearing a kick me sign.

[BLNCE]
Members
2,293 posts
7,678 battles

For me it's atagos. They are so easy to kill but my shots always miss them when they hand themselves to me. Now they added a heal spell? Seriously.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,072 posts
1,514 battles

Generally cleveland's when i drive anything but one.

That said it depends a LOT on how competent the driver is. Most of my own best games have involved deleting other cruisers with AP. But you rarely see that from other players and it makes the cleveland perform far below its potential.

[WALLY]
Beta Testers
1,413 posts
1,450 battles

Well, yeah. Given the Cleveland's horrible arc, one of my favorite things to do with an Omaha is stay above 10km and duel. My shells perform better, so with proper dancing I can avoid the great majority of the Cleveland's fire. And while it too can dance, it has a harder time dodging the Omaha's fire. 

And a good Cleveland driver will just run straight at you in that instance and close the range....

[-BMV-]
Members
763 posts
5,345 battles

When I'm in my NC, Tirpitz, and now Iowa it's always a Yamato. I just prepare myself for whats inevitability coming since they can pen me no matter what angle i take.

Members
288 posts
5,547 battles

And a good Cleveland driver will just run straight at you in that instance and close the range....

And so you run straight away from him and the range doesn't actually close and then the Cleve breaks off and/or sinks because he's making himself the obvious target for every ship nearby, right?

[KILL2]
Members
11 posts
1,083 battles

Against BBs, angle your ship to present a smaller profile and keep the distance.  The Cleveland may be hard to citadel but IMO, side shots are easy against them because they're pretty damn big as a CL.

I move around like crazy and just use my front turrets when facing BB's that are targeting me. It just never fails that NM's will take me from full health to nothing no matter how I'm angled. 

I love fighting Omahas in my Cleveland. I have gotten used to the shell arc pretty well and can usually score 2-3 Citadels every 3ish salvos against them. This is assuming they dont broadside me, which i love. Scoring 4-5 Citadels almost every salvo is great. 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

You're in a Cleveland, your ability to complain  about other ships is revoked.

[KNTAI]
Beta Testers
1,293 posts
12,457 battles

You know what else is till fun? Overpenning all 12 guns using the Fuso and still deleting 12k health of a Cleveland lol

Half your posts are about the Fuso... are you two..

dating?! 0.0

[KILL2]
Members
11 posts
1,083 battles

You're in a Cleveland, your ability to complain  about other ships is revoked.

1: I'm not complaining. I win games and I lose games. It happens. I just find it odd that NM's seem to be the ships that insta-gibbed with. 

2. I was not aware that because I use a particular ship of the 12 or so I have that I am not allowed to talk about it. :)