Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Prothall

I am officially done with German cruisers

89 comments in this topic

Members
921 posts
14,904 battles

I sort of enjoyed the tier 2 & 3 versions as they seemed to be mini St. Louis'. 4 blew with the slow rate of fire, but the torps gave it something new.

I do like the range and trajectory on the German tier 5 cruiser.

I cannot stand how fragile they are. In the last fight I had I kept track. The first 6 times I got hit something started burning or broke down. While it usually isn't 6 in a row...the repair party is almost meaningless in German cruisers because you know the second you use it something more vital will break. I noticed this in all of the low tier models. I got 3 devastating strikes with my tier 1 on other German tier 1s. On none of the strikes was I credited with a citadel hit or a DETONATION. I hope they get a flood of data soon and realize that these ships  are too poorly built.

WoWS needs to give them some durability improvement or people will just stop trying to deal with them.

• Cool 1

[CS7]
Beta Testers
326 posts
7,159 battles

When I tried konigsberg I thought it was okay until the first 5 HE shells from another cruiser disabled 5 separate systems. After that I said LOL NOPE.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,484 battles

wow, done after only 47 battles in the LINE.... 28 of which are the tier 5....

ANOTHER player knocking a line without nearly enough games.... I dont get it... I mean I dont have a crap ton either (I have 18, but over 50 during the test) but I LOVE the KONI...3k battles and you give up and dont even get 20 in a tier 5....

over 1300 battle sin an ERIE!!! lol   thats over half your total battles in cruisers alone... and the next is 500 in the PREMIUM atlanta... is you serious?>??

you need to play the koni more than 18 times and get the tier 6.... and 7..... yeah they are fragile... THAT IS WHY you play them and then find out how to PLAY THEM!!!!!...

Edited by pmgaudio
  • Cool 4

Members
5,454 posts
21,213 battles

I didn't even make it to T2 in the German cruiser line. I had played the T5 you could get last week for getting 4 kills in an IJN ship and wasn't really that impressed. Also, I had also watched several videos covering the line and decided that I would be better off with a new port slot. So after two games in the German T1, I junked the ship and I feel I've saved my self a bunch of time I can spend on ships I know I enjoy. I'll happily sink german ship but I won't be sailing them.  

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,645 battles

Basically once you get to t5 in the German cruisers, the object of the game is to not get shot. It only took me 2 games in the Konig on the Sea Trial event to figure out that the ship was excellent, but you have to stay at range and be cautious. It's like playing a hybrid Cleveland/Pensacola. Cleveland-esque guns, but with the discipline required by the fragility of the Pensacola.

Members
921 posts
14,904 battles

Criticizing my play style doe not address the issues. I play tier 1 because tier 10 drove me away for being too damn boring. I also HATE CVs. So the only tiers I can relax  and play without CVs are tier  1 & 2. I used to play the Atlanta long ago to farm cash for my expensive Shimikaze.

As to giving up on the line too early...you may have something. But in my 20 fights I have fought the entire battles with something constantly breaking. This just is not fun. I don't need 100 or 1000 matches in a ship to realize it isn't fun.

• Cool 3

Beta Testers
2,327 posts
3,235 battles

i like them so far, but their engines and other modules are very fragile it seems. the engines get knocked out as if i were in a DD which didnt happen nearly as much a week ago when i had the preview ship. its a bit ridiculous, and maybe its confirmation bias, but the ship does seem more fragile. even with the engine equipment installed theyre knocked out consistently.

like mentioned above, with their range its better to sit back and fire away. i havent gotten the FCS upgrade yet, but the AP might be pretty good at range with plunging fire on BBs. the torpedoes are a nice surprise too, when im forced to brawl ive had success with them.

Members
103 posts
2,081 battles

True. Their engine does break down way too easily. Back during the sea trial days, 75% of the time I was sunk in my Konigsberg because my propulsion was knocked out, and after I used my repair, five seconds later it got knocked out again and people just rained hellfire as it sat helplessly in the vast blue sea.. 

The vulnerability of its engine is just incredulous, almost as weak as that of a destroyer. Really think their engine durability needs a relook

• Cool 1

Members
64 posts

Hi,

Staying at range only works so long. Plus it really limits your flexibility in helping your team. If you can only do one thing, being a sniper in this case, then you have been put into a box. I played the T5 Koni, did not hate it, but I got really tired of staying at range but then getting hit by one BB shell and losing almost 90% in one hit. WG really needs to buff it so that it can take more hits without everything breaking down on the thing. I have had my engine, steering, and rudder go out like 6 times in a battle- multiple times. How is that remotely fun. I can understand a few times, but really!

I still plan to play up to at least the Hipper and go from there. Good luck everyone.

Edited by Darkstaer
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

You should... ummm. not get in range of other cruisers, if you're in a Konigsberg.

spam AP from behind your BBs.

Beta Testers
22 posts
799 battles

The Nurnberg is already a fun ship to play, but that is countered by the amount of times I have died because my engine was destroyed, then I repaired, and then engine destroyed again. I want to like the ship, but it's just too fragile. 

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

I treat Konigsberg like I treat my Yubari. Stay at range, avoid incoming fire, and if possible place someone bigger and tougher between you and the enemy.

She meanwhile excels at ruining cruisers and destroyers. Battleships will love to have you around.

The T3 and T4, Kolberg and Karlsruhe, are complete and utter trash though.

• Cool 2

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,538 posts
30,003 battles

You played the Konigsburg wrong.

Fire at range, you out range almost everything tier 5 and under.

This gives you time to dodge incoming fire and NOT get hit.

I averaged 2 kills/match during test drive.

This by far my favorite ship. 

Edited by dEsTurbed1

[_CIA_]
Members
371 posts
5,428 battles

I even get tunnel vision and screw myself on runs, but still luv the German cruisers. I admit though I only have to tier 5, but still....a blast.

[JEDI-]
Beta Testers
511 posts
5,048 battles

The Konigsberg absolutely decimates all other cruisers in close range with AP, IF you're not getting shot at. I love moving in close with a pack of cruisers, stay far enough back to not be the primary target, and let those AP rounds fly. If you citadel, which you likely will, you will score 10k+ salvos very easily, every salvo.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
11,686 posts

To play German glaskreuzers, one thing you must always do and don't do.  Never go alone and always bunch up with people.  That way, enemy shoots at them and not at you, and you get to support them with focus fire and AA umbrella.

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

To play German glaskreuzers, one thing you must always do and don't do.  Never go alone and always bunch up with people.  That way, enemy shoots at them and not at you, and you get to support them with focus fire and AA umbrella.

You must mean, YOU get to use their AA umbrella...

Konigsberg B-hull AA rating: 17

Kongo C-hull AA rating: 30

Omaha B-hull AA rating: 22

Farragut A-hull AA rating: 19

Members
64 posts

T6 Nurnberg: I stayed at max range, defensive tactics and angled, 2 BB shells (no citadel) and dead. So far, not enjoying the Germans, but really want to.

Edited by Darkstaer

[RQL]
Beta Testers
718 posts
26,370 battles

I have kept eh K'Berg for my Tier 5 of choice - got in the Sea Trials and really liked it.  Still a good Cruiser and fun to play.  Will not disagree though - an enemy sneezes at it and the propulsion quits  This should really be looked at by WoWS.  The real fun is being able to steam away, zig zag and still bring the majority of your guns to bear.

The Nurnberg I am just starting but in the first three battles - two of them I was destroyed by one salvo from enemy ships - even cork screwing like crazy.  I think this will be fun to play and need to learn play style better.

Am looking forward to the Admiral Hipper and probably will not go beyond that tier as I will have the IJN and USN upper tiers by then.  Wish it would have been the Prinz Eugene though, it was sightly modified from the Hipper - will that mean it will be the German Premium Cruiser of the future?

[MGH]
Beta Testers
22 posts
3,293 battles

I only started to have fun when I hit the Koni at tier 5.  I **LOVE** that ship... can't say it enough.  Yes, it's fragile.  But it out-ranges almost EVERY other ship at it's tier.  

[WORST]
Alpha Tester
336 posts

God love all the noobs that only watch YouTube vids of pre release Germany and never look at the stats. But sorry noobs to play German ships you need to learn to aim as you can't spam HE like a noob but if you look at the Higher tier ships they now do monster AP dmg and can pull 10k salvos on BB with AP so ya they suck if you can't aim and only know how to spam HE.

• Cool 1

Members
127 posts
4,997 battles

God love all the noobs that only watch YouTube vids of pre release Germany and never look at the stats. But sorry noobs to play German ships you need to learn to aim as you can't spam HE like a noob but if you look at the Higher tier ships they now do monster AP dmg and can pull 10k salvos on BB with AP so ya they suck if you can't aim and only know how to spam HE.

Nobody here is saying their guns aren't good.
  • Cool 1

[RSRC]
Beta Testers
1,258 posts
9,265 battles

After fighting various tiers of German cruisers, I can say I am done with the line before I even started it. The ships are just no threat at all. If they stay at range they're going to do horrible damage, and if they get closer they're going to get slaughtered by pretty much everything. They serve no purpose in their current state.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this