Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
bad_arcade_kitty

did they sneakily nerfed he shells?

33 comments in this topic

Members
4,886 posts

because they seem to do less damage now... ><

if they did they have to nerf health potions too, those certainly not magic repair teams repair faster than some cruisers can damage that repairing bb

also detonations got much more common than before

Edited by bad_arcade_kitty

[DOOM]
[DOOM]
Members
345 posts
11,383 battles

because they seem to do less damage now... ><

if they did they have to nerf health potions too, those certainly not magic repair teams repair faster than some cruisers can damage that repairing bb

also detonations got much more common than before

Indeed it has appeared that way since the game went live..

I have mentioned it in several other threads over the last couple of weeks.

[KNTAI]
Beta Testers
1,293 posts
12,457 battles

if they did they have to nerf health potions too

Brought to you by the soft drinky tears of all the PepsiColas that are suddenly not Cleavin'.

But no, I havn't noticed lower fire chance when compared to recent times, I still am flameo hotman for good portions of matches.

[A-M-F]
Beta Testers
578 posts
3,090 battles

Maybe people will finally learn how to use AP. What a nightmare that word be.

[KNTAI]
Beta Testers
1,293 posts
12,457 battles

i don't speak about the fire chance, but that he shells damage less now

Ah, I see. I haven't noticed that either, or at least in an amount large enough to be noticeable across the board. Still get hit by 1.3-3.8k HE stuffs at times.

What ship are you using? I've noticed Atlantas in particular do seem less scary than before somehow, there could be something about that.

[DOOM]
[DOOM]
Members
345 posts
11,383 battles

I know my Cleveland is not nearly as good now as it was before. And yes, it appears that the fire chance has been nerfed too.. 

Before anybody gets their shorts in a bunch.. I think H.E. was way op before.. I could routinely burn BBS to the waterline and have them buring constantly from stem to stern...

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

Ah, I see. I haven't noticed that either, or at least in an amount large enough to be noticeable across the board. Still get hit by 1.3-3.8k HE stuffs at times.

What ship are you using? I've noticed Atlantas in particular do seem less scary than before somehow, there could be something about that.

I think reality is catching up with Atlanta rather than the perception formed back in CBT.

I haven't noticed a difference in HE damage, but I'd not be surprised if there was a nerf slipped in.  It wouldn't be the first stealth nerf they stuck us with.

[KNTAI]
Beta Testers
1,293 posts
12,457 battles

I think reality is catching up with Atlanta rather than the perception formed back in CBT.

I haven't noticed a difference in HE damage, but I'd not be surprised if there was a nerf slipped in.  It wouldn't be the first stealth nerf they stuck us with.

Their HE potential seems even lower than it was previously. Clevelands can still noticeably put up a wicked fight, but the Atlanta seems wanting somehow, recently they just seem to do very little damage.

Well, I also had an Atlanta shooting AP at me yesterday.

In my Colorado.

Is there an option to turn off the 'bounced shell' noise? :popcorn:

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

They just need to fix Atlanta's trajectory back to CBT values imo.  *steps off soapbox*

[DOOM]
[DOOM]
Members
345 posts
11,383 battles

Their HE potential seems even lower than it was previously. Clevelands can still noticeably put up a wicked fight, but the Atlanta seems wanting somehow, recently they just seem to do very little damage.

Well, I also had an Atlanta shooting AP at me yesterday.

In my Colorado.

Is there an option to turn off the 'bounced shell' noise? :popcorn:

Yeah, you migjt be right about that. I remeber Atlantas being able to burn a BB down and sink it in a minute or less.. Now, not so much...

[ICEY]
[ICEY]
Alpha Tester
234 posts
5,295 battles

Yeah, you migjt be right about that. I remeber Atlantas being able to burn a BB down and sink it in a minute or less.. Now, not so much...

This is a good thing.

[KNTAI]
Beta Testers
1,293 posts
12,457 battles

This is a good thing.

It should be able to put up a fight, though. It is, after all, a tier 7.

Besides overpening accidentally so that they live longer, Atlantas seem underpowered. I guess that's just their niche though, I imagine they're still bonkers against destroyers.

Members
7,307 posts
3,304 battles

It should be able to put up a fight, though. It is, after all, a tier 7.

Besides overpening accidentally so that they live longer, Atlantas seem underpowered. I guess that's just their niche though, I imagine they're still bonkers against destroyers.

A tier 7 cruiser than does less damage than a tier 5 cruiser... People would melt down WG office of a BB or CV had that problem lol 

[KNTAI]
Beta Testers
1,293 posts
12,457 battles

A tier 7 cruiser than does less damage than a tier 5 cruiser... People would melt down WG office of a BB or CV had that problem lol

I, as a BB main, said under my own will that the Atlantas is underpowered.

45325500.jpg

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,762 posts
16,839 battles

I find the Atlanta is doing less damage all around, even to DDs.  Had to hit one way more than I ever used to the other night while playing it.

Add to that fact is doesn't seem to create over pens by angle anymore, and takes massive damage from AP from any angle, it seems a bit unplayable now unless you can hide by an island.  If there is nothing to shoot by the islands or no islands around, the ship is virtually worthless now.

[SYN]
Members
2,861 posts
10,456 battles

Yes, in the last couple of patches adjusted HE damage. Damaging AA mounts no longer reduces your ships HE pool. HE mounts, from the way i mist recently test them, now function like low pen AP rounds. If HE rounds are unable to penetrate the hull, they do no damage, if they are able to pen the hull, they do 33% damage, and if they hit a citadel, they do 100% damage. Also its worth noting that the bow, stern and decks of higher tier battleships, at least T7 and above, Possibly lower tier ones as well, but I haven't tested them), are thick enough that 5 and 6 inch HE is unable to do damage to them. 5 and 6 inch HE is only able to damage these ships superstructures and AA mounts. Damaging the bow, Stern and Decks of these ships can only be done with 8 inch HE and above.

So really, if your in a cruiser, especially one armed with 6 inch guns or smaller, battleships should be your last target, focus on eliminating destroyers and enemy cruisers first, let your teams destroyers and battleships worry about the enemy battleships.

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

I average more with my Phoenix than my Atlanta, and last time I checked my stats in Atlanta were above average.

Members
7,307 posts
3,304 battles

I, as a BB main, said under my own will that the Atlantas is underpowered.

I'm a BB main and I was agreeing with you

k7BZm4a.gif

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,598 posts
7,430 battles

It probably has something to do with the German line, they most likely tested the "what-if HE did module damage and not napalm killed everyone." 

[KNTAI]
Beta Testers
1,293 posts
12,457 battles

I'm a BB main and I was agreeing with you

Today the impossible has happened.

#Buff the Atlanta.

Alpha Tester
1,635 posts
9,525 battles

I thought they buffed DD guns for what you sail OP, but I don't think they changed them. I know some ships had slightly reworked armor, maybe that is what you are seeing.

And define seeing more detonations? DDs see more of them, the worst I saw was some guy with a 2.6% or so for the number of times he got it, but I am still low on that one closer to 1.2% IIRC. Also the lower tier german ships are WW1 with less gun to magazine protections so they happened more in real life so it carries some over to the game.

Edited by Granitebeard

Members
4,886 posts

Yes, in the last couple of patches adjusted HE damage. Damaging AA mounts no longer reduces your ships HE pool. HE mounts, from the way i mist recently test them, now function like low pen AP rounds. If HE rounds are unable to penetrate the hull, they do no damage, if they are able to pen the hull, they do 33% damage, and if they hit a citadel, they do 100% damage. Also its worth noting that the bow, stern and decks of higher tier battleships, at least T7 and above, Possibly lower tier ones as well, but I haven't tested them), are thick enough that 5 and 6 inch HE is unable to do damage to them. 5 and 6 inch HE is only able to damage these ships superstructures and AA mounts. Damaging the bow, Stern and Decks of these ships can only be done with 8 inch HE and above.

So really, if your in a cruiser, especially one armed with 6 inch guns or smaller, battleships should be your last target, focus on eliminating destroyers and enemy cruisers first, let your teams destroyers and battleships worry about the enemy battleships.

and that's right when they released the gun based dd line

not only usn, but ru dd cannot do much to bb with guns now too, 130mm it's like... 5.2 inches... on top of that ru dd have worse torpedoes

why does wg love bb so much?

Sign in to follow this