Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CrimsonFried

Event sucks, what are you thinking?

26 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
109 battles

I'm new to the game and just starting out and this current event sucks.  Who is this event supposed to be fun for?

When I get the special guy on my team:    I'm outnumbered like crazy so I have tons of ships firing at me.    Since I don't have a great ship like the guy on my team who screws up the match making for the event, I of course generally get killed quickly.     We win, but the gameplay sucks.

When the special guy is on the other team:    Well of course don't die as fast since there are limited ships around, unless you get near the good one.      So the other teams ships die and you get to shoot at some.    And then you get to the end if you are still alive and lol at trying to take on that ship.    I was in a battleship and he had twice as many guns that did more damage and fired much much faster than me.   We were both near dead by then, but I could have been full health and it wouldn't have matter.    He of course racked up another kill, we go on to lose.    Gameplay sucks.

Kind of crap I would expect in a PVE environment not a PvP.    I'm trying to learn how to play and get better, I want to fight against even opponents where I can learn things, not get overwhelmed because someone else is OP on my team.

Complete waste of time.     I'm stuck in the battle for that long, or waiting for that ship to return and all the while my premium time is wasted.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

If your team won, you'll still get the flags....

Try to remember it's just a free to play game, that only costs as much as you want it too....

I've only been playing for a few weeks too, and so far I like the game play, have not managed to get  in a event fight though....

Members
341 posts
1,820 battles

Well I would recommend that you play ships outside of tiers III and IV if you have them. If you don't I would try co-op battles. Or when you get into a special event battle i would recommend working closely with your team and communicating clearly with them to make up for whatever disadvantage you have. If you work together you live long and are more likely to win. I can not recommend that enough. And if none of that works for you the event will be over November 2nd so you could just wait till then.

[VPMN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
2,095 posts
8,175 battles

I'm enjoying the event, but I also know how to play....well kinda.

[NSC]
[NSC]
Members
165 posts
4,355 battles

I have only had the special event ship in one battle in about 4 and half hours of gameplay and it was fun. If the ship is on your team then those players just need to play together, protect the big boy and let him work. We were against the big ship and we killed him with quite a few of the other ships still alive.

I don't know how many times you have had the ship in your battle but regardless take advantage and enjoy it for the 20 minutes, if you die fast I am sure you have another ship you can play for 20 minutes or as above, maybe PvE is more your speed if it upsets you so much.

Fun event if you ask me, but you didn't so I will sod off now.....

• Cool 1

[GOAT]
Beta Testers
1,523 posts
7,150 battles

Only ran into one once, he killed 10 of my teammates on big race. I can't say it was very fun.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,327 posts
3,235 battles

its an utterly idiotic event, and i havent even ran into the special ships yet.

why they couldnt have either:

1. simply had WG employees in division like the sheriffs in WoT, or

2. a stand alone special mode like karl or chafee race

is beyond me...either would have been simple to implement and we still would have gotten rewarded.

instead they cook up some crazy T9/10 ship in mid tier matches with 're-balanced' MM event where the special MM is backwards or otherwise busted. i can easily see how being on either side of one of these matches would be really annoying. either not enough to shoot at, or way too many shooting at you.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,327 posts
3,235 battles

It's an utterly sublime event, and I've faced the special ships more times than I can count!

I can do hyperbole too.

hyperbolic or not, my other points are still valid. why they had to go out of their way to make up such a thing is beyond me when they simply could have done like i mentioned. there have been lots of complaints about these matches and they dont look like much fun. maybe ill finally get into one or more today, but i doubt my opinion will change.

0 posts

if u don't want to fight it.

avoid it

its the SLOWEST SHIP IN THE GAME atm

and for sub humpers.  subs would be SLOWER than this

Truly, its guns are nice and AA is good for tier 5...but the speed...makes people cry. 

Banned
3,836 posts

Truly, its guns are nice and AA is good for tier 5...but the speed...makes people cry. 

the AA is good. but if your ok losign soem torp planes. its easy to murder it with 2 squadrons of torp planes as its slow and thus can't zig zag to avoid torps.

and it doesn't get the AA consumable. something that constantly annoys me.

[PSV]
Beta Testers
474 posts
4,314 battles

I'm new to the game and just starting out and this current event sucks.  Who is this event supposed to be fun for?

When I get the special guy on my team:    I'm outnumbered like crazy so I have tons of ships firing at me.    Since I don't have a great ship like the guy on my team who screws up the match making for the event, I of course generally get killed quickly.     We win, but the gameplay sucks.

When the special guy is on the other team:    Well of course don't die as fast since there are limited ships around, unless you get near the good one.      So the other teams ships die and you get to shoot at some.    And then you get to the end if you are still alive and lol at trying to take on that ship.    I was in a battleship and he had twice as many guns that did more damage and fired much much faster than me.   We were both near dead by then, but I could have been full health and it wouldn't have matter.    He of course racked up another kill, we go on to lose.    Gameplay sucks.

Kind of crap I would expect in a PVE environment not a PvP.    I'm trying to learn how to play and get better, I want to fight against even opponents where I can learn things, not get overwhelmed because someone else is OP on my team.

Complete waste of time.     I'm stuck in the battle for that long, or waiting for that ship to return and all the while my premium time is wasted.

Welcome to the forums. Good to see your first forum post is such a positive and informative post...

Yeah, okay, I can't believe I'm even wasting my time but here goes.

1. It's not like you're getting event battles every time you queue up. No, you're not. Don't even argue.

2. You can play ranked, co-op, or choose to play a tier that isn't involved in the event MM if you really dislike it so much.

3. It's temporary. It's not like it's going to last for very long.

4. Throw the devs a freakin' bone. They're trying to do fun and creative things to keep the community interested, things that usually involve shaking up the formula a bit. Again, if it's not your cup of tea, please refer to #2. :great:

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
47 posts
3,607 battles

Dear OP,

The event will be over in a few days. You weren't expecting to master the game in a few days were you? In the meantime use this event to learn how to work together as a team. This event changes the dynamic of the game from chasing kills to actually needing to work together to win the match. My experience so far has been very positive and I'm surprised how the majority of players are adapting to the different tactics required to win.

Alpha Tester
1,907 posts
12,498 battles

Dear OP,

The event will be over in a few days. You weren't expecting to master the game in a few days were you? In the meantime use this event to learn how to work together as a team. This event changes the dynamic of the game from chasing kills to actually needing to work together to win the match. My experience so far has been very positive and I'm surprised how the majority of players are adapting to the different tactics required to win.

A few days?   it goes on for nearly 2 weeks.         10/20 thru 11/02        It is ruining the game play ,   If you get them on your team they suck up all the exp points , if they are on the other team there isn't enough exp points to be had, and every one rushes the cap and the battle ends way to soon.    Why don't they call it what it is,   a test of boss ships.    

[PSV]
Beta Testers
474 posts
4,314 battles

A few days?   it goes on for nearly 2 weeks.         10/20 thru 11/02        It is ruining the game play ,   If you get them on your team they suck up all the exp points , if they are on the other team there isn't enough exp points to be had, and every one rushes the cap and the battle ends way to soon.    Why don't they call it what it is,   a test of boss ships.    

Ruining gameplay? :teethhappy:

1. It's not like you're getting event battles every time you queue up. No, you're not. Don't even argue.

2. You can play ranked, co-op, or choose to play a tier that isn't involved in the event MM if you really dislike it so much.

4. Throw the devs a freakin' bone. They're trying to do fun and creative things to keep the community interested, things that usually involve shaking up the formula a bit. Again, if it's not your cup of tea, please refer to #2. :great:

Members
7,307 posts
3,304 battles

Yep its sow slow I managed to land 4 torp hits on one while camping around a corner lol them he dropped me to 50 health with those machine gun turrets, allied Izokaze sui rushed it for the kill lol 

Members
4,608 posts

Reading the OP, its exactly what you would find in a PvP, different skill levels of all the players.  Not sure what the OP expects though.

Members
5 posts
109 battles

Reading the OP, its exactly what you would find in a PvP, different skill levels of all the players.  Not sure what the OP expects though.

I expect an even playing field like every decent PvP game in existance strives for.   Dealing with people who are better and maybe even slightly geared because they've done better is 1 thing.  Watching a game given a [edited]dev ez mode gaming and calling it an event because you throw some players flags is [edited].

Speaking of flags - just wasted one on the event.

I just quit the matches now soon as the phantom guy fires at me the first time and when he's on my team I just leave at the start.

Edited by CrimsonFried

Members
7,307 posts
3,304 battles

I expect an even playing field like every decent PvP game in existance strives for.   Dealing with people who are better and maybe even slightly geared because they've done better is 1 thing.  Watching a game given a [edited]dev ez mode gaming and calling it an event because you throw some players flags is [edited].

Speaking of flags - just wasted one on the event.

I just quit the matches now soon as the phantom guy fires at me the first time and when he's on my team I just leave at the start.

Want to opt out of the event? 

• Go to control panel on your PC
  • Find programs and features. Click it
  • Look for world of warships.
  • Click uninstall and follow the prompts 
  • ?????
  • PROFIT! we get rid of a useless AFKer and we continue having fun events like this!

Members
5 posts
109 battles

I on the other hand have yet to see the damn things

First(and now only) game of today he was in mine.

Dear OP,

It didn't seem like a single person on my team last game cared for it.    Stop kissing butt.

Ruining gameplay? :teethhappy:

1.  I've been trying to focus on a single ship for the moment and it kills the fun factor. 

2.  I can't play ranked, it's not available but I did notice it's coming soon if I keep playing.    If I wanted to play Co-op I wouldn't be in the PvP match to start with.

3.  So what?

4.  Anyone who thinks it's ok to be cannon fodder because you have a chance at rewards is dumb.    I can't stand rewards based gamers and that's the only thing that can appeal to this game.   

If my opinion is not your cup of tea, eat #2.

Members
5 posts
109 battles

Want to opt out of the event? 

• Go to control panel on your PC
  • Find programs and features. Click it
  • Look for world of warships.
  • Click uninstall and follow the prompts 
  • ?????
  • PROFIT! we get rid of a useless AFKer and we continue having fun events like this!

Awwww, does it hurt your feelings that I said bad things about a game you play?      Do you need instructions on how to overlook things - you know, since I was posting in the feedback forum for the devs to read, and really don't care if you read it or not?

Beta Testers
50 posts
3,225 battles

Been playing all week, have yet to see a single phantom game.

Sign in to follow this