You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sinboto

Russian DDs learned a valuable lesson

22 comments in this topic

[SVER]
Beta Testers
3,810 posts
10,030 battles

Great match, pretty damn good, but I died a split second before the end of the match, why you ask, pop the spoiler and find out. :popcorn:

s5cG2hL.jpg?1

Stop Trying to use them Sinboto, they're not worth it man. :sceptic:

[SVER]
Beta Testers
3,810 posts
10,030 battles

I don't understand

The Russian torpedoes have a 3km range at T4

Members
2,632 posts
10,276 battles

Like early US DDs, they're very situational. When I had the Ognevoi as part of the Sea Trials, I rarely hit anything on the odd chance I was even close enough to fire them. But when I was, they were nice to shepherd the target where I wanted them to go or not go. Like forcing another DD to turn a certain way as they rounded an island, thereby masking me from return torpedo fire and letting me hit them with guns.

Members
1,112 posts
1,111 battles

Only go for the torp when the enemy is distracted and you are 1 on 1 with them. I actually got 3 torp kills in one match with the horrible Tier 2 Ruski DD. Its best to just use the guns (which aren't the greatest) and torp when only absolutely necessary. Hard lesson I learned in the Tier VI.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

The Russian torpedoes have a 3km range at T4

But they become 5km torps with an upgrade.

Members
5,165 posts
60 battles

"High risk, high reward" is what I can describe to outflank and wreck a BB with torpedus, which is a lot of thrilling and rewarding. I tried that way with my Derpzki - the Daring Derp. It's a lot more awesome to troll torps than just playing it as a mere gunship.

[SVER]
Beta Testers
3,810 posts
10,030 battles

But they become 5km torps with an upgrade.

.............I can't believe I had 5km torps and didn't realize it this whole time. 

[BLNCE]
Members
2,293 posts
7,587 battles

The 3 KM torps are hilarious to fire....They also are very disappointing damage wise. Like 5k per hit vs most ships.

Members
1,383 posts
2,282 battles

Thats how i die as well, i like to rush in for a torp run, just firing gun all game is kinda boring, felt like a cruiser. One time got 10 torp hits on a Wyoming and he lived, lol, but still worth it to see those torp exploded, so satisfying.

[BLNCE]
Members
2,293 posts
7,587 battles

Thats how i die as well, i like to rush in for a torp run, just firing gun all game is kinda boring, felt like a cruiser. One time got 10 torp hits on a Wyoming and he lived, lol, but still worth it to see those torp exploded, so satisfying.

Totally - i cant help it but go "BOOM BOOM BOOM" as each torp hits. Torps are like crack for me.

Beta Testers
2,589 posts
8,799 battles

The 3 KM torps are hilarious to fire....They also are very disappointing damage wise. Like 5k per hit vs most ships.

They could do 1 damage a pop and I'd still love them. Wall o torp at T2 rocks! :trollface:

Members
35 posts
2,841 battles

4 hits on a St. Louis with the Derpzki and he still had almost half of his health afterwards.  /cry

0 posts

.............I can't believe I had 5km torps and didn't realize it this whole time. 

It happens, You will like the slight range increase, instead of getting into very dangerous ranges, you will only be getting into slightly less dangerous ranges, higher up, the range hits 6 to 10km. 

Members
707 posts
6,035 battles

4 hits on a St. Louis with the Derpzki and he still had almost half of his health afterwards.  /cry

I smacked a St Louis with like 8 torps from my Storo and sunk him from full health. It was extremely satisfying, almost as good as sex I tell you. I got really lucky though since it was charging forward with a Tenryu and I managed to flank it and it didn't notice me till it got the torp proximity warnings. 

Members
35 posts
2,841 battles

The St. Louis has a crazy amount of HP for being a T3 cruiser.  Those things are tough as nails.  The guns are no joke either.  

Members
4,886 posts

I smacked a St Louis with like 8 torps from my Storo and sunk him from full health. It was extremely satisfying, almost as good as sex I tell you. 

it seems you were rough to the poor st. louis

did she cry afterwards

Members
212 posts
5,354 battles

Maybe the lesson should be to remember that the upgraded Izy has a 5km torp range?  Honestly though, I'm not sure why, but I could get 2 or 3 torp kills each match in the Og, but I don't think I've gotten one in the Izy, even with the extra range.  Best tactic I've found so far? Use engine boost to charge out of smoke right between two enemies and fire torpedos out each side.  They'll love you for it.

Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles

I never was very good in school:

1ba9517f-501d-4f22-8f89-f4d4f091c75e.png

And yes, I died.  4 minutes into the game. :B

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

I landed 9 torp hits into a myogi with my Izy.

didn't sink it...

Edited by MrDeaf

Members
4,886 posts

i saw izy with 5 kills my last game... i survived too (was isokaze, sunk clemson and murmansk) so i don't know how he got them, i didn't watch 

but i believe he did it mostly with guns

btw it wasn't a stomp, it was a pretty hard game and we barely won at the end

Edited by bad_arcade_kitty