You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Super_Dreadnought

Kantai Collection discussion thread

50,022 comments in this topic

RedBear87 1,378
7,898 posts
27 battles

It shall never die.

This shall forever be Myoko's true 中破 art.

Besides, it's not like everyone has Myoko Kai Ni.

Meme should die at some point, I think they stop being funny after a while.

And everyone should have Myoko Kai Ni, it's quite a loss to not have her.

The dolphins somehow reminded me of a certain recent drawing of Taigei by HitenKei that I can't post here unfortunately.

http://threebards.com/kaini/

Apparently there's a website that lets you generate a sig that shows how much Kai Nis you have. Sadly, I have to resize the picture to actually post it here:

(Don't question why Haruna is the main focus. It's just because she's the highest-level Kai Ni in the fleet.)

EDIT: crapI FORGOT KITAKAMI-SAMA BRB

u3sdSyZ.png

Talking about kai ni, soon I'm going to lack only Bismarck (that I simply don't have to begin with), 1 level for Ayanami and 5 for Z1/Z3. Having Hiryu, Soryu and Haruna well above remodelling level gave me enough time to focus on the others.

EDIT:

Is anyone else looking forward to this little monster?

73QQdMml.jpg

It's interesting that apparently even Agano class was supposed to embark one, according to Lacroix. Maybe an equipment for a future Kai Ni (together with the 10cm secondary, I guess).

Edited by RedBear87

Higgle 3,304
In AlfaTesters
4,441 posts
501 battles

Apparently there's a website that lets you generate a sig that shows how much Kai Nis you have. Sadly, I have to resize the picture to actually post it here:

(Don't question why Haruna is the main focus. It's just because she's the highest-level Kai Ni in the fleet.)

u3sdSyZ.png

:I

UKyIDzc.png

I think I'm doing okay... :teethhappy:

3,759 posts
18 battles

Maybe we should setup a Kancolle squadron or an admiralty at this rate. There's enough of us to field at least a DesDiv.

status.png

Edited by Miyanaga_Saki

akh101 137
Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,585 posts
3,612 battles

just watch video about space race and just go brainstorm wend blizzie was talking about verniy...

instead of here getting scraped or such..

wos5F1Z.jpg

She is selected for Soviet Space program to be spaceman spacewomen cosmonaut!

[CMFRT] Daigensui 2,999
9,357 posts
26 battles

I like a nice destroyer.

M00ylb9.jpg

But bunny carriers are fine too.

U482Mzq.jpg

Edited by Daigensui

[SVF] Tankette 103
1,675 posts
1,941 battles

I like a nice destroyer.

M00ylb9.jpg

But bunny carriers are fine too.

-WHHHHYYYYYY-

First image: Oh, boy, let's see how Mini_Bolo reacts to you taking... an interest in his favorite destroyer.

Second image: Yup, this summed up my reaction:

The-office-NOOOOOOOOO-gif.gif

(AKA KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF OF MY ZUIKAKU :angry:)

[NDA] Jinxed_Katajainen 1,336
6,180 posts
4,238 battles

EDIT:

Is anyone else looking forward to this little monster?

It's interesting that apparently even Agano class was supposed to embark one, according to Lacroix. Maybe an equipment for a future Kai Ni (together with the 10cm secondary, I guess).

More equipment I will have to collect... Oyodo should come with them right?

I don't think they were historically used this way, but I'd also like to see more floatplanes like the Type 2 Float Fighter, or Kyofu that can be equipped on AVs and BBV/CAVs that would provide more AA over bombing/recon that the current planes like the Zuiun and Seiran provide.

Hm.. looks like Glico and Kancolle are teaming up.  Some kinda snack food?  (Dawww Makigumo)

BuNc24CCAAE1u2ujpglarge_zpsb2455aee.jpg

Edited by Jinxed_Katajainen

[STEC] Lorenzo_Ruiz 663
5,107 posts
746 battles

My daughter's boyfriend will have to deal with the stereotypical overprotective dad before she is allowed to be a lady.

Edited by Lorenzo_Ruiz

236 posts
14 battles

This event is making me nervous

I should be okay, with ships, I think? HQ 93

Ships at/above 60 (70)

BB - 6 (6)

BBV - 2 (1)

CV - 4 (3)

CVL - 2 (0)

CA - 3 (1)

CAV - 1 (1)

CL - 1 (0)

CLT - 3 (2)

DD - 2 (1)

SS - What are these

1,913 posts
653 battles

Meme should die at some point, I think they stop being funny after a while.

My opinion on memes is that if it keeps getting posted, at least one person finds it funny.

And if it can bring a smile to at least one person, then it is worth keeping alive.

Gluttonous Akagi meme can die though. I still can't get over that becoming canon. What happened to "一航戦の誇り"?

Even though I also like derpy Akagi:

wiPqVup.png

Hnnngh!

So cute.

*snickers*

Oh, those Myoukou parodies would get me every. single. time. (I should find something else to laugh at :hiding:)

---

0x3odYu.png

Ayanami coming soon.

I don't think they were historically used this way, but I'd also like to see more floatplanes like the Type 2 Float Fighter, or Kyofu that can be equipped on AVs and BBV/CAVs that would provide more AA over bombing/recon that the current planes like the Zuiun and Seiran provide.

Same.

I've been waiting for A6M2Ns for a while.

I want to turn Yamashiro into one of those sci-fi starships that have their own fighters onboard.

RedBear87 1,378
7,898 posts
27 battles

Yep, I suppose we can be 99% sure that the Shiun is going to be part of her equipment.

And I was thinking exactly the same about the A6M2-N and the N1K1. The former was actually used on board several seaplane carriers/tenders, I think the latter would be gamey but who cares.

OANYIFAl.jpg

A6M2-N on Kamikawa Maru in 1943.

Edited by RedBear87

2,846 posts

0uiAQM7.png

LOL @ Kirishima's icon

Hm.. looks like Glico and Kancolle are teaming up.  Some kinda snack food?  (Dawww Makigumo)

BuNc24CCAAE1u2ujpglarge_zpsb2455aee.jpg

Dat Junyou

3,759 posts
18 battles

Yep, I suppose we can be 99% sure that the Shiun is going to be part of her equipment.

And I was thinking exactly the same about the A6M2-N and the N1K1. The former was actually used on board several seaplane carriers/tenders, I think the latter would be gamey but who cares.

OANYIFAl.jpg

It may happen. I think that Jun'yo, Ise and Hyuuga are due for a Kai2 treatment, and giving this to them might would be perfect.

Edited by Miyanaga_Saki

[NDA] Jinxed_Katajainen 1,336
6,180 posts
4,238 battles

Ah, nice

I was only aware they were used from seaplane bases.  Good info.

Nissin, Kimikawamaru, and Kamikawamaru were assigned to the fleets at Midway and Aleutians so I'd like to see them too.

Edited by Jinxed_Katajainen

1,913 posts
653 battles

*Remembers disappointment when found out that Shimakaze kai didn't come with quintuple torpedo launchers*

At least Kitakami Kai Ni had them.

Although times have changed.

Now it looks like they want to add as many new items as possible.

(Dawww Makigumo)

Dawwwwww

Good for her.

I didn't expect her to be so cute before I got her.

I thought she was going to be one of those clumsy teacher types.

Really caught me off guard.

Dat Levi.

Edited by Shinkirou_

RedBear87 1,378
7,898 posts
27 battles

It may happen. I think that Jun'yo, Ise and Hyuuga are due for a Kai2 treatment, and giving this to them might would be perfect.

Alternative they could come with another seaplane carrier/tender, Kamikawa Maru herself or even better my long waited Nisshin and Mizuho.

Ah, nice

I was only aware they were used from seaplane bases.  Good info.

Chiyoda also received them sometime in 1942, on CombinedFleet they're mentioned as part of her airwing when she reinforced the Aleutians with those silly midget submarines. I'm looking for infos about other ships that could have received them. EDIT: Kimikawa Maru, sister ship of Kamikawa Maru (some fantasy with those names) also carried them, it would appear she was used only to transport them, though.

Although times have changed.

Now it looks like they want to add as many new items as possible.

They still missed some chances like Arado Ar 136 for Bismarck. Yeah, I'm high on seaplanes today.

Edited by RedBear87

[STEC] Super_Dreadnought 5,818
In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
11,696 posts
3,515 battles

*shrug*

So they are putting in some sort of ship locking huh. Hopefully then AL won't be too hard, being that they are early maps.

Subject to the branching rules being figured out, people I guess should try to complete AL with the fewest ships they can, and if possible do it their weaker ships so all the highest level characters are available for MI.

[KNCOL] BinaryHalibut 61
761 posts
2,128 battles

Depending on how branching for AL works I might just throw some BBs at it.

This is where having 9 leveled BBs (Kongou class and Yamato at 88, Nagato class at 66-ish, Fuso class at 53) comes in handy :trollface:

2,006 posts

Just be wary of your fast BBs since there's only 4. MI might have a 4 fast BB requirement like 2-5.

I'm probably going to just send in level 30 slow BBs into AL. Or in general, I'm not going to send any ship over level 60 into AL.

I still want to know if ships used for AL can be used in support fleets for MI.

[KNCOL] BinaryHalibut 61
761 posts
2,128 battles

Yeah I was going send Fuso class, Mutsuki class, Tenryuu class, Takao class, Houshou, and Shouhou class into AL. Covers pretty much all the ship classes, I've got most of them above level 40 (Some of the Mutsukis are actually 70+), and it doesn't cut into my main fleet at all.

Leveling a ton of ships to medium-high levels instead of leveling a few to 90+ has paid off :tongue:

Edited by sushimkr

2,846 posts

Should be enough for AL... probably overkill

Qxf7o0x.jpg

Actually considering sending Shouhou/Zuihou in place of Hiyou/Junyou but I kinda wanna let Junyou and RJ go to AL.... :unsure:

2,006 posts

Here is mine.. lmbo. :laugh:

5WdiOZ5.png

Highly unlikely worst case scenario I can sortie:

But not until I know if they're locking by ship type itself or unique ID. It would be a horror if I found out i couldn't use my real Yamato in the last map.

lp7qvmq.png

Edited by Blizzie_

[STEC] Super_Dreadnought 5,818
In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
11,696 posts
3,515 battles

My Hibiki is on course to reach lv70 and turn into Verniy just after the event starts. After that I'll have 40 event ready ships to play with (lv70+) consisting of:

Fast BB: 4

Slow BB: 3

BBV: 2

CV: 6

CVL: 4

CA: 2

CAV:2

CL: 3

CLT: 3

DD: 6

SS: 5

I've got a few ships between lv30 - 60 as well, and in all likelihood I'm going to try using a makeshift second string AL team.

Edited by Super_Dreadnought

2,006 posts

My Hibiki is on course to reach lv70 and turn into Verniy just after the event starts. After that I'll have 40 event ready ships to play with (lv70+) consisting of: Fast BB: 4 Slow BB: 3 BBV: 2 CV: 6 CVL: 4 CA: 2 CAV:2 CL: 3 CLT: 3 DD: 6 SS: 5 I've got a few ships between lv30 - 60 as well, and in all likelihood I'm going to try using a makeshift second string AL team.

About time you get the winter princess. :sleep:

E0YbJUg.png

Another thing I thought about was the farming potential in AL. If event only ships drop in AL and MI, it may be wiser to farm for them in AL after the event is done. So maybe I don't want to cripple my AL forces too much. Or expend all my good ships in MI where I won't have any higher level ones left over to make farming easier.

Edited by Blizzie_