You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Doutech

The First NIGHT MAP

13 comments in this topic

[CJN]
Beta Testers
719 posts
9,350 battles

Since I searched the forums and found no mention of the sneak peak that WG has put out for patch 0.5.1, I thought I would make the 1st thread (or repeat one).

We get 3 new maps and 1 of them being a night map!

Fiery Land will be available to tiers VII–X and takes inspiration from islands off the coast of South America.

Trap, available to tiers VIII–X, is set in the Pacific and features a large atoll surrounded by numerous islands.

Northern Lights is a variation of the "North" map, but it’s been reworked with new improvements and is now set under a starry sky, making it World of Warships’ first night map!

What are everyone's thoughts on playing at night? I know I'm excited to see the night light up with shells and flak. (And possibly star shells?)

Beta Testers
19,049 posts
8,128 battles

I am wondering if they are going to reduce detection ranges for the night map? If so then DDs will reign supreme. 

Good, cause it would help them. 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

No gameplay differences, but it will still look super nice. Even without spotlights and flares.

Beta Testers
130 posts
15,123 battles

U.S.A. had best night fighting equipment after mid-43(radar); Japanese were kings until then--so I suppose in game Russians will be best?  lol   But seriously--will mechanics reflect differences or just stay the same?

[CJN]
Beta Testers
719 posts
9,350 battles

Also glad to see more missions, flags, and USN DDs getting a torpedo range buff. Plus the whole reworking of Ranked Battles

[CRNGE]
Banned
3,786 posts
3,406 battles

well, since no actually mechanics changes are coming with the night map, I'm not excited to have to squint more

USN DDs getting a torpedo range buff

I personally have reason to doubt that the torpedo range buff for USN DDs will actually end up going live

Edited by Im_The_Seeker2

[CJN]
Beta Testers
719 posts
9,350 battles

I personally have reason to doubt that the torpedo range buff for USN DDs will actually end up going live

I would be happy with just a 1km buff really.

[NFLT]
Members
1,936 posts
10,652 battles

Hoping for time of day and weather to be fully effective at some point. Possible effects on ship speed, shell accuracy, torpedo usefulness, effectiveness of aircraft, spotting range, etc. Not all naval engagements occurred on clear, calm days.

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,598 posts
7,430 battles

Imagine the Nagato with the buffed secondaries in a night map.

*homer simpson drool*