Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
FallenZulu

Regarding the Sims

17 comments in this topic

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,837 posts
3,359 battles

So I knew that they nerfed the Sims and I read that it was pretty horrible now but I have not known just how difficult it is to play in it until today. The guns are just so bad now. In CBT you could do really well in the Sims by hitting targets at long range but you just seem like you can't do it anymore. The Velocity of the shells are way to slow now and WG should go back and re-balance the Sims. 

Edited by FallenZulu
  • Cool 6

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
351 posts
10,692 battles

+1. Sims was interesting, now is pure garbage, collecting rust on my harbour. Original one was an archetype american DD. Powerful but short range torps, agile, excellent fast firing-fast turning guns, decent AA. Now the guns were nerfed to hell (too slow shell speed and too high arc) and the "compensation", long range torps, are basically useless due to low speed. A refund should be fair, like the T26 pershing on Wot, because this sims is NOT the sims we purchased, or usable long range torps, or a boost on speed... something. 

(I prefer the original guns, but i guess that is not happening due to balancing of OTHER ships, so a refund is the less bad option)

Regards

1,837 posts
3,359 battles

+1. Sims was interesting, now is pure garbage, collecting rust on my harbour. Original one was an archetype american DD. Powerful but short range torps, agile, excellent fast firing-fast turning guns, decent AA. Now the guns were nerfed to hell (too slow shell speed and too high arc) and the "compensation", long range torps, are basically useless due to low speed. A refund should be fair, like the T26 pershing on Wot, because this sims is NOT the sims we purchased, or usable long range torps, or a boost on speed... something. 

(I prefer the original guns, but i guess that is not happening due to balancing of OTHER ships, so a refund is the less bad option)

Regards

I had such good games in my Sims in CBT and before the nerf. I would hate to sell my Sims but it is just so bad now. It can't compete anymore and it's really depressing as a really good ship is now in ruins.

[KIA-T]
Beta Testers
1,857 posts
6,486 battles

Very first game I played in the Sims was a tier 10 game.  I had a blast in despite being a newish player (I had stuck to the lower tiers so I could learn to play.  That and I had watched a good amount of streams/ YouTube videos, so I was a bit better than you average new player).  I got top exp on our team and it was just a fun ship.  That was all back in CBT of course.  Now.... the gun arc just makes her a frustrating piece of junk to play.  That and the other DD nerfs really crippled her as well.  Engine/rudder damage is out of control right now along with the extended repair time compared to CBT (unless you but the premium one, even then I am not sure if it is as fast as the old CBT repair cool down).  I do hope that WG will buff the 5" L/38 some.  As it stands now, the shell arc and pitiful AA performance really kills it as a gun.  Plus its RoF is nerfed from what it should be (which if fine for balance given the other parts of the gun are good, but right now it all stinks).

• Cool 1

1,837 posts
3,359 battles

Very first game I played in the Sims was a tier 10 game.  I had a blast in despite being a newish player (I had stuck to the lower tiers so I could learn to play.  That and I had watched a good amount of streams/ YouTube videos, so I was a bit better than you average new player).  I got top exp on our team and it was just a fun ship.  That was all back in CBT of course.  Now.... the gun arc just makes her a frustrating piece of junk to play.  That and the other DD nerfs really crippled her as well.  Engine/rudder damage is out of control right now along with the extended repair time compared to CBT (unless you but the premium one, even then I am not sure if it is as fast as the old CBT repair cool down).  I do hope that WG will buff the 5" L/38 some.  As it stands now, the shell arc and pitiful AA performance really kills it as a gun.  Plus its RoF is nerfed from what it should be (which if fine for balance given the other parts of the gun are good, but right now it all stinks).

Yeah, honestly I can tolerate the easily damaged modules and slower speed but just give us the fast shell velocity back so we can at least compete. Until then I suppose I will just stay clear from the Sims because I really can't find a way to make it work unless I do a suicide run against a enemy ship with my Torpedoes. 

Beta Testers
263 posts
2,620 battles

Sims and Yubari both need to be fixed. It looks bad on Wargaming that they sold them both as pre-order ships, but they turned out to be below average at best, then (to add insult to injury) the Sims got nerfed even more for release. The only pre-order ship that turned out to be any good was the Russian destroyer. Hmmmm. That suprise anyone?

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
351 posts
10,692 battles

Also, we were early supporters of game... a little love here for us, WG? its not sold on the shop, so making it again playable is not going to hurt anyone... and happy a lot of people. And maybe we deserve, at least, to get something similar to what we purchased to help this game :)

PD: Yubari needs a LOT of love, also.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
192 posts
12,974 battles

Everyone should yell about what was done to the Sims even if you don't have one. If they can do this to the Sims your prem. ship might be next.

• Cool 2

[WALLY]
Beta Testers
1,413 posts
1,450 battles

Every single 5"/38 gun was nerf-hammered.  It changed all of the USN DDs and other ships that had them.

The body of the Sims is willing, but it's gun-fu is weak...

And I don't see how they will buff just a singular ship's guns without somehow jacking up all the other 5"/38s in the game (and by jacking up, I mean moving their performance level up).

[KIA-T]
Beta Testers
1,857 posts
6,486 battles

Every single 5"/38 gun was nerf-hammered.  It changed all of the USN DDs and other ships that had them.

The body of the Sims is willing, but it's gun-fu is weak...

And I don't see how they will buff just a singular ship's guns without somehow jacking up all the other 5"/38s in the game (and by jacking up, I mean moving their performance level up).

Not you again....

Yes.... we know the 5" L38 was nerf... WG wen overboard and made the gun's arc very, very bad.... to the point it is laughable and needs to be buffed.  There is nothing wrong with buffing a class of ships that are currently performing the worst of all four classes....

[WALLY]
Beta Testers
1,413 posts
1,450 battles

Not you again....

Yes.... we know the 5" L38 was nerf... WG wen overboard and made the gun's arc very, very bad.... to the point it is laughable and needs to be buffed.  There is nothing wrong with buffing a class of ships that are currently performing the worst of all four classes....

Not you again either.

You are still not grasping what I am telling you...or if you are, you are being deliberately obtuse about talking about the mechanics of how it would work.

WG is most likely unable to buff just one ship with the 5"/38.  They would have to buff them all (cruisers secondaries, BBs secondaries).  Every single ship that uses the 5/38 would then be buffed.  Which I'm perfectly OK with as it kinda sucks as a primary gun anyway.

[KIA-T]
Beta Testers
1,857 posts
6,486 battles

Not you again either.

You are still not grasping what I am telling you...or if you are, you are being deliberately obtuse about talking about the mechanics of how it would work.

WG is most likely unable to buff just one ship with the 5"/38.  They would have to buff them all (cruisers secondaries, BBs secondaries).  Every single ship that uses the 5/38 would then be buffed.  Which I'm perfectly OK with as it kinda sucks as a primary gun anyway.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!  THAT IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS ENTIRE TIME!!  I know that WG cannot just buff the gun for one ship!  I'm not an idiot.  All the ships that use the 5" L38 need a buff (maybe not the Atlanta but I digress).  Why have you been such a pain in the rear if you agreed with me and everyone else in that other thread?

• Cool 1

[WALLY]
Beta Testers
1,413 posts
1,450 battles

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!  THAT IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS ENTIRE TIME!!  I know that WG cannot just buff the gun for one ship!  I'm not an idiot.  All the ships that use the 5" L38 need a buff (maybe not the Atlanta but I digress).  Why have you been such a pain in the rear if you agreed with me and everyone else in that other thread?

How am I being a pain in the butt?  

You must not be overly familiar with WG.  Once they nerf something (like a tank or ship gun), they NEVER return it to the pre--nerf levels.  It's some kind of obstinate pride issue with them/their programmers.  So...what we want to happen has never happened before, even if it is the RIGHT thing to do, and would be the EASIEST thing for them to do.

Do you understand now why it will most likely NEVER HAPPEN?

ETA - http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/54165-exciting-us-dd-changes-in-51/

Edited by QuicksilverJPR

[KIA-T]
Beta Testers
1,857 posts
6,486 battles

How am I being a pain in the butt?  

You must not be overly familiar with WG.  Once they nerf something (like a tank or ship gun), they NEVER return it to the pre--nerf levels.  It's some kind of obstinate pride issue with them/their programmers.  So...what we want to happen has never happened before, even if it is the RIGHT thing to do, and would be the EASIEST thing for them to do.

Do you understand now why it will most likely NEVER HAPPEN?

ETA - http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/54165-exciting-us-dd-changes-in-51/

I have already answered this in the other thread.  Short and simple, you are wrong.  WG has nerfed than buffed vehicles in the past.  Also, we are not demanding the gun arc to be as it was in CBT, just better than it is now.  You act like you run this circus and that you have all the facts when you clearly don't.

As I have said, has already happened in the past and can happen again.  It is you who lacks understanding.

• Cool 1

[WALLY]
Beta Testers
1,413 posts
1,450 battles

I have already answered this in the other thread.  Short and simple, you are wrong.  WG has nerfed than buffed vehicles in the past.  Also, we are not demanding the gun arc to be as it was in CBT, just better than it is now.  You act like you run this circus and that you have all the facts when you clearly don't.

As I have said, has already happened in the past and can happen again.  It is you who lacks understanding.

I dispute your claim.  I was clearly referencing guns in my posts.

Enjoy your day!

Beta Testers
10 posts
554 battles

Thanks for the warning.  I've been away for a bit and missed this.  It's sad, I loved my Sims in CBT.  It's also so bait and switch, here come buy this wonderful ship and get access to this game and support us...then once the game is live, we're going to render it junk so haha, the jokes on you.

Too bad, the Sims was one of the ships I really enjoyed playing.  

I wouldn't feel that bad if it weren't a premium ship.  I don't think I'm ever going to spend any money on any game these people produce ever again...let's just say I"m going to nerf my ability to spend money on their games.

Sign in to follow this