Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DopamineCircuit

"Survivability" meaning pertaining to Upgrades....?

6 comments in this topic

[BUFU]
[BUFU]
Members
157 posts
7,325 battles

Ship upgrades.  The first modification option.  

Main Battery Modification 1 describes in detail the effects it will have, all of which basically fall under "survivability".

-20% to magazine detonation

-20% to main battery becoming incapacitated

-20% to main battery repair

AA Guns Modification 1:

+20% to AA mounts survivability

So...logic leads me to think that because they didn't word it the same way, it's different.  Otherwise, why would they not just say the Main Battery Modification gives +20% to survivability?

Reasoning, on the other hand, forces me to acknowledge that because you manually control the Main Battery they felt it needed elaborating.

The term "survivability" shows up frequently when faced with choices for skills/upgrades/modifications and it drives me nuts being so unsure...  Any input?

Edited by DopamineCircuit

[BUN]
Beta Testers
1,915 posts
6,595 battles

It's basically the overall hit point of said module. It doesn't increase your ships HP, but the HP of the separate modules.

Edit: The reduced chance of incapacitation. Basically it reduces the risk of your modules getting temporarily knocked out. 

Edited by Verniy_Dekabrist
  • Cool 1

[BUFU]
[BUFU]
Members
157 posts
7,325 battles

Does that mean when that 1 single Fuso or Myogi AP shell that outta nowhere rips across the deck of my ship and permanently knocks out a turret that the shell then did not damage the ship?  Or that however much damage the turret took before succumbing to destruction is subtracted from the damage that would normally be done for a hit?

So 'survivability', although seemingly pertinent, is just a generalization after all?

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,812 posts
26,822 battles

Basically, yes.

When a module is hit by a shell it gets a saving throw. If it makes that saving throw, the damage is ignored. If it fails that saving throw, the damage is applied to that module's own hitpoints. If the damage is more than the hitpoints, the module becomes destroyed. If not, the module remains.

• Cool 2

[BUFU]
[BUFU]
Members
157 posts
7,325 battles

Basically, yes.

When a module is hit by a shell it gets a saving throw. If it makes that saving throw, the damage is ignored. If it fails that saving throw, the damage is applied to that module's own hitpoints. If the damage is more than the hitpoints, the module becomes destroyed. If not, the module remains.

That answer was EXACTLY the style of answer I'd hoped for. You're my f*n hero, yo.

Sign in to follow this