Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
chronicsmith

CARRIER TORPEDOS

12 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
516 battles

I was under the impression that wows was fixing the arming distance after i complained about being torped by an island,  u shouldn't beable to drop torps on an island and kill ships and torps should not arm 15 yards from a ship even with early warning device and captains training u cann't avoid a torp 15 yards away if we PAY in credits and xp to train a captain in a useless function  we are again being ripped off 

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

well that strange, I could never get that to work. The torpedoes always disappear when I launch it near or on islands for me

• Cool 2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,645 battles

This is basically a "cry me a river, build be a bridge, and get the expletive over it" thread.

[TXGUN]
[TXGUN]
Members
4,596 posts
13,562 battles

15 meters they would not arm. They have to be dropped about half a KM out and that is pushing it.  Most good cv players will drop them between 1 and 2 km from your ship That gives them time to arm and you little time to evade them. Most lower tier American CVs torpedo range is only 3 to 4 km.

Members
10,919 posts
4,873 battles

15 meters they would not arm. They have to be dropped about half a KM out and that is pushing it.  Most good cv players will drop them between 1 and 2 km from your ship That gives them time to arm and you little time to evade them. Most lower tier American CVs torpedo range is only 3 to 4 km.

.5km arming distance for USN CVs, and .3km for IJN CVs, IIRC. Though I heard this in 4.1, and I'm not sure if I'm still correct.

Members
110 posts
1,708 battles

how do you measure yards in this game?

and if they are dropped within .5km how do you have time to figure the range of them while you are trying to avoid them?

Edited by odin69

[KIA-T]
Beta Testers
1,857 posts
6,486 battles

how do you measure yards in this game?

and if they are dropped within .5km how do you have time to figure the range of them while you are trying to avoid them?

The key to dodging airborne torps is to not dodge the torps, but the planes that carry them.  If you wait for the planes to drop their payload, you deserve every torpedo that hits you.

[NDA]
Alpha Tester
1,658 posts
6,794 battles

The key to dodging airborne torps is to not dodge the torps, but the planes that carry them.  If you wait for the planes to drop their payload, you deserve every torpedo that hits you.

Yep.  This right here.  It's too late to avoid torpedoes after they've already been dropped.  Pay attention and you'll avoid them completely.

[-WTP-]
Alpha Tester
834 posts
9,249 battles

I think the funny thing with all TB complaint threads is that the poster always complains about the torps and never mentions what Tier they are playing.

Because honestly, Tiers 4/9/10? I have sympathy for you. Tiers 5-8, cry me a river.

Beta Testers
301 posts
3,080 battles

I was under the impression that wows was fixing the arming distance after i complained about being torped by an island,  u shouldn't beable to drop torps on an island and kill ships and torps should not arm 15 yards from a ship even with early warning device and captains training u cann't avoid a torp 15 yards away if we PAY in credits and xp to train a captain in a useless function  we are again being ripped off 

Arming distance as it is fine... dodge the planes like everyone has suggested, works wonders for me.

well that strange, I could never get that to work. The torpedoes always disappear when I launch it near or on islands for me

I find dropping them in the shallows just off the island works amazingly well :)

.5km arming distance for USN CVs, and .3km for IJN CVs, IIRC. Though I heard this in 4.1, and I'm not sure if I'm still correct.

that actually sounds and feels right with my cv's

Members
110 posts
1,708 battles

my sarcasm was lost lol

Sign in to follow this