You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Grisbane

when are we getting a premium tier 8 BB.....

28 comments in this topic

[ISUCK]
Members
201 posts

purchasable in the in-game shop (tech tree buy-able)..   i didn't want all the extra crap they offered with the Tirpitz, which is why I didn't buy it.  had it been sold by itself for the 12,500g i would have..   so the question remains, when will we get a tier 8 premium BB for in-game?

Edited by Grisbane

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,050 posts

You don't want a BB that has torpedoes?  I didn't buy it for the cost as well. 

Banned
3,836 posts

not for a while i would guess.

WG is focusing on russian DDs and german Cruiser lines atm.

so i'd say your gonna need to w8 for a BB line to come up.

which..if its the german line. will probably not give a new prem as Tirpitz was already sold. (and due to Tirptiz havign torps. will likely only ever be sold for cash in the bundles.  not for in game gold or without the bundle)

if its the UK line....well warspite. so i doubt they'd make a tier 8 BB when tier 6 was already sold.  (and due to warspite's repair of citadel dmg. i'd guess if it IS ever sold again. cash and bundle.)

so your probably w8ing for russian BBs.   or for a IJN/USN BB.     none of which i've heard of (and i look at rita's blog and armored patrol daily...gotta find out when panzer 58 and PvE is coming out <.<)

for IJN and USN. i'd expect to see one when they split tech tree lines.   aka probably after russian, germany, and UK get cruiser, BB, and DD lines out.

so long explanation short.  i'm guessing not for a WHILE.  a LONG while.

yeah a long time I would guess a tier 8 CV first

lol

no.

tier 8 BB will show up before tier 8 CV xD

that i can say with confidence.

(and if arty in WoT is anything to go by. its possible a tier 8 CV will never show up)

[ISUCK]
Members
201 posts

seeing as the Tirpitz was apparently only a limited time thing and they have no intention of selling it by itself, or releasing another BB i can train crews on..  guess i will continue staying away from the game.  Just less money in WG's pockets i guess. 

Alpha Tester
2,599 posts
5,205 battles

I doubt it you will see it or anything like it in the in-game store. It appears that items as popular as Tirpitz will be real life money only.

Also it's probably for the best since everyone complained how their were so many Tirpitz in tier 8. If Tirpitz cost gold then that number would increase dramatically and you and I would never hear the end of it.

Long story short for everyone whining about how they can't get their own Tier 8 BB: Get a job, start saving.

Be reasonable, things like Tirpitz support the game you play for free.

Edited by Alexander_Kolchak

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,643 posts
24,301 battles

If they follow the WOT plan, it will be a while.

Members
701 posts
3,457 battles

so an extra 15 bucks for gold, a port slot and flags was the deal breaker??

Edited by TASK_FORCE_16

Beta Testers
958 posts
2,299 battles

Long story short for everyone whining about how they can't get their own Tier 8 BB: Get a job, start saving.

I have more than enough to cover it, just the principle. I shouldn't have to buy what I don't want, nevermind $50 already being a ludicrous price.

[ISUCK]
Members
201 posts

I doubt it you will see it or anything like it in the in-game store. It appears that items as popular as Tirpitz will be real life money only.

Also it's probably for the best since everyone complained how their were so many Tirpitz in tier 8. If Tirpitz cost gold then that number would increase dramatically and you and I would never hear the end of it.

Be reasonable, things like Tirpitz support the game you play for free.

i have an atago and an atlanta, both bought with real money..  i bought them by themselves..  no bells and whistles..  had the tipitz been sold alone i would have bought it.  i play PvE only, the flags and other garbage mean nothing to me.  i don't want them.  i have been supporting the game while i was playing it, but since i play mainly BB's i want a premium BB that i can by..  by itself, without all the crap..   with real money or gold. unbeknown to you, i also have a WoT account..  with almost every (buy-able in store) premium in the game bought on it at one time or another.  if it was tier 3-8 and not an exclusive..  i owned it. i have literally spent over 10,000 dollars on Wargaming products since i started WoT.  save your "get a job" crap for the people that freeball.

Edited by Grisbane

Members
13 posts
737 battles

No, but I've already given them money for gold. Why shouldnt i be able to use that?

[CVLOV]
Beta Testers
3,640 posts
2,638 battles

Bought almost all my current premiums with in-game gold.

Only the Atlanta that I bought with money and if I would have known the future I would have bought with in-game gold as well.

So little use for gold in-game (No premium camo, No premium ammo(and that's fine), No premium ships that I want yet, only for retrains and maybe to skip a line someday).

The game's still young, but it makes me question buying anymore gold.  So I stay away from bundles at the moment as much as I can.

Edited by Francois424

Members
1,267 posts
9,765 battles

Most of you probably remember this, but ridiculous used to be defined by spending .25 cents a game playing pinball machines. Pool tables were .50 cents a game. Then, video arcade games came out and they were about .50 cents a game as well. I would hate to know how much money I spent on games like those, but it was considerable.

To sit in the comfort of my own home, spend what I do on WoWS and play for many hours, it's really not too much by comparison. And of course, we are paying today with inflated dollars, so it all works out in the wash.

Members
13 posts
737 battles

Most of you probably remember this, but ridiculous used to be defined by spending .25 cents a game playing pinball machines. Pool tables were .50 cents a game. Then, video arcade games came out and they were about .50 cents a game as well. I would hate to know how much money I spent on games like those, but it was considerable.

To sit in the comfort of my own home, spend what I do on WoWS and play for many hours, it's really not too much by comparison. And of course, we are paying today with inflated dollars, so it all works out in the wash.

While i agree the problem is i already gave them a lot of real money for their fake in game money to by their fake in game stuff. Now i cant use my fake money to buy their fake stuff. it's annoying that the only thing to buy with their fake money in premium time. If its going to stay that way just offer me a subscription and be done with it.

[-B-Z-]
Alpha Tester
715 posts
4,225 battles

seeing as the Tirpitz was apparently only a limited time thing and they have no intention of selling it by itself, or releasing another BB i can train crews on..  guess i will continue staying away from the game.  Just less money in WG's pockets i guess. 

Russia got the ship unpackaged, was rather mad about that. Would've bought it if we got that option.

WG knows their market and how to promote their goods. Selling the Tirpitz as a bundle for a limited time on the NA server made them more profit in this region than making it available on it's own for a lesser price and kept the premium content from flooding the game and causing balance issues. The target market for WG is 35-60 year old males who have a keen interest in history (hence their advertising is on the History Channel, not cartoon channels, etc.) and have disposable income to spend on their game content without flinching because it was an extra $15 for the bundled goods. 

I have more than enough to cover it, just the principle. I shouldn't have to buy what I don't want, nevermind $50 already being a ludicrous price.

So it's not about the bundle, but really about the price and your position that it is too much to spend on game content anyways. I understand that point, but don't mask it by saying you would have bought it on its own when in fact you now just stated you wouldn't anyways because the price is too high.

In the end, if you want the content, you'll have to pay the price. I'm not advocating for it, just respecting the fact that WG knows their market and how to maximize their profits while ensuring premium content is in demand yet doesn't upset the balance. Only you can determine what you are willing to spend on anything, but you can't force your financial considerations to be used by others.

Alpha Tester
2,599 posts
5,205 battles

save your "get a job" crap for the people that freeball.

I agree with you then.

My argument to you then is the:

"Also it's probably for the best since everyone complained how their were so many Tirpitz in tier 8. If Tirpitz cost gold then that number would increase dramatically and you and I would never hear the end of it."

Beta Testers
958 posts
2,299 battles

WG knows their market and how to promote their goods. Selling the Tirpitz as a bundle for a limited time on the NA server made them more profit in this region than making it available on it's own for a lesser price and kept the premium content from flooding the game and causing balance issues. The target market for WG is 35-60 year old males who have a keen interest in history (hence their advertising is on the History Channel, not cartoon channels, etc.) and have disposable income to spend on their game content without flinching because it was an extra $15 for the bundled goods. 

Bolded part you know is not true. Flooding happens regardless as soon as there's an item readily available in the shop, it's the case with any game and product out there. Also I'm fairly certain I saw the World of Warships commercial on Adult Swim numerous times, unless I'm forgetting since it's kind of late at night so I could definitely be wrong on that.

So it's not about the bundle, but really about the price and your position that it is too much to spend on game content anyways. I understand that point, but don't mask it by saying you would have bought it on its own when in fact you now just stated you wouldn't anyways because the price is too high.

In the end, if you want the content, you'll have to pay the price. I'm not advocating for it, just respecting the fact that WG knows their market and how to maximize their profits while ensuring premium content is in demand yet doesn't upset the balance. Only you can determine what you are willing to spend on anything, but you can't force your financial considerations to be used by others.

Yes and no. I posted this awhile back:

I was horribly disappointed with the packages we got. After at first being unsure about getting a ship for $50, I was going to do it anyways. Buuuut, we don't get the Tirpitz by itself like the Russian server did. So no buy from me basically. +1 RU, -1 NA. 

Being that they got the packages first I had some time to think about if I was going to get it or not. After much consideration I was going to, but we only got packages with crap I don't particularly care about. In the post you quoted, I guess you can imply that I wouldn't buy it due to its price, but that's not what I meant.

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

yeah a long time I would guess a tier 8 CV first

lolwut. That would be such a bad decision for them to make. It would ruin high tier play because of an even greater influx of new players at those tier

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

Personally, I'd like a T7 or T8 Premium BB for the IJN, USN, RN, French, Russian, and Italian lines.  Whether in the in-game shop or in the cash shop doesn't matter.  T8 would be preferable, but T7 will work too.

For example, they could give us Mutsu (currently used for Nagato's Hull [C] visual) for a T7 BB Premium, then give us the proper Nagato refit design (including the turrets) for Nagato Hull [C] (and a slightly longer range to go with it).  Nothing too special about Mutsu compared to Tirpitz or Atago or even Warspite (which can heal Citadel damage), so she'd be fine as an in-game Premium.  Good enough to sell plenty of both in-game and via cash shop (with their occasional cash shop bundles similar to the Atago and Atlanta +Flag bundles), but not outstanding enough to offer as a bundle-only.

Something similar can also be done for the USN line; take the Colorado's final stats as it is currently and turn it into a Premium (gimped HP and lol accuracy should be plenty sufficient to make it inferior), then give the tree version a better final hull stat (more HP at least, based off of West Virginia's displacement if nothing else.  Maybe more AA too, since that's the USN's big thing after all).

[-B-Z-]
Alpha Tester
715 posts
4,225 battles

Bolded part you know is not true. Flooding happens regardless as soon as there's an item readily available in the shop, it's the case with any game and product out there. Also I'm fairly certain I saw the World of Warships commercial on Adult Swim numerous times, unless I'm forgetting since it's kind of late at night so I could definitely be wrong on that.

Yes and no. I posted this awhile back:

Being that they got the packages first I had some time to think about if I was going to get it or not. After much consideration I was going to, but we only got packages with crap I don't particularly care about. In the post you quoted, I guess you can imply that I wouldn't buy it due to its price, but that's not what I meant.

Flooding now only happens initially as everyone plays their new toy but settles down in a week or so. WG actively avoids the Type 59 scenario from 5 years ago in WoT where it was a great premium tank in the tech tree sold for gold and fairly cheap and everyone bought one. You would regularly see 4-6 Type 59's in a match and if they wolf packed the game was over for the other team. So yes, this is a very true statement and you may not have been aware of that painful lesson learned by all when WoT was in its infancy. Although I do miss those wolf packs as they were a blast! :trollface:

I do understand your next comment. You set yourself up to buy something based on other market places and then are disappointed when the offer is different here. I refuse to look at what other severs are offering only because it is a different marketing department looking after a different region and they have a somewhat different target market with different pricing thresholds. Packages and premium content are often different on the different servers and in the end, it is what it is - a well studied marketing promotion to make as much profit as possible money as possible without another Type 59 scenario unfolding. 

[TXGUN]
[TXGUN]
Members
4,596 posts
13,562 battles

And just think when that German Cruiser line comes out I already have two commanders trained up to the fourth tier skill. Same with the Russian and British ships. Thats why you buy the ships early. I wont struggle thru the German, Russian and British lines like I did with the others.