You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DopamineCircuit

Torpedo Speed

5 comments in this topic

[BUFU]
[BUFU]
Members
157 posts
7,325 battles

Why is it that torpedoes don't even come close to their rated speed?  Seems no matter what in a straight sprint against 5kt slower ships than the torpedoes, the ships outrun them every time?

[KTKM]
Beta Testers
4,633 posts
4,076 battles

I think torpedoes do come to their rated speed. It only looks like they're outrunning them, but really the torpedoes are slowly catching up.

5kt to 10kt is a small difference in the game and only really noticable on long intervals.

• Cool 1

Members
3,243 posts
1,579 battles

First time I've seen people complain about torpedoes being too slow.  Think about how long it takes to pass someone on the interstate if you start a mile back only going 1mph faster than them, and then realize you run out of steam at the half mile marker.

[KTKM]
Beta Testers
4,633 posts
4,076 battles

First time I've seen people complain about torpedoes being too slow.  Think about how long it takes to pass someone on the interstate if you start a mile back only going 1mph faster than them, and then realize you run out of steam at the half mile marker.

Relative speed yay
  • Cool 1

[BUFU]
[BUFU]
Members
157 posts
7,325 battles

Relative speed yay

I suppose if you were to look at it as if the distance scale and ship scale were grossly disproportionate to one another in the sense that any visual estimation without additional data inputs would be rendered pretty much useless; yeah actually that checks out...